How do you make Syn Free Houmous?

emma.and.the.veg

Vegan on Slimming World
Hello!

I know that you can make Syn Free Houmous and have tried following the ingrediants on the SW website. However, they do not give quantities :confused: and I cannot seem to get the flavour right!!

Can anyone tell me how to make this please?

Thank you :)

I make it like this!

1 can of chickpeas, can water reserved
Tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Blend, adding a little of the reserved can water until you get the desired consistency.

Add jalapeños, coriander, chilli - whatever else you fancy!

Nom :)

Thank you so much, I think I was adding too much lemon juice and no reserved water! I will give your recipe a go tomorrow. :)

PS Your food diary is packed full of useful ideas :) It's really helpful as there are no vegetarians at the Club I go to!

Thank you so much, I think I was adding too much lemon juice and no reserved water! I will give your recipe a go tomorrow. :)

PS Your food diary is packed full of useful ideas :) It's really helpful as there are no vegetarians at the Club I go to!

Ah thank you x Hope it helps - I love cooking crazy new things. :)

I got the hummus recipe from a book called Appetite for Reduction which is a vegan low fat cook book and full of SW friendly recipes. I would definitely recommend it!

Ah thank you x Hope it helps - I love cooking crazy new things. :)

I got the hummus recipe from a book called Appetite for Reduction which is a vegan low fat cook book and full of SW friendly recipes. I would definitely recommend it!

Ooh thank you, I will have a look for that book :)

Mmmmmm....i love houmous. Got everything in to make it apart from lemon for the juice. Must buy one today. Nom nom :)

Back