Here we go again!!!

karnak

:wave_cry:

Hi Everyone out there - I am trying to lose weight again. How many times is this in my long 50 years on this planet?
Well, I have lost 3 stone about 4 times, 4 stone once and now need to lose a good four stone again. What diets have i tried? Well, there was the Cambridge Diet, the Micro Diet, the cabbage soup diet, the Egg (yes, Egg) diet, Weight Watchers about 4 times and I have now moved on to Slimming World.

I have been going now for about 5 weeks and have lost 11 pounds. That stone does seem to be running away from me as I just can not stop myself from indugling in a few too many scoops on a Friday and Saturday night.:7834:

Now, I am not an alcaholic quite yet, but just do not seem to be able to cut down on the dreaded grape juice. Anyway, OH is doing this with me, so that helps - other than when he asks if peanuts have syns (bless, some men have no idea)
Exercise has so far been no existant thanks to 2 dodge discs in my back that I had operated on some time ago. I keep on trying to find time to go swimming, but there always seems some else that needs doing first.

I have been reading some of the posts on here for the last week or so and have already bought a slow cooker (fantastic). Some of the inspirational people on here should get a medal.
Anyway time to go and make chicken noodle soup for lunch, Turkey Bolognese for dinner this evening:eating:

Hi there

I am new to this and trying to loose weight again. I was alright until I hit the menopause. I am in my fifties I have joined the gym and got my diet plate out again which is portioned controlled. I just need the motivation. I would love to loose a stone before Christmas.

welcome to the forum - congrats on your weight loss so far! x

Hi there

I am new to this and trying to loose weight again. I was alright until I hit the menopause. I am in my fifties I have joined the gym and got my diet plate out again which is portioned controlled. I just need the motivation. I would love to loose a stone before Christmas.

The motivation I need is to do some exercise, what do you do when you go to the gym. I tried to get a swim only membership at my local gym to start slowly but its not something they do. I thought it would be a gentle way to start as I have back problems

what is your downfall? - its the booze with me. I am good all week, save my syns for the weekend, but as soon as I partake of the dreaded booze all my resolution goes out of the window. Before I know it it is Monday morning and my weigh in is a Tuesday, damage done:booboo:

what is your downfall? - its the booze with me. I am good all week, save my syns for the weekend, but as soon as I partake of the dreaded booze all my resolution goes out of the window. Before I know it it is Monday morning and my weigh in is a Tuesday, damage done:booboo:

Im on Lipotrim, its a total food replacement diet. Unfortunately I have experienced some very unwanted side effects and so from today I have stopped it and will revert back to a low-carb diet.
My downfall on that diet is that I was hungry quite a lot, smells of food were so tempting.
I don't drink - I am allergic to alcohol lol! xx

Both my stepdaughters were on Lipotrim at different times and they both had side effects that would have been better avoided.

The eldest just started eating correctly and really upped her exercise she is smaller now that I have seen her in years. unfortuantly the younger one is still struggling and started SW about 3 weeks ago.
I wish I was allergic to alcohol - and cheese - and crisps - and creamy pasta sauces, life would be a lot easier.

Good luck to you - I hope we keep in touch, I have my weigh in tonight, we will see what happens

Motivation

Hi Karnak

I have had an assessment so they have worked out certain equipment which I can use as I take blood pressure tablets and my back needs more exercise to strengthen it as it can occassionally go on me. I have have joined the body conditioning class where you use a gym ball. I have also bought a dvd which is pilates using a gym ball. It is very good as it is broke down into 10 minute sessions.

Sure you will get there keep up the good work.

Chrissy

Welcome to the forum! good luck on your journey! :)

Good luck to you all and yes my downfall is the booze as well but have been good on it up till last night. Got to be good now for the weekend as it's weigh in day on Monday first thing in the morning ?

Thanks everyone, its fantastic to have all your words of encouragement and friendship.
I have not been on here for a few days,. I changed my Email address without realising that the site would barr me from entering any posts or anything until I had confrmed the change of address from the new address - does that make sense:confused:
I usually post from work so will catch up tomorrow

Back