Hello Hello Joining Slimming World for the first time this evening!

lobster23

I have never gone to Slimming World before
so any tips for my first meeting?
nervous, but excited!
I have 6 stone to lose, I am giving myself one year in which to do it
I joined a gym before Christmas, and I am going 4 times a week
now it's time to sort out my eating habits! :jelous:

Hi and welcome!!
Tips for the first meeting, it may all sound confusing at first but honestly once you get your head around it, it's the easiest plan out there to follow!!
I imagine there will be a few gains from fellow members, listen to how they plan to get back on track.
Make sure you get a contact number for your consultant, there may be questions you want to ask through the week (you can of course ask away on here too!)
Spend a few hours after class going through the books - and maybe even write yourself a shopping list/meal plan!
Most of all, enjoy the class. I look forward to going to class every week! I see it as 'me time'. No one understand your journey as much as those at class doing it with you! Everyone is there with you and I find people are always on hand to give support and advice.
Good luck with your journey and if you need anything at all, give me a shout!

A big warm welcome to Minis and SW! As Steph said it can seem a bit complicated at first but you soon get the hang of it and it becomes second nature. Food Optimising (the SW approach) is a stroke of genius as you can eat so much delicious food and still lose weight. Plus there is minimal counting and weighing. You've made a good choice - good luck!

Thanks so much! Well I went, couldn't believe how friendly everyone was and the leader sat with me for a good 20min explaining everything
The plan seems so straight forward!!!
I am here with all the books ready for reading
Thanks a million

Glad you enjoyed group - how's it going??

I have joined SW tonight for the first time, I've always been a WW girl but have fallen of the wagon the last few months so want to start fresh on a new programme :)

Back