HELP!

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
i have two cats, gizmo and toby. both males

gizmo is the smallest, and the one who requires more attaention.

toby is younger, but twice as big, very independant.

now toby was the origianl cat i had, but he went missing for over ayear and by the time hed come hom i had gizmo too. they got on really well, but now tobys been attacking poor gizmo for no reason, think its becuase toby is jelous but he has no need to be, he gets love and cuddles too!

how can i stop toby attacking gizmo? i dont want to have to put toby out at 4am again becasuse gizmo is being attacked by him

yep both are neutered, i know for sure toby is but im only thinking gizmo is off what we got told about him by the woman who had him before me

tobys very rough with him, he even chases him away from the house sometimes

Feliway is usually used to help reduce stress related behaviour in cats. This may help with Toby and Gizmo. You said that Toby is very independant and he may be stressed about having to share his territory with another cat. Cats are solitary animals and can be very territorial. It may also help to give them both their own litter tray, bed and feeding area. Possibly in different areas of the house so that they have their own space.

Let me know if that helps :)

they both have a seperate litter tray, and sleeping places already... gizmo kinda has a bedroom, well hes taken over the spare room so we call it his bedroom, and toby likes to sleep on the sofa...

just caught him chasing gizmo again :(

Hmmm, maybe give the feliway a try? That may help to reduce any stress.

Has Toby's aggression towards Gizmo just come on suddenly? How long have they been together and how long has this been happening?

What exactly does Toby do during the attacks? Like his behaviour and also his body language?

Hmmm, maybe give the feliway a try? That may help to reduce any stress.

Has Toby's aggression towards Gizmo just come on suddenly? How long have they been together and how long has this been happening?

What exactly does Toby do during the attacks? Like his behaviour and also his body language?

anything is worth a go...

its been going on for weeks now, butit did come on suddenly. theyve been together now for 6 monthes? maybe more.....
toby pounces on poor gizmo's back, bites him and dosent let him go, sometimes he chases him away from the house
everytime i shout of gizmo toby is straight there at my feet making a wierd little growl noise :S

Have there been any changes in the environment? Even small changes?

I had a thought that he might be just telling Gizmo that he's the boss, but it's wierd to do that now after being fine for a few months.

Just found this: 'Sudden rivalry and jealousy between two previously friendly adult cats is another subject. It can be more often caused by some environmental change, which will take a bit of detective work on your part to discover.Sudden rivalry and jealousy between two previously friendly adult cats is another subject. It can be more often caused by some environmental change, which will take a bit of detective work on your part to discover.'

Have there been any changes in the environment? Even small changes?

I had a thought that he might be just telling Gizmo that he's the boss, but it's wierd to do that now after being fine for a few months.

Just found this: 'Sudden rivalry and jealousy between two previously friendly adult cats is another subject. It can be more often caused by some environmental change, which will take a bit of detective work on your part to discover.Sudden rivalry and jealousy between two previously friendly adult cats is another subject. It can be more often caused by some environmental change, which will take a bit of detective work on your part to discover.'

as far as i know there hasnt been...
confused why tobys being like this now

Back