How to do slimming world from home?

Smirky

Gold Member
Hi I have always done weight watchers or calorie counting but now fancy trying slimming world I always like a change I've lost 5 stone in the past then had my little boy and put it all back on typical I've lots 1 and a half stone so far but want to try something new to kick start me but I haven't a clue how slimming world works or what you have to do? Can anyone explain it? And am I able to do it from home? Many thanks!

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

You could join as an online member but to be honest your best bet would be to go along to group, get the books and the consultant introduction. Sw is so different to WW some people really struggle at first with the freedom of eating without weighing and measuring. So give yourself the best start rather than try and get by on limited info. BUt check out the thread for newbies in the sticky section above for a basic rundown of how it work :)

ive had a look at that thread but still havent a clue what your meant to do, i get red/green and extra easy but what does that mean? i use to just knowing i have so many points a day and then pointing my food ! ha i dont get how you work out what your allowed to eat on SW ? thank you for your time and reply i appreciate it

As said before the best thing you can do if you dont want to attend a class is to join and go once - get the plan explained in the new member talk and get all of the literature. You dont have to go again if you dont want to. You'll find it really hard without having it explained properly and having the books. Even though its the easiest healthy eating plan in the world its still something you have to get your head around. It took me about 6 months to get points out of my head and I went to sw classes! But the food freedom is so worth it

Yes, definitely good advice from Jeanette and Patchwork Puss. I've done both (currently doing it from home) but wouldn't have understood it properly without, at least, an initial explanation from a consultant, and the books, of course. The support and ideas from this group is totally amazing too! Wish I'd known about it years ago. Good luck with whatever you decide on, Smirky. You definitely won't regret doing SW, once you can get your head round it! :D

Kathy x

Back