Here we go again!!!

Samsmum

Think i must have posted on every diet section on here at one time or another. Really want to do this and spend hours reading up on how everyone's doing. I know how each diet works, I know what i have to do so why cant i just pick one, stick with it for more than a day and just get on with it. I'm off work for a good few weeks following an operation and this was going to be my time to transform myself from the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan. Instead i've been in a lot of pain, starting to get depressed and comfort eat. As a result 5 weeks on i just feel like a big fat blob.I feel like i've just resigned myself to always being fat now and just dont know how to break the cycle and get positive again. Was like this before the op so cant blame it all on that and dont want to keep making excuses either. So which diet do i do? Always seem to go back to SW but never had any great successes. My fault not the diet!! Do i stick with what i know or go for a change? Which will give me good losses and motivate me to stick with it and stop feeling sorry for myself? Need a good kick up the a*** so get ya steel toe caps on and feel free. Any advice and support very gratefully accepted

You will succeed - you are still here so you have the will. You may actually be a wee bit scared to start - a bit scared of failure, and that fear has meant that when you have started you've stopped almost immediately. You keep posting so you are a breath away from making that commitment which you need for success. You are so close to doing this you must be almost able to smell success. I can't tell you which diet to do. If you've read all the forums you are more of an expert than I am. Which diet appealled to you most? You may have a point about not doing SW. It is a very good plan but as you say you have not yet found success with it. But WW is now similar I think. Or if you need a complete break from thinking about food and a fast initial loss to get you started a total meal replacement like Lipotrim, Cambridge or Exante might be the one. Whatever you decide, take that last step. You deserve to feel better. Thinking of you xxx.

Aw thank you. Think you have so summed me up there. Scared to fail so why bother trying!! Just read about a 3 day challenge and thinking maybe it'll just give me a bit of a boost. Well done on your loss. Which plan are you doing? We must want this to be on a diet site at this time on a Sunday morning!! Good luck and thank you so much xx

I'm doing a vlcd. A mix of All About W8 and Dietimeal. Dietimeal is cheaper but the porridge and shakes on W8 taste better. I lost 3 stone on AAW8 last year. Put 22 lb back on over 6 months, I've dropped 9.5 lb since restart 12 days ago. I'm supposed to be doing an assignment for an OU course, so on here time wasting lol. Normally I'd still be asleep!

Wow. Amazing loss. Soon be where you want to be. Well done on the OU too. Think i need something to get my brain working again. Feel a bit lost at the minute. Kid's all left home (mind you last one is 29 and only went a month ago)Lost my long time job due to health probs and just doing a mundane part time one now to pay the bills. This should be me time now. Positive thoughts from today. Going for a long walk along the beach now with my hubby, doggie and baby grandson. See life's not all bad!!!xx

My children have both left too, so it's just me and the dog now. At least I get a bit of exercise taking her for a (normally very short) walk. Have a nice day.

Back