Help run out of a good book to read - any suggestions girls?

Trash

Still fighting
Hi All
I posted a thread on the BOOK link on here but no-one appears to reply!

So thought i'd post one on here too!

Anyone reccommend any good books - I like oldy fash one's wiv bit hardship and poverty but not into Catherine Cookson or Josephine Cox.
Especially love Lesley Pearse but I've read all of hers - also love Dilly Court but again read hers.

I also love a bit of drama/crime - read all of Martine Coles and Mandesue Hellers.

Am also parshall to a bit of chick lit - read all of Jill Mansells, Cecelia Aherns and Cathy Kellys.

Please please help me - hate being without a good read x

I love Martine Cole, am yet to read her latest, waiting for my sis to hand it over :)
Im reading Russell Brands Booky wook at the moment, Im finding it a bit hard to get into to be honest!

Dont like Russel Brand think he's a bit of a Pr**k! ha ha sorry if you like him!
My freind works at a very posh drug rehabilitation centre v much like the Priory and he is always in and out!

marian keyes is a brill author of chick lit! ive just read "anyone out there! and it was brill i found it really difficult to put down! ...

she has some others that are ment to be great to! ....

I LOVE Lesley Pearce! If you like that kind of stuff try The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. Also would recommend Marley and Me, totally different but such a lovely book :D It's about a dog.

Cheers girls - Ive read most of Maria Keyes but not the one you've mentioned so will look that up on Amazon and will also try Jennifer Donnelly and Marley and Me sounds good too. Thanks you x

Ive just finished reading 'The business' by Martina Cole .. good book.
Jodi Picoult is a good author too.
Ive just started one by Harlan Ciben called 'Tell no one' and so far so good.

xx

Hi wanted to second that marley and me is a great book!! I loved it and I think they are making it into a film v.soon - watch this space!! Read a great book recently called "The Island" can't remember the author but its about the Greek island of spinalonga, its really really good.

x

Hi wanted to second that marley and me is a great book!! I loved it and I think they are making it into a film v.soon - watch this space!! Read a great book recently called "The Island" can't remember the author but its about the Greek island of spinalonga, its really really good.

x

They are indeed! Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson are the couple. I think it's out in March :)

The Island is Victoria Hislop I think. I like crime and especially the
J D Robb bookes all titled ".... in death" and set in 2050 but not scifi just how you could easily see it could be.

Hope you find something, pity we can't do a book exchange I must have about 6000 oops

M

if you like chick lit then anything Nora Roberts! - they have loads in Bookworld for 3 for £5 too :)

The Island is Victoria Hislop I think. I like crime and especially the
J D Robb bookes all titled ".... in death" and set in 2050 but not scifi just how you could easily see it could be.

Hope you find something, pity we can't do a book exchange I must have about 6000 oops

M

6000 :eek: you need to get on readit swapit great swapping site

Harlan Coben is great, have read all of his. Lisa Jewell good chick lit, 'Love reading' is a good site to help you choose what to read x

Last edited:
Sophie Kinsella is good chick lit - the shopaholic series is great!
If you go to fantasticfiction.com and type in the name of an author, it will list all the books by them. Near the bottom of the page it suggests people who are similar to the author you are looking at!

marian keyes has a new paperback out - this charming man - well worth a read; i got it for xmas.

if you like murders have you read any jeffrey deaver? the lincoln rhyme series are great - the first one in the series is the bone collector

Just an additional thought, if you are like me and go through books like there is no tomorrow, try bookmooch.com as you can send books out to other people, and take their books too!

Back