Hello from me.....please help me choose!

Hi, I'm a bit of a ww veteran this being my 3rd attempt. This time I have 21st to loose to get to goal; so far lost 2st in 6 weeks :)...not bad for a bloke in his 40's but, like everyone else, I want to loose it quickly:sigh:.

I found this forum yesterday and think I'll be a regular attender! however I do have to ask about the other diets. I went back to ww because it's one I am used to and I enjoy attending the class but have others done any other diets? eg CD (seems popular), Atkins, LL, W8?

Please, please do not be offended if you are on one of these diets about what I'm about to say but they do seem a bit...well, too good to be true - am I totally wrong? I ask because ww is based on healthy eating, lifestyle change and loosing about 2lbs a week and as I've got 294lbs to loose that's 147 weeks/36 mths/3 years!!!!!!!

So, for someone like me with looooooooaaaaaaaaads to loose am I better trying another diet to loose loads or just keep on with ww? Any views would be greatly appreciated.

TJ

Hello TweenyJake
Well done on your losses so far,if your like me you wanna loose the weight quick, i only had 3 stone to loose,so i done cd for 6 weeks and lost 2 stone and now on ww,my first week last week wi and i lost 8lb after coming off cd,so now i only have 5lb to goal.
If i was in your boat i would do the cd to shift the weight quick,but its a 50/50 chance to take doing it as i was unhappy doing the diet in my self only drinking water.
Let us no what you deciede and good luck xx:D

Hey TJ,

Welcome to Minimins!! It's the best place ever for help/support/advice and everyone is really friendly.

Diet choice is very personal and is a decision that can only be taken by you - you know your body best and will know whether you have the determination/motivation/willpower needed to stick with whatever plan you decide upon.

I would say that if you are happy to lose steadily and eat food then WW is the way to go. If you want to be losing faster then you need to try a very low calorie diet (VLCD) like cambridge or lighter life. But these plans aren't for everyone. Some people fly on them, stick with it 100% and love them, others struggle with living off foodpacks, water and no food.

Like Gem I lost my first chunk of weight on CD but became bored and switched to WW this weekend. I know that I can stick to this plan longer term and therefore have more chance of suceeding to goal.

Good luck with whichever plan you decide upon
x

Hey TJ,

Welcome to Minimins!! It's the best place ever for help/support/advice and everyone is really friendly.

Diet choice is very personal and is a decision that can only be taken by you - you know your body best and will know whether you have the determination/motivation/willpower needed to stick with whatever plan you decide upon.

I would say that if you are happy to lose steadily and eat food then WW is the way to go. If you want to be losing faster then you need to try a very low calorie diet (VLCD) like cambridge or lighter life. But these plans aren't for everyone. Some people fly on them, stick with it 100% and love them, others struggle with living off foodpacks, water and no food.

Like Gem I lost my first chunk of weight on CD but became bored and switched to WW this weekend. I know that I can stick to this plan longer term and therefore have more chance of suceeding to goal.

Good luck with whichever plan you decide upon
x

Im guilty of Dobbie changing from cd 2 ww!!:D
As im doing very well!!!

Yes you are Mrs!!!
I was soooo missing food :( I feel normal now, not like some social outcast surviving on liquid foods!!!
x

Yes you are Mrs!!!
I was soooo missing food :( I feel normal now, not like some social outcast surviving on liquid foods!!!
x

I no its so normal now eating! U can enjoy life more now! And wont put on much when go away for a break or come off ww!!:D

At the end of the day its all about individual choice - would a very low calorie diet fit in with your lifestyle, or is WW with its flexibility more suited to you?
With a VLCD like CD or LL you're expected to lose around a stone a month so its still going to take almost 2 years for you to get to goal - is drinking 4 litres of water and not eating feasible for you to be doing in the long term?
You could of course do as Gem suggested and use a VLCD to shift the bulk of the weight before switching to a balanced diet like WW.
It might be worth having a word with your GP.
Good luck!

Hi there

Welcome to Minimins. You might find that with the amount you have to lose your losses with WW are on a par with CD. When I started last year I lost around a stone a month for the first while, its now gone down to about half a stone a month.

It really depends on what you can handle diet wise. I know without any shadow of a doubt I couldnt stick to CD or any other VLCD for more than 10 mins, the thought of only shakes and no food - ugh! No thanks.

I prefer WW as it allows me to carry on with a 'normal' life. A lot of people disregard WW as an option if they have a lot to lose but believe me, its a very viable option no matter how much you have to lose.

Do let us know what you decide

Its a matter of choice. Ive dieted all my adult but last year i was at my biggest a friend did lighterlife & i saw how quick she lost weight i decided too do it myself.I have too say it was the best thing i have ever done.For me it worked because it was so fast & i got past the weight were i normally got bored i started too buy clothes & feel good about myself so there was no stopping me.Money cut my journey short so now im finishing off on ww, because im not so over weight im not bothered about it coming off fast.I must said ww is fantastic as you dont have too give anything up.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Many thanks to all of you who gave me your views, messages of support - it means a lot:)

After weigh in today I've lost another 4.5lbs (32 in total) so, for the moment at least, I'm going to stick with WW - I do like the flexibility.

Once again thanks - btw if anyone else is in the Blackpool/Lytham area...fancy a get together??

Congrats on your loss TweenyJake!! 4.5lbs is brilliant and 32lb gone to date is great!!! Stick with it and no doubt the lbs will continue to fly off!

BTW I'm from Blackpool way!! My grandparents lived on the promenade - the house with the 2 white stone dogs on the front lawn. Moved down south 20 years ago from Fulwood in Preston. I love Blackpool, so many brilliant childhood memories :D

I live in St Annes - do you get here often? You can always come along to our group meeting:D

Im usually down for a weekend once a year. My parents have been coming for their hols for about 30 years, stay in the same hotel and everything lol

I was down last Oct, went self catering along near Ashton Gdns, this year Im staying in a suite at the Grand :party0049:

Im usually down for a weekend once a year. My parents have been coming for their hols for about 30 years, stay in the same hotel and everything lol

I was down last Oct, went self catering along near Ashton Gdns, this year Im staying in a suite at the Grand :party0049:

can we join u!! only joking!!:D

Back