Hi all, new member

rosieposie1989

Been on slimming world for 5 weeks and just wanting some support! xx

Hi guys, only just seen these replies... it's taking me a while to get used to this site!! haha.

Thanks for the support! I absolutely love reading everyone's stories. How are you guys all getting on? x

Hi Rosie

I'm on SW too & this s my 3rd week. Today as been a bit funny as I was out & about so didn't eat at my usual times but managed to stay on track. I knew I'd be out over lunch time so popped hi-fi bars in my bag as my HEb. Didn't have lots of veg today but did have loads of super free fruit.

I really like this site as everyone is so encouraging. There have been some fantastic weight losses & although I am a slow loser (thanks to years of dieting & not doing much exercise) it really does inspire me to stick to it. Just wait in anticipation of Friday weigh ins now.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Hi Bobbi,

Eating out or just generally being out and about is the worst thing for dieting.... the amount of times have to convince friends to do something other than meet and go for tea is uncountable!! If i have to eat out I go in search of jacket pots or sushi!! Its frustrating how most things can be made either free or low syns at home but people generally put unnessecary cals in (usually oil).

How much have you lost so far? I'm on my 10th week and lost 1 st 4lb. I have slow losses too but i guess that the slower you lose the healthier it is and less likely to put it on :)

Good luck xx

Hi Rosie

Congrats on your weight loss. Would love to have lost that.

Friday will be my 3rd weigh in so it will be interesting. I only lost 1lb first week & was gutted but pleased to say lost 4.5 lbs last week, so that's 5.5 so far. Would love to shift that 1.5 lb for my half stone but don't think that will happen. :( been good but don't see how I can actually lose on the amount I'm eating (all healthy stuff though).

It's quite handy as I weigh Friday morning & historically we have a take away or go out Friday nights. My son suggested Pizza Hut last week but that was met with a loud no thanks! We ended up going to a Hungry Horse but at least I could eat to plan. Had a beautiful lean plain grilled 5oz rump steak with peas, a mushroom, grilled tomato & jacket pot. The butter came separately so I was able to leave that out.

I'm going to visit my sister this weekend & am really worried about eating as I don't want to be rude or feel I'm putting her out. I guess I'll have to stay as close to plan as possible but if I cant then will just to think well it's only a day & get back on track Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for your support.

Hi Bobbi,

Yeah I tend to be the same with weighing in on friday morning because then if I have anything planned over the weekend I sort of have a good few days to pull it back before I see the extent of the damage!! Didnt weigh in this morning because was at work really early and I forgot. With having sunday and monday off plan I'm dreading it so hoping that leaving it a day late might make a difference!! haha. I'm impressed I have been so good since tuesday, I think its cos I feel so bad about the weekend but we've got to live too.
I reckon if you didnt allow yourself a treat now and again you'd go majorly off the rails anyway. Slow and steady wins the race :)
How did you do at your weigh in yesterday?? hope you were happy with your result! 4.5 lbs is a fantastic weight loss so well done you!! :D sometimes it can take your body a while to adjust so I guess that's what happened with you on your first week. You should be proud of that! Have a great weekend x

Hi Rosie

Well that darned half stone eluded me as I only lost 1lb ! Bit disappointed as I have stuck to the plan but they say doing it right will result in 1-2 lbs loss weekly, so guess I'm on track.:) It's 6.5 lbs off so far so I am pleased with that.

Like all slimmers I just want it to go quickly. There was a guy in class yesterday who lost 10lbs! it was his first week & his mum does all the cooking but thats the sort of loss I want. Ha ha. Fair play to them there are 5 family/partners going & they are all support for each other too.

Anyway off to my first challenge of going away & having no control over what I eat. :)

Hope you have a good weekend. X

Hi getfitanna

Slimming world s a slimming club here in the UK promoting healthy eating using food optimising. You don't have to count calories, weigh or measure your food (only things like cereals & milk etc) or count points, other than these things called syns (which you can use for treats). Basically you eat lots of healthy food, ie meat, veg & fruit. Since I've been doing it I haven't had cheese or drunk alcohol but I could if I wanted but just have to count as some of my syns. I've probably made it sound complicated but it isn't + you should never feel hungry as you can always find something to eat.

I see you aren't going to a club or anything so it will be good having tge support on here.

Good luck with your weight loss. Keep us updated on your loss. :)

Hi Bobbi,

1 lb is still good going. Although I know what it's like to be dissapointed but just think.... better off than on :)
I want stones to disappear overnight but I know it's not gonna happen. I stayed the same when I got weighed this morning :/ but hoping to have lost a lb by the time I go on holiday on weds. I think it's doable :) x

Back