How much weight is a dress size?

needwillpower

Hi All

I am nearly at end of week two and was wondering how much weight, approximately, you need to lose to drop a dress size....any ideas?

My c says its about 10lbs, but everyone is different. For me it was exactly that, others say it wasnt. I suppose its just an approximation.

At my heaviest I was in size 14 jeans & Im now in size 10's & I've lost 2 stone 4lbs, so for me its roughly 1 stone per size.

I think that first dress size can be harder to drop , if you are like me and squeezed / stretched the last size way beyond its true size !. I have lost 2st 3.5 lb and am only down 1 size really .........although waist wise size 18s are very very lose its just comfortable on the hips .... I would have said 1 stone per size normally

I think that first dress size can be harder to drop , if you are like me and squeezed / stretched the last size way beyond its true size !. I have lost 2st 3.5 lb and am only down 1 size really .........although waist wise size 18s are very very lose its just comfortable on the hips .... I would have said 1 stone per size normally

You are so right - I was probably a size bigger than I admitted. Clothes are looser - have lost 9 lbs so far but probably now in the right size. So just another stone before I see much I guess

Well I'v dropped a dress size after losing 8 and a half lbs. But then size 16 was very loose on me when I started so I was probably close to a 14 anyway. Evryone is different I suppose

I have lost nearly four and a half stone and have dropped 3 sizes but I was hardly fitting into my clothes at the start so have probably dropped four sizes. I think I drop about a size per stone

Lost 2.5lbs under 2st and gone from a 16 to a 12/10 cant wait to wear my holiday clothes now. Yipeeeeeeeee

I am glad it is not just me as I have lost 1 1/2 stones but have only really gone down 1 size but it was me not buying the next size up and squeezing my self into a 20. Role on size 16 next.:flirt2:

Lost 2.5lbs under 2st and gone from a 16 to a 12/10 cant wait to wear my holiday clothes now. Yipeeeeeeeee

wow - well done. Maybe that will be one day...

for me its 2 STONE per dress size :( I'm an 18/20 now, to get to a 12/14 I have to lose 6 stone!

One week at a time and you'll get there. Just picture being able to go in and buy that size 12/14.

I am interested to see how this works out for me, so far I have:

Start: 43.5 (20) 36.0 (18) 46.0 (20) BMI 32.4 Obese *
0.5 st: 43 (18) 36.0 (18) 44.5 (18) BMI 31.3 Obese
1.0 st: 42 (18) 36.0 (18) 43.5 (18) BMI 30.2 Obese
1.5 st: 42 (18) 36.0 (18) 42.75 (16) BMI 29.1 Overweight

*at my heaviest I was 9 lbs heavier than this but I have no stats. I just wore 'big' sz 18 clothes - I have never bought a sz 20 even though I clearly was that size.

I am 5'5.75'' so I round that to 5'6'' for BMI purposes.

When I was 137 lbs - BMI 22.5 - I was a size 8-10 waist and size 12 bust and hips.

It varies on lots of factors...like how tall you are. I have lost 4 stone so far and gone from a 30 to an 18.

Wow - you should be so proud of yourself. Thats great

I have lost nearly 5.5 st and have gone from a 34 bottoms and 28 top to a 24 bottoms and a 22 top

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I know this thread has been quiet for 8 months but incase anyone still looks at it (like me!) in my experience if you are very heavy - 18stone in my case - you need to loose more at the begining to drop a dress size than you do later.

I think this is because I had a lot of fat on my arms, legs and face which came off faster than the stuff around my belly.

Unfortunately I put it all back on :sigh: but now I'm back on track at least I know what to expect this time!

Can't wait to drop a dress size, three weeks in and i've lost 10lbs. Wearing a size 16 at the minute, which i find depressing at only 5ft 1. So far no noticable difference but i'm hoping to be a size 12 by my 30th birthday in May! From the previous posts i'd say i need to lose at least another 2 stone... Can it be done????

Back