Hi!

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself properly before I start posting!

My name's Megan and I'm 30 with two daughters aged 2 and 3. I've struggled with my weight for about 10 years, but especially since 2008 when my first baby was stillborn 3 days before his due date for no apparent reason.

I think it would be fair to say that I have developed some really bad eating habits. I work 3 days a week in an office where there's always cake and biscuits readily available and I used to pick at them when I was bored. I also tend to binge eat, sometimes going until the late afternoon before eating when I'm at home and then bingeing on whatever I can get my hands on when I realise I'm hungry.

My husband and I have decided to start the Slimming World plan together. I did the plan back in 2006 and lost 2 stone for my best friend's wedding, so I know the plan works, but the weight started creeping back again on when I stopped attending. We're not actually going to the meetings as we would struggle to find the time, but are being supported by a friend who is attending a group as well.

Anyway, so I am 5'3" and my starting weight on Monday this week was 16 stone 3lb. It's a massive thing for me to share my weight as I've always found it really embarrassing. I have decided to set myself small targets (7lb before a night out in 2 weeks, a stone and a half by Christmas etc etc) but my goal weight at the moment is 13 stone which is what I weighed when my husband and I bought our first house together 10 years ago.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting some hints and tips for the Slimming World plan.

M xXx

Hi Megan and welcome to minimins. I liked your post for many reasons:
1. You are aware of your situation
2. You know what went wrong (bad eating habits and stop attending)
3. You know you can make it (you've already been there and done that, you know it works)
4. Small targets and a plan
Wish you good luck!

Back