How can i work out syns with healthy extras?

Right so I've just had a tescos light choices prawn mayonnaise sandwich.. Which according to the website is 12.5 syns on extra easy? Nah.
The whole sandwich is 250 calories. Clearly all been counted as junk.. How can I workout a proper syn value? The ingredients are literally bread, prawns and mayo so using me healthy option b I only need to syn up the mayo. Which is probs light but even if I assumed not? Any suggestions?

You could just take off 6 for the HEx B (Bread) and estimate calories in prawns to calculate syns in them or if you think the only synned item is mayo, then just syn that.

Gollywogg said:
Right so I've just had a tescos light choices prawn mayonnaise sandwich.. Which according to the website is 12.5 syns on extra easy? Nah.
The whole sandwich is 250 calories. Clearly all been counted as junk.. How can I workout a proper syn value? The ingredients are literally bread, prawns and mayo so using me healthy option b I only need to syn up the mayo. Which is probs light but even if I assumed not? Any suggestions?

Pre packed sandwiches don't qualify for a free food allowance, however sw do say that if it's definitely wholemeal bread and not brown, then you can deduct 6 syns as your HEb from the total-which means if it is on wm it would be 6.5syns and HEb x

Oh it's not even brown, it's white bread with oats whatever that means! Ha naughty. It's 36% prawns so I should be alright to take away a third of the syns, right? I'll call it about 8.
I aim for near enough zero syns for moments like this so I'm usually alright when I mess up :)

Gollywogg said:
Oh it's not even brown, it's white bread with oats whatever that means! Ha naughty. It's 36% prawns so I should be alright to take away a third of the syns, right? I'll call it about 8.
I aim for near enough zero syns for moments like this so I'm usually alright when I mess up :)

Sadly it doesn't work like that-as both I and someone on the other post you wrote the same, have said prepacked sandwiches DO NOT qualify for a free food allowance, and even if the ingredients are 36% prawn, the calories will not be that easy to work out, as the majority of cals will be from the bread, mayo and butter/spread. The only thing you 'could' deduct would be 6syns if it was wholemeal bread. You should just accept that this is the case and learn from it for the future-and make your own which would be lower in syns. :)

Gollywogg said:

I'm slightly alarmed that you aim for zero Syns as a) 12.5 Syns is within your daily allowance so you haven't messed up, just not made the best choice available and b) you will really struggle long term if you don't eat at least some of them.

Oh not in a massively restrictive way :) I just tend to aim for zero but still allow the syns when I want something, cos its damn near impossible to really know how many syns I'm consuming. Plus I get to feel less guilty about the 3000 syns I probably drank last night :)

Back