Hello from a newbie :D

Hello me lovelies

I'll share a little info about little ole me...my name is Gemma and ive been doing Slimming World since 4th June 2014 after finding out I had type 2 diabetes, at first it was going great and then in 2015 I struggled which mean my weight was so up & down but I still did manage to lose slightly over 5 1/2 stone but over christmas I gained 1 stone 2 1/2 lb and only lost 3 lb of that gain since.
I'm not totally happy with the way my journey is going at the moment but heyhoo I am trying my best and that's the main thing!!
Anyhoo this is a lifestyle change not a diet as such and at the end of the day I'm only human and we all have moments like this, I just need to find my way again and hopefully I will soon.

I can't wait to get to know you lovely peeps on here to share our slimming journeys with one another :)
Right I best pop off for now and have a look about so bye for now me lovelies
Hugs
Gemma

Hello and thanks for the welcome sweet :)

Oh I agree with you there...it's the hardest thing I've ever done or doing should I say!! Lol I thought bringing up kids was hard but nope that's a breeze compared to this journey but I'm sure we'll get there in the end sweet if we all support one another which it seems there plenty of that going on, on this fabbie forum so we should be fine sweet xx

Hi Gemma, Well done on getting back to the journey to slimdom.. :)
It is hard and it is very disheartening when the weight goes back on again so quickly isn't it?.. but we all know those times and with each others support we can get to our goal!
Here's hoping you will continue to weather the ups and downs and not give in.

Onwards and Downwards!

Hi Gemma, Well done on getting back to the journey to slimdom.. :)
It is hard and it is very disheartening when the weight goes back on again so quickly isn't it?.. but we all know those times and with each others support we can get to our goal!
Here's hoping you will continue to weather the ups and downs and not give in.

Onwards and Downwards!
Hello Emmaline and thank you for the warm welcome
Aye it is disheartening sweet and Im glad I stuck with slimming world while I was struggling because I think the damage would be whole lot worse as i'm a chunky monkey who likes her food!!
Don't you worry I won't be giving up any time soon....It may take me years to slim down but at least I'll get there in the end!! xx

I feel like it might take years to get to where I want to be, having so much weight to loose can be daunting, especially when you have a blip and put a load back on again, sticking to it is often the last thing i want to do, but it does work as long as your true to yourself and I think the food diaries on this forum really helps to stay honest about what your eating.

Hi, Im new (well the account is old but Im just starting to use it!) been doing SW on and off for about 8 months now and lost 2 stone but have well and truly hit a brick wall, I think im going to sit down and revive the love of food with lots of new recipes! Maybe we could help keep us all inspired?!

Well done on your weightloss and good luck for carrying on your journey!

xxx

I feel like it might take years to get to where I want to be, having so much weight to loose can be daunting, especially when you have a blip and put a load back on again, sticking to it is often the last thing i want to do, but it does work as long as your true to yourself and I think the food diaries on this forum really helps to stay honest about what your eating.

Me too as I have a lot to loose and agree it is very daunting but I make mini targets of 7lb and when I loose that 7lb I treat myself to something...not edible thou!! Although I have a little confession...I got out of this but I've made a promise that I am going to start doin this again because it's great getting those little pampering treats or some craft goodies!!
As for keeping a food diary whether it's in written form or on insta...I always have and I share the good, the bad & the ugly
As long as we all support one another we will all get there in the end
Hugs
Gemma

I used to buy new clothes every stone, but im not allowed until im back to pre blip weight..

Hi, Im new (well the account is old but Im just starting to use it!) been doing SW on and off for about 8 months now and lost 2 stone but have well and truly hit a brick wall, I think im going to sit down and revive the love of food with lots of new recipes! Maybe we could help keep us all inspired?!

Well done on your weightloss and good luck for carrying on your journey!

xxx
Hiya Lizzie_2009

Thank you for the welcome and for your kind words about my journey, much appreciated
Anyhoo sweet welcome back to the forum but most of all good luck on your journey too!! As for hitting a brick wall sweet I feel your pain because I feel I've been head butting it hard for the last year...We need to get our heads like you say back in the book and have a refresh and go back to basics!! So we need to read, plan and organise for the week ahead!!
Hugs
Gemma

I used to buy new clothes every stone, but im not allowed until im back to pre blip weight..
I use to treat myself to clothes but I got sick & tired of been disheartened if I found something I liked and couldn't get it in my size or I had to get a slightly bigger size then what I actually am as clothes sizes can be slightly smaller in another shop!! So I changed it to getting something to pamper myself or crafty as I like art journal & make cards etc.
Anyhoo don't worry hun you'll soon get your little blip weight off in no time and back to treating yourself to some clothes xx

Back