Hello from a determined Newbie

ShellyBee

Hi everyone
I have finally taken the plunge and decided to go with the SW way of eating. Online.
It's taken me some time (which I could have been spending on the new eating plan :sigh: ) but not so straight forward as I am coeliac and was trying to find the best plan to follow!!
Although my weight has been stable for the last couple of years I really have to lose what I had put on before, and I have felt slightly miffed for some time that I don't eat pastry, cakes or biscuits, and only a small amount of bread BUT the gluten free stuff seems to be much higher in calories and fat!!
Am determined though (DH says if I can be as strict with SW as I am with gluten free I'll be laughing :D ) as my blood pressure has started to rise a bit and I don't want them to take me off HRT!!
ShellyBee

Hi, Shelley, Good luck with slimming world. You are off to a great start with not having much bread, not sure how much variety there is in the herb for coeliacs but I'm sure you will find some things to suit you. Im sure you will be fine as there is lots of free foods which are gluten free. I have found a cook from scratch alot more now I'm on SW, I guess you already do that quite a bit to be sure it's gluten free so you will be at an advantage there.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck! :)

Back