I can not believe this !!!

fillymum

synful soul
I receive a Spanish newspaper on line this morning. It is in English and for the expat community who want to keep up with Spanish news but always have world news as well.

When I saw this I could not believe my eyes.........

RyanAir boss Michael O'Leary has now expressed the opinion that co-pilots are not needed on shirt-haul flights and has apparently requested the aviation authorities to allow the airline to operate with one pilot. Mr O'Leary has been considering creating standing seats on flights as well as charging passengers to use the onboard toilet facilities, but added that this new idea could save the airline industry a very considerable amount of money, as his idea now is that co-pilots would only be used on long-haul flights. However, a spokesman for the Pilots Association on British Airways has termed the proposal Unsafe and horrifying for passengers

The man is so money motivated that he has no consideration for the lives and safety either of his crews or his passengers.

I would rather walk than put money in his pocket.

oh my god, the man is a joke!!!

He is. I do not for one minute think he will get away with this one does he think pilots are only taken ill on long haul flights ???

He is a chancer, a rich one but a chancer never the less.

I so agree - what an idiot! He'll be strapping passengers to the wings next!

LOL !!! Don't say it to loud he might hear you !!!

Unbelievable, I used to use Ryanair to fly to Ireland but don't now as charge for bags, push chair etc I'd rather use 'sleasy jet' as works out cheaper and r really helpful when u have little ones.

He's such a money grabber..

I dont think he will have a cat in hells chance of getting this past the Civil Aviation Authority. It is subject to their approval anyway. It simply is not safe.

Unbelievable, I used to use Ryanair to fly to Ireland but don't now as charge for bags, push chair etc I'd rather use 'sleasy jet' as works out cheaper and r really helpful when u have little ones.

He's such a money grabber..

His cheap flight are anything but unless you just touch lucky for one of the 11p ones and can travel without baggage, not easy with a babe.

My sis. uses him as he is the carrier flying out of Newquay to Alicante. She is looking at options from Exeter because of his awful policies. Policies that only benefit him.

Give me Monarch any day !!

I think the word TOSSER! springs to mind.

But with all these little 'add ons' you need to pay for it's not going to be a cheap option to fly with Ryan air, & people will chose to fly with other airlines who offer a better service at less cost.

Personally when going short distances I use Ryan air or easyjet as they are the cheapest. You definately get what you pay for;)

Ack! I find it hard enough to get on planes as it is. Let alone if there was only 1 pilot. That's insane, and stupid!

I also find it hard to believe that we have to pay to check in !!!! How can you book a flight and fly without checking in.........it is beyond me. You are saving the airline money by checking in on line therefore saving them money by printing of your own boarding authority with your ink on your paper and woe betide you if you forget and have to check in at a check in desk duh................ and they charge you some extortionate fee.

Back