Hey doing slimming world

Amiramia

hello I'm new to here I'm doing slimming world but can't make it to group through work and having 4 kids so I've joined here to say hello and hope to get a little support and help if needed and hope I can help people out also.

Hi and welcome :) I'm doing SW at home too, being too poor to join a group :( Everyone here is always happy to help and support though. Look forward to seeing you around

Hi and welcome :) I'm doing SW at home too, being too poor to join a group :( Everyone here is always happy to help and support though. Look forward to seeing you around

Lovely to meet you Yes that's another factor to not going cost us a fortune to just step on scales when I we can do that at home. I do miss group though but not the kids running in circles around the room I look forward from hearing off of you too

I keep toying with the idea of joining then I'm like no, I'm not paying to be weighed. But I've reached a stage where I've kinda been following SW but now I really need to actually do it cuz it's not working, mainly because I'm off the wagon more than I'm on! Lol. So as of today, renewed enthusiasm, 10 weeks till holiday!

hello I'm new to here I'm doing slimming world but can't make it to group through work and having 4 kids so I've joined here to say hello and hope to get a little support and help if needed and hope I can help people out also.

I wouldn't be too concerned with not being able to get to a group... it doesn't suit everyone anyway... it didn't suit me... I much prefer weighing at home and I know I'm not the only one.... there is lots of support and information on minis x

I keep toying with the idea of joining then I'm like no, I'm not paying to be weighed. But I've reached a stage where I've kinda been following SW but now I really need to actually do it cuz it's not working, mainly because I'm off the wagon more than I'm on! Lol. So as of today, renewed enthusiasm, 10 weeks till holiday!

Sorry that ill health keeps you limited in what you can get to x but on a brighter note a holiday is a very motivating thing :D where are you going to?

Ahh yes I know that feeling! That's another reason I've joined this forum because sometimes I think ohh just one slice of cake won't hurt but then it turns into a few lol! I'm the same I have holiday in just under 4 weeks then again in 6 weeks just camping with the family but I'm determined to fit back into some jeans

I wouldn't be too concerned with not being able to get to a group... it doesn't suit everyone anyway... it didn't suit me... I much prefer weighing at home and I know I'm not the only one.... there is lots of support and information on minis x
Ahh glad to know I'm not the only one I much prefer weighing at home also! It's not just the money it's the kids walking around and then sitting there for hours waiting for not much to happen. I miss the company of the group as in support and chit chat but not the waiting with the kids or the money lol happy to meet you by the way

Happy to meet you too.... I have to say the group I went to offered very little... I went for 3 months to give it a good go but then I did it solo... minis was a great help and I got much more support here :D

Happy to meet you too.... I have to say the group I went to offered very little... I went for 3 months to give it a good go but then I did it solo... minis was a great help and I got much more support here :D
I know what you mean the group I went to was great and I miss that as I liked listening to their stories and help and then I tried another because of work commitments and they was all very clicky with each other and didn't really talk to me much lol so I'm happy to hear everyone is welcoming here

The one I went to everyone just seemed to come to get weighed and go... and the leader wasn't equally supportive to all the members... and she didn't like the fact that I had managed to lose 38lbs before I joined on my own (because it disproved her claims that "you can't do it on your own") she wanted me to only recognise the weight I was loosing there and forget about the rest lol

Ahh yes one of them lol I know a few groups like that where lots of support is there for others and not a huge amount for some. It's a shame she thinks that you need her or needed her to loose weight though I guess the more you loose with her (and in the long run that's more times you pay her for going) the more money she gets! Lol
At my biggest I was 16st 9 and I'm 5ft 1 and I wen down to 11st 2 before I had the kids then climbed back upto 14st ish .. I'm 13st 5 now so I keep up and downing but trying anyway - the doctor said for me to be "upper end of healthy" I need to weigh 8st 3lbs or something like that and that's upper end - long story short I wouldn't want to be that small lol so I'm just going to try and loose the weight until I feel comfortable and try to work out more often

when I lost the 70lbs I was at 172 and at 5'6" I wasn't in the "healthy" range... but I felt good and was happy with that so I was content to stop there :D

Thanks Sweetie.... I'm a slow looser so it certainly took a while... but you get rewards as you go along so hey :D

I think it's better to loose the weight slower I've heard somewhere I think it was some doctors said something about its easier to keep off in the long run and as it took a while easier not to slip back into old habits because it becomes natural and your routine after a long while

I've heard that too lol

Hi :) I'm a mum of 3 and am doing SW at home too. I decided not to go by the 'healthy' charts either, aren't they a bit ridiculous, there's no way we are all going to fit them, my goal is 11st which is some people's starting weight or more than it! But once I reach it if I feel happy that's all that matters, if not.. well I'll have to keep going until I do lol

Good luck :)

Back