Hello from Dubai!

SarahLou84

Hi, I'm Sarah and I live in Dubai.

I officially started Slimming World on Saturday but I have been cooking Slimming World meals for quite a few months. I have also subscribed to the website in the past but I didn't really find there was a benefit once I had downloaded all the booklets.

So for now I am going at it alone and I feel very determined this time. The plan is so easy and there isn't really an excuse for me not to do it!

Problems I will face are - eating out, as I do this A LOT! Finding the ingredients for certain recipes - for example no fat cottage cheese and fromage frais, they don't exist in Dubai and also most of the products here are American so working out the Syns.

I have set myself a mini goal to lose 9kg by Christmas.

See you!

good luck with your goal! i'm working towards a short term goal of 5 pounds, because then i will have lost a stone - after that, just 3 more to go! STONE that is.. sadly never got to grips with kilos so don't know offhand how many pounds 9 kilos is. I'm weighing in tomorrow at weightwatchers, hoping to be down at least 3 pounds... have a good day!

Hi Fiddlestixes!

sadly never got to grips with kilos so don't know offhand how many pounds 9 kilos is.

I used to work with stones and pounds but over here all the scales are in KG so I have no choice but to go with that. I think 1kg is just over 1.5lbs so 9kg would be about a stone. I think that is achivable in 4 months!!!

I certainly think it's a good idea to give yourself small goals, you put less pressure on yourself then and you are more likely to stick to the plan.

I lost quite a lot of weight with Weightwatchers 2 years ago before I got married but it all piled back on after the wedding and then when I moved to Dubai even more piled on! I like Weight Watchers but it's to difficult for me to follow in Dubai hence the switch to Slimming World.

Good Luck with your weigh in - I hope you lose those 3 pounds!

Back