How many syns allowed?

it dont go on height and weight your allowed 5-15 today its your choice how many you chose to have, if your starting off i'd use 10-15 that way in few months or whatever if your weight loss slows down you can down your syns to 5-10 to get a boost!

in my experience it as made no difference at all though as last week i used at least 10 a day mainly 15 and i still lost 4lb!

but whatever you do don't think not having any will make you lose weight quicker as it don't,

Great thanks! Im stıll confused and thınk ıt really mıght be worth me joınıng onlıne so I can get my head round thıngs.

Ive had 28g of cereal wıth mılk today (so ım countıng that as free wıth HEA)

Hubby has a hotel so a lot of my meals are eaten there so ıf I had spag bol for lunch what would I count the bolognaıse as? As I understand the spaghettı ıs free but I need to syn the sauce?

I really think it would be worth your while going along to a class even if it's only for one week. That way you would get the books, an explanation from the consultant and a password for the website that would allow you to look up the syn values for all your favourite foods.

Online membership is very expensive and the majority of people seem to think it's not worth the money and that you get more support from being a member here.

To answer your questions though. What cereal did you have? There are no syn free cereals but some high fibre options can be used as a HEB choice. If you are doing Extra Easy you should try and have one third of each meal as superfree foods which are basically fruit or veg excluding potatoes, parsnips, peas and sweetcorn. So some fruit with your breakkie would be fine.

For lunch pasta is free as long as it is dried, fresh pasta has a syn value. Syns for the sauce depend on what is in it. Only extra lean mince is syn free so any other mince would have some syns, albeit small on EE. Chopped tomatoes are syn free as are dried herbs and spices but any oil or tomato puree would need synned. Again you would need to have your one third superfree foods - tomatoes would count towards it but maybe also put some mushrooms and other veggies in it.

I really think it would be worth your while going along to a class even if it's only for one week. That way you would get the books, an explanation from the consultant and a password for the website that would allow you to look up the syn values for all your favourite foods.

Online membership is very expensive and the majority of people seem to think it's not worth the money and that you get more support from being a member here.

To answer your questions though. What cereal did you have? There are no syn free cereals but some high fibre options can be used as a HEB choice. If you are doing Extra Easy you should try and have one third of each meal as superfree foods which are basically fruit or veg excluding potatoes, parsnips, peas and sweetcorn. So some fruit with your breakkie would be fine.

For lunch pasta is free as long as it is dried, fresh pasta has a syn value. Syns for the sauce depend on what is in it. Only extra lean mince is syn free so any other mince would have some syns, albeit small on EE. Chopped tomatoes are syn free as are dried herbs and spices but any oil or tomato puree would need synned. Again you would need to have your one third superfree foods - tomatoes would count towards it but maybe also put some mushrooms and other veggies in it.

Thank you - some great ınfo there! I am ın Turkey so classes not an optıon for me:eek:

Another option is eBay - people sell books
on there or maybe a nice member on here who has joined more than once might let you have one of theirs if you pay postage - sorry I'm a newbie so only have the one. Good Luck with your journey x

True but the prices on Ebay can verge on the ridiculous - very overinflated and you need to be very careful what you bid on as I've seen people end up with out of date books or even the food optimising recipe book rather than the food optimising starter pack. There is a special offer on SW membership at the moment so it would work out a lot cheaper than buying online and imho the consultant introduction is priceless ;)

I think that you'll get alot out of joining online!

as for you spagetti bolognese at hotel, you will have to ask chef/waitress what they use to cook it in, if they use extra lean mince and how they make there sauce etc to find out the correct amount of syns for the meal x

As your in Turkey I guess its either online or as some one mentioned getting some up to date books from someone - even getting them on ebay may work out cheaper than the rather offensive online membership!

Back