I’m back again for the third time

Thanks Susie. Glad I could help lol. I find they work well for cravings. Have a good day too x

So yesterday ended up being a write off. Had a terrible health day and needed extra medication which makes me very hungry and out of it. Still feeling pretty awful but I’ll try and stay off the extra meds today if I can. I definitely have a different mindset now as before I would of thought that’s it, I’ve ruined it now, felt bad about myself and stopped coming on here. Today just feels like a new day and giving up isn’t in my mind at all. When doing the cambridge diet it was so strict and I done so well on it that when I needed to diet again I thought I needed to be just as strict to get anywhere, but now I know that that’s irrational and unhealthy. Things happen, people have ups and downs and that’s normal. I just need to be honest with myself and on here. Now I know that this isn’t just a platform for me just to show off weight loss and achievements like before but a place to be honest when I fall and get support when it’s needed. I know it’s going to take time and it won’t be a straight line of losses but I’m ok with that and I know I’ll get to my target at some point.

Charlotte x

So sorry to hear yesterday was a bad one healthwise for you - but as you say, there will be ups and downs - it's about managing them as best as possible - and it sounds like you have that nailed.

In the past I was a shocker for having a bad day and going completely off plan for weeks/months because of it - the key is to just draw a line under it and get straight back on plan the next day. You can do this hun! xx

Hello!
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. I love your new attitude though! Like Susie, in the past I have used one bad day as an excuse to just keep going on the downward spiral. Being honest with yourself is the most important thing. We are here to listen, but the best way to do this journey is be true to yourself. I hope you've had a better day today xx

Thanks guys. Still feeling pretty bad but at least my food has been much better. Needed something that I could just stick in the oven and not have to really think about today so not what I really want to be eating but I’m not disappointed. I’ll be adding more greens once I’ve had my shopping delivered.

L- coffee
D- gluten free fish fingers, salad and olives
S- options hot chocolate

Hi Charlotte

Just had a catch up of your diary here. Sorry to hear your health is suffering at the moment, I hope that it gets better soon. its great that we do have a place to be honest here and keep on being motivated, because this is such a hard journey. The line has been drawn, hope today is a great day xx

I had a terrible night. Feel awful. I’ll need to eat when I feel I need the energy so I’m not focused on my food today. I hope I feel well enough to go for my kidney ultrasound tomorrow. If I go quiet it’s due to my health x

I had a terrible night. Feel awful. I’ll need to eat when I feel I need the energy so I’m not focused on my food today. I hope I feel well enough to go for my kidney ultrasound tomorrow. If I go quiet it’s due to my health x

Ah hun, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hope you are feeling better today. Look after yourself xx

Just a quick update. Im really, really struggling with my health. I can’t follow any type of diet at the moment, it’s just pure survival mode and I have to eat when I need the energy and I’m not well enough to always cook. Sometimes I have to survive on just snacking throughout the day, which really adds up quite quickly. I wasn’t well enough to measure on Wednesday so hopefully I will be next week, if not then I’ll aim for the week after. I’ve not given up, I just need to do what’s best for my health and pick back up when I can. I’m just trying to get through the days at the moment.

Hope all are well. Take care x

So sorry to hear bad health is giving you a battering right now Charlotte, and you are right not to worry about anything else but eating whatever, when you can. Get better soon, love.

Thank you guys. I’m finally just about well enough to get back on track. I can’t believe that I’ve only gained 2 inches! Before if I’ve had a bad week or two I have gained a massive amount in inches. I’ll be trying to have easy to cook meals so it won’t be a great menu but now I’m well enough to be on here I want to be accountable.

I have a chronic illness so my health is always bad but with this new kidney issue it’s been almost unbearable. I’ve had an ultrasound and that came back ok. A nurse came round to do some blood tests yesterday and she couldn’t find a vein! Now I have to wait until Friday when ‘someone who does back of hand’ can come round. I was surprised that a nurse who goes round to peoples houses to draw blood would only try the crease in the arm. I have a CT scan in a couple of weeks but I’m nervous about the radiation.

Hope you’re all well x

Ditto what Little Miss says, your health is the main focus here so let's hope the scan shows what's going on. We get exposure to radiation in our everyday lives, and I know there are strict guidelines on how it's used, etc.

I'm surprised too that the nurse couldn't do the back of hand thing, seems an inefficient use of everyone's time!

Feel better and big hugs xx

Yeah, my health is number one. This diary will be boring as I’m housebound and don’t really do much. All I can really do is watch tv. Lots of Netflix lol. Yesterday went ok.

B- coffee
D- fish in parsley sauce and loads of broccoli, cauliflower and peas
S- gluten free, lower sugar ginger biscuits

Annoyingly I had a bad night last night. I’m sleep deprived and feel really rough. I’ve had to take those tablets that make me out of it but at least I feel a bit better. Today won’t be a good day but I need to try stay on here daily to keep me focused. Even if I just write about what I’ve been watching on tv lol.

Thanks for the warm wishes x

Everyone's lives are interesting to others Charlotte - and you're part of the sisterhood here!

This is your diary so write ans often or as little about anything you like - I know I do :D.

Hope you feel better soon, and manage to get some quality sleep xx

I had a much better night last night and for the first time I can remember I fell asleep without watching something! Yesterday was a write off. Today should be much better. I’ve learnt not to be too hard on myself. The nurse that came today was great. She took the blood from a big vein I have in my forearm like the nurse at the blood test walk-in place. Hopefully I’ll get some answers from it. I finished the second season of Goliath today, its a good watch. I watched Ozark in just a couple of days lol. It was really good. I’m also currently watching How to get away with murder and I fall asleep to Desparate housewives. Oh and Life in pieces is really funny, I’m on the second series of that. There are some more I’m watching too, I just can’t remember them all. Today I’m planning on having lamb and apricot burgers and salad with a tiny bit of feta. I’ve also got some fruit and natural yogurt if I fancy something sweet.

Hope everyone’s getting on alright in this heat x

Back