hi all considering starting sw

tsweety81

hi there my names Tracy im 35 year old mum living in cardiff. I am considering starting sw tomorrow but iam just so scared its not going to work for me. I have been counting calories for the last month an dlost 10.5 lb. It was my 12th wedding anniversary last week and have struggled to get back on track as i was eating quite low cals. So basically because of this im really scared that il just end up putting on weight because il be eating alot more. Has anyone gone from eating vlcd to doing sw? I have only veer done another well know diet club which involves counting points which i do find much easier to do but i have heard so many good things about sw and my sister has just started it albeit in a different part of the country so i will be doing this on my own. Please if you have any advice i cant exlpain how low iam feeling about myself and iam desperate to lose weight to try and get my self esteem back. Id love to make new friends so please feel fre to message me. you can find me on instagram under @tsweetysparklegirl xoxo

Hi, I'm feeling a bit low too about dieting, not to mention confused about what I should eat anymore. I've done Low Calorie, Low Carb and Slimming world. And just out of curiosity I've added up the calories on a typical day on SW.. what calories have you been allowing yourself?

Hi Tracy,

Just read your post. I am a newbie both to SW and this site. I joined Slimming World this week as I have reached rock bottom also in regards to my yo yo weight gain | loss over the years and how my mood, personality is affected by my current situation. Now I have registered I feel I am in the driving seat and will beat the food demons once and for all !!! Can't believe how focused I am to do this...so here's hoping. The class bit at the end of SW was so inspiring and definitely placed me in the right head space to get through the week ahead. I paid just one session last week, but signing up on Tuesday for the x 12 week classes just in time for Christmas

Once you decide you will not regret it and having your sister as your wingman you could not be in a better position in my opinion to take the plunge like I did this week .

Ps: The only regret I had was I had not prepped kitchen cupboards | fridge beforehand so was back-pedalling for a few days, have caught up now tho. So if u decide to go for it next week get the SW food shopping beforehand so you will be on plan immediately. The SW online daily food journal is my lifeline at the mo, it is fabulous and keeping me on
track.

Fingers crossed for you whatever option you select xx

Hiya!

I started SW 12 weeks ago and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. My focus, apart from losing weight, was to try and incorporate some control into my eating habits in the hope that it would help set me up for life. It's been absolutely fantastic and I have got so much more out of it than losing weight. Going to group is really inspiring for me and helps me stay in control. I really do look forward to going every week to see how others' are getting on and they are also a massive source of help and confidence if I do struggle or have questions.

That would be my biggest piece of advice to anyone, if you can, go to the classes and stay for group. If you can't, then try and make yourself at home here! There are some many members with amazing advice and stories - this is real life for everyone, so we are all in the same boat with similar goals. There are so many inspirational, knowledgeable people around here, and the challenges are brilliant too - take some time to look at the challenges thread, where everyone sets a short term weight loss/maintain goal and the user running it will keep a spreadsheet and track our progress. It's really inspiring!

Best of luck with what you decide! Personally, I find SW works for me because no foods are restricted, you just learn to control and to make better decisions.

Let us know how you get on and if you decide to stick around! You have done brilliantly to lose 10.5lbs in a month - that's fantastic!

Back