Hello

Jhsax

Starting over
I joined slimming world last year and lost nearly three stone, I left because I wasn't losing anymore even though I was sticking to the diet and I couldn't really afford to stay, being a mature student with kids. I am 23.13, up a stone over xmas and don't consider myself to be a 'heavy' eater. I have always been overweight, but i put on 5 stone with each of my 2 kids. I have always cooked my own food from scratch, but I don't eat enough veg or fruit and instead live on rice, pasta, cous cous and potatoes and it just isn't working I guess. I know I don't exercise enough either, spending half the day behind the computer and half the day on the couch. I have just joined the local pool, but finding it difficult to motivate myself.
My family love theme parks and at my present weight I don't fit on the rollercoasters. We are going to Florida in August and I really want to be able to go on the rides with my kids, but it took me 7 months to loose 3 stone last year and I don't have time to move that slow, I need to kick start my weight loss to try to loose 6 stone in 7 months.

I joined slimming world last year and lost nearly three stone, I left because I wasn't losing anymore even though I was sticking to the diet and I couldn't really afford to stay, being a mature student with kids. I am 23.13, up a stone over xmas and don't consider myself to be a 'heavy' eater. I have always been overweight, but i put on 5 stone with each of my 2 kids. I have always cooked my own food from scratch, but I don't eat enough veg or fruit and instead live on rice, pasta, cous cous and potatoes and it just isn't working I guess. I know I don't exercise enough either, spending half the day behind the computer and half the day on the couch. I have just joined the local pool, but finding it difficult to motivate myself.
My family love theme parks and at my present weight I don't fit on the rollercoasters. We are going to Florida in August and I really want to be able to go on the rides with my kids, but it took me 7 months to loose 3 stone last year and I don't have time to move that slow, I need to kick start my weight loss to try to loose 6 stone in 7 months.
Welcome Jhsax:)

Your weight loss was not bad with Slimming World and if you added in swimming now you probably lose more in a shorter time.

The only way I know of losing 6 stone in 7 months is doing a Total Food Replacement Diet and they are pretty tough and do not suit everyone...before going down that road would you think of giving SW another try in combination with swimming and if you post a food diary and ask for help I am sure other members would be able to help you out.

Here is the link for the Slimming World Food Diaries forum below and have a read of a few of the food diaries to see if that helps and I will also add a link for the recipe forum.

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-food-diaries.138/

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-recipes.150/

At the end of the day it is up to you...the reason I suggest the above is that I was never that successful with SW or WW and I am doing a vlcd now as I find it so difficult to shift my weight.

I could never last on a food replacement diet, I tried it once and it just made me feel sick all the time. I'm going to give slimming world another go combined with exercise. I'm hoping as I put on a stone over Xmas that it will be easier to shift that stone quickly and then go from there. I have posted a food diary.

As I said before TFR's are not for everyone and you have done well on SW.
Now with the exercise you might surprise yourself and have that Christmas weight off pretty rapid before it has a chance to stick to your bones:)

I see you have started a diary so I will be over to check it out:)

I weighed myself last night and have come to the conclusion that my scales are broken. Apparently I have lost 5lbs in 3 days. I think I'd be dead if that happened so im assuming something is wrong with the scales, I'm going to go with the lightest reading though to make me feel better

Ok so I weighed myself again this afternoon to compare to last night to see if it is me or my scales and according to the scales I've lost another 2lbs since yesterday, that's 7lbs in 4 days. I'm pretty convinced that I have a problem with my scales now. Now I have no idea how much I weigh and they are new WW's scales.

You will always weigh heavier at night...

Try sticking to just weighing first thing in the morning and see what readings you get as your weight can fluctuate up and dow during the day.

HI!!

Welcome back... You have a great reason to want the weight off, & not only would I want to get the weight off to go on all the rides too, but I'd be so concerned with the heat! and melting in it.
Don't think too much about how long it took you last time to lose, just go in with a positive mindset and you alone can reach your goal way before your holiday:)

x

Last time I went to Florida was 10 years ago and I was 17st. I fit on every ride and had no problems with the coasters, the walking or the heat. I know if I slim down that far I can enjoy my holiday. I have been told that the rollercoasters in America have cars designed for the 'bigger' person, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't quite make that target, but I still want to try.
I'm trying to be positive, but only two days into my exercise regime and my back went :-( today I can't do my planned dog walk and yesterday I couldn't do my yoga DVD. Its hard to be optimistic about loosing more weight than last time if I'm struggling to exercise.

Last time I went to Florida was 10 years ago and I was 17st. I fit on every ride and had no problems with the coasters, the walking or the heat. I know if I slim down that far I can enjoy my holiday. I have been told that the rollercoasters in America have cars designed for the 'bigger' person, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't quite make that target, but I still want to try.
I'm trying to be positive, but only two days into my exercise regime and my back went :-( today I can't do my planned dog walk and yesterday I couldn't do my yoga DVD. Its hard to be optimistic about loosing more weight than last time if I'm struggling to exercise.
Hi just been reading your story you could lose 5lb in 3 days on s/w so it may be true, I would stick to just weighing at a set time as your body changes through out the day. Are you going a class or doing it from home, an another question did you ever do s/w old plans the red days an green days? Hope you reach your goal.

I went to class for 7 months, but I just can't spare the money at the moment as I'm a student (albeit an old one). Ive done red, green and orange :)

I went to class for 7 months, but I just can't spare the money at the moment as I'm a student (albeit an old one). Ive done red, green and orange :)
I like doing red days I find the extra easy dose not work for me good luck I have just gone back today as missed 3 weeks gained a locket 5.5lb not bad for xmas I don't think, am watching your thread so if you want any help or a moan I'm around.

What plan you sticking to at the moment?

I think its easier to loose if you have just put it on, its everything else that's hard lol I put on a stone just in Dec
I'm sticking to extra easy at the moment, I have an old red and green book upstairs, but it seems like too much hard work to dig it out and read up.
I usually buy the mag and cook all the recipes out of it, anything extra tasty goes in the big black book to be repeated later when I've run out of mag recipes.

Back