Help

enabarts

I have a friend who owns a chip shop and has introduced healthier options. She is not overly au fait with the internet and would like some help in establishing the syn values of the following 6 dishes. The food was analized and i include the values given.

I did a google search to find syn values, but to access the Slimming World syn calculator you need to be a member. Google also returned this forum high in the search so I registered and am now making this post.

Any help is appreciated.

FatProteinCarbohydrateCaloriesSlimming World Syns
Paella32.539.472.4740
Spanish Chick Pea Casserole7.513.649.8321
Hake Thai Curry28.338.712.4459
Lentil Bean Casserole3.126.174.8431
Tuna Bake13.433.562.9506
Fish & Chips22.618.755.7501

I can't quite make sense of the figures you list. I am assuming they are grams?

Normally on food packaging, fat, protein, etc., are quoted as grams per 100g, i.e., as a percentage, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

So are the figures grams per portion? In which case, what are the portion sizes? I am a bit surprised that anyone would think that something with over 30g fat in it is a healthier option!

There is also the fact that even if it were possible to work out values from the information you give, your friend would not (as I understand things) be able to quote them as Slimming World Syn values without SW's permission.

I assume that's grams per portion? If you can post a list of ingredients (and weight) for each dish then we could work out what is free (or potentially Hex) and what needs to be syns. But even publishing the information as shown would allow experienced SW people to make an educated choice (and I welcome such transparency).

As for publishing, I suspect you could just say "Syns" - I don't believe that is a registered trademark? "Slimming World" could not be used without permission. I'm sure there are lawyers on here who could advise.

Lentil bean casserole for me! And easy on the chips. :eek:

Back