Snack advice (mini vent)

Lizast

Hi all, I’m new to this forum so please be gentle with me!

I joined a SW group at the start of Feb 23, I’m not doing too great and I’ve lost 4lbs so far. The half term week threw me as routine is key for my eating habits. A loss is a loss I know but I feel rubbish. I’m 10st 12 at the moment and 5ft and want to lose 2 stone. My problem is my snacks. My meals are fine I can plan and eat entirely free meals easily but I have no self control with anything sweet so I blow my syns everyday!

I asked my consultant for help and she told me to stay to group, that only there could she give me tips. I get the group is helpful but I don’t have time for it. I get weighed and then shoot off to work, all other groups clash with my kids sports clubs or my swimming which I do for physio. Plus when I stayed for the initial sign up group they were dismissive of people who don’t stay, calling them weigh & go members and that they won’t get their target. I felt that was harsh, before I had kids I was a target member for a year and I didn’t stay for a single meeting. It’s not my thing I don’t like big groups or talking in front of people.

So now I feel quite alone in it all. I desperately want to lose the weight as I just want to feel healthy and lighter but for some reason I can’t stop eating chocolates/biscuits/sweets. I wake up and it’s the first thing I want.

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

Hi @Lizast , I don't know anything about SW but that group sounds tough. I kinda get why the consultant wants you to stay, I mean that's there whole business model. But she should be more supportive than that.Would an online option be available. Re snacking for me it is as simple as just don't have them available, and eat enough at meals to fill up

Being a former SW me.ber several times, as much as I hated the thought of staying extra, the workshop after is very enlightening. I was at a plateau where I couldn't be imaginative with what I was eating, my meals were boring and I desperately tried to cling to my points so I could snack took over my plan at the start. I found I was working my daily meals around so I could have ice cream or wine at night.

I attended my first meeting - it is very long but it was a lot of members sharing their tips to Of what works for them and their shortcuts on how they can get snacks into their plans without denting too many of their points.

Yes it is a pain you need to stay an extra hour but it really did help me at my toughest times times on the plan, staying for a meeting every few weeks can't hurt, and it's nice to be surrounded by others who are in the same situation as you.

As for snacks, I am there too, but I look online for replacements. I follow fitness acc on Instagram who can show you healthier alternatives but sadly dieting isn't easy, if it was, we would all be skinny but i need to have the right mindset, determination and ready to make sacrifices.

For SW snacks, muller yoghurt helped for my sweet tooth, the cake selection was 2pts and did help curb my craving.

I snacked a lot on picked items like Jalapeños and gherkins which helped me wanting sweets.

Wishing you loads of strength through this x

Last edited:
Hi all, I’m new to this forum so please be gentle with me!

I joined a SW group at the start of Feb 23, I’m not doing too great and I’ve lost 4lbs so far. The half term week threw me as routine is key for my eating habits. A loss is a loss I know but I feel rubbish. I’m 10st 12 at the moment and 5ft and want to lose 2 stone. My problem is my snacks. My meals are fine I can plan and eat entirely free meals easily but I have no self control with anything sweet so I blow my syns everyday!

I asked my consultant for help and she told me to stay to group, that only there could she give me tips. I get the group is helpful but I don’t have time for it. I get weighed and then shoot off to work, all other groups clash with my kids sports clubs or my swimming which I do for physio. Plus when I stayed for the initial sign up group they were dismissive of people who don’t stay, calling them weigh & go members and that they won’t get their target. I felt that was harsh, before I had kids I was a target member for a year and I didn’t stay for a single meeting. It’s not my thing I don’t like big groups or talking in front of people.

So now I feel quite alone in it all. I desperately want to lose the weight as I just want to feel healthy and lighter but for some reason I can’t stop eating chocolates/biscuits/sweets. I wake up and it’s the first thing I want.

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.
Hello @Lizast

I also like sweet things
I didn’t think I could do without them
I am also at SW
I would suggest,
Get the cooking SW books
Join SW Facebook groups
I’m sure your club has one

Look at the sweet snack things and prepare some that you can eat in place of the biscuits
I have those sweet cravings
I have a low fat hot chocolate drink with a slimming world bar in the evening

I have increased my fruit intske
I don’t eat tons of it but I
have discovered that apples don’t taste too bad
You can do this
Also use the SW app
There are some nice articles and encouragement on there
I understand about meetings as I was very nervous going to my first one
Of course you can do this on your withou meetings

Check in on here also
I know it’s not very busy but it’s good to read the experiences