hi im also new ere !!

jet1968

RIP dan !
hi all im new ere ,and im not sure wether im in the right frame of mind for dieting ,i started dieting in 2003 lost 3 stone kept it off until 2009 when my eldest son dan fell ill( bone cancer ) but with all the twoing and froing from christies and lastley east lancs hospice ,where my 19 year old son lost his battle and passed away on jan 3rd 2010 its been 6 months since he passed im on various forms of meds ,not happy about the weight ive put back on but really struggling with feelings of guilt and being fat again which i never thought i would be again !!!

can anyone help me with this !!

thanks for reading !!

jet x

Last edited:
firstly, so sorry to hear of your loss, i know that there are people on this forum who have experienced the loss of a loved one.

secondly well done joining a great forum where you can and will get lots of support during your weight loss journey.

Choose the weightloss method that suits you and your lifestyle the best then keep on posting on to let us all know how you get on :)

Good luck, once your heads in the right place you will do great! :)

Debs x

Hi Jet.

Firstly my condolences on the loss of your son. It is something no parent should ever have to endure and I am not surprised that you dont know whether or not you want to be dieting or not. You are grieving.

It might be a good thing for you to do, give you something positive to focus on and work towards, but I think it is very important that you do allow yourself a bit of slack for the fact that you are grieving and that anyone in your situation would feel like their world had been turned on its head and was being repeatedly thrown against a large brick wall.

If you think it would help you to start recovering by doing this, then do it, but only because you want to. Whatever weight you have put back on you can easily lose when you are in a stronger frame of mind, and will find it much easier to do so because you are in a stronger frame of mind.

So if you do intend to start losing a bit of weight, ease yourself into it gently, and dont give yourself a hard time if it doesnt always go to plan. I dont know much about weight watchers, unfortunately, because I do Slimming World, but from what I do know, Slimming World *might* be a better option for you at the moment because of the flexibility it offers.

Only you will know when you are ready to begin this process. Many people turn to food for comfort after such a tragedy, but we all know deep down that no matter what we stuff into what feels like an endless gaping chasm of pain, it will never be filled by the food. The only thing that can begin to help you recover, is grieving when you need to, the passage of time, and little positive steps towards the future.

I wish you well whatever path you choose, but choose it when you are ready, and not before.

(((hugs)))

thankyou northerngurl for ur reply i really want to lose this weight ,hope my mind is gonna help me

thanks jet xx

madamelaminx ,thank you so much for ur reply ,you have hit the nail on the head i am grieving and i will never get over the loss of my dan ,and i do need a bit of somthing to focus on so maybe this is it ,im not to sure wot sw is about can u give me a few pointers .

thanks a lot jet x

Hi and welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your sad loss.

Have you asked your doctor for advice in losing weight especially with you being on medication.

Good luck

Irene xx

Back