Hi all.

sam7t6

Hello I'm sam and have been doing slimming world for a while but not really lost much so I am going to try calorie counting how many calories do you try to have on a daily basis and have you any tips.

Hello Sam, welcome to the CC board. I'm fairly new to CCing too. I'm using Tesco diets to help me get the hang of it. They keep me to about 1300 calories a day, plus I have milk in tea on top of that. It's great, I can't believe the variety of food I get to eat and still lose weight! This place has been really helpful as well, everyone's very supportive. Good luck with your diet!

hey hey :) Welcome!
I also switched from Slimming world, best piece of advice I can give is just to stick with CC for a few days, work through the hunger of going from All U Can Eat from Slimming World to portion control :)
And get smaller plates haha

I aim for 1500 cals a day, which is plenty for me!

Good luck with it all, keep chatting, these people are really helpful :D x

Heh, my GP said about 'smaller plates', I don't think he has much insight into why people overeat or get fat though - he also said something about concentration camp vitims!!! He is a skinny b******, obviously he thinks it's all so easy. He's otherwise an excellent GP I hasten to add...

Hehe. I think my family's plates are massive though, proper dinner plates... lol.

Confession - I usually eat out of a bowl if I can... I find I have smaller portions... Its funny when the bloke cooks and shouts through "Plate or Bowl day, Jen?" haha

Oh yes, I'm sure smaller plates can work for some people, and let's face it most of the ones you can buy these days are ridiculously huge restaurant-sized things. I think we've got fairly average sized ones, but I try to make sure about half of it is taken up with veggies (*most* of the time...;))

Hi Sam, welcome to CC! There's loads of lovely people on here who will be invaluable to you I'm sure on your weight loss journey. Sadly I'm not going to be posting quite so much now as I reached my goal this week :) and am more into trying to maintain (another battle!!) I may try and lose a few extra pounds though so may be around for another mini challenge! Good luck - it can be done.

Heh, my GP said about 'smaller plates'QUOTE]

Mens health magazine suggested this too; use desert plates. I can sort of see where they're going with it though, a sensible portion on a huge plate just doesn't look like it will fill you up :D We've got two sized plates in the crockery cupboard and I always use the smaller ones now, and I *do* feel satisfied despite a smaller portion size.

Don't forget, dieting is mostly about the headwork. Get that right and off comes the weight. So anything that makes *you* feel better can only be a good thing IMHO.

Thanks all, I have been using a smaller plate and as long as I take my time, really chew my food and drink lots of water with it then yes it does fill me up and I don't feel like I'm missing out on any thing.

Back