I joined today!

Tea&Sympathy

Hello!
I joined today as I found a few answers to the questions I’d been asking Google on this site and decided to join! This looks like an informative and friendly site, so I thought I’d give it a go! I’ve got over 7 stone to lose. I lost just under 3 stone in the past few years, not really trying, but I’m fed up of being fat and everything that goes with that. I read a post here from a person who said they are so happy that they no longer feel controlled by food. That was so powerful to me, as I feel that I am addicted to food! I think about food all the time! I don’t drink or smoke, but food is like crack to me! I go on binges and feel disgusted with myself. I’m trying to be free of my addiction to food. Does anyone else feel like this?

Hi and welcome to MiniMins :)
I know what you mean about it after all food is a drug to us. It we release dopamine if we have something that makes us feel good. Even though we know we shouldn’t but the only thing that hands down makes us feel better at the time is that rush from eating and eating constantly.

you will find that a lot of the cravings you have will start to numb down the longer you become more strict with yourself.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have anything nice anymore. You just got to have control over your vices.
everything in within reason moderation is key to a balanced diet.
Just know that although it feels like there is a lot of weight to lose, It’s much much easier to focus on little goals to set for yourself.
Because it’s the little goals that make it easier to follow and stay true to yourself. And not to be disheartened from the journey ahead of you.

because before you know it, little by little it all adds up :D and to think week by week you will start to look and feel different. And hitting your little targets and goals will feel amazing knowing you are on the right path to a healthier happier you.

Even if time’s get hard it’s okay
You can vent about it nobody is going to judge
We are all in this together and we do help one another. X

You could set up a wee diary of your own I know that helps me and others stay motivated 🤗

Welcome.
And well done on taking positive steps.
I joined at the end of January having lurked for a little while. I started my weight loss journey (I refuse to call it a diet) on 6th January and I am determined this time to succeed. I want to lose around 10 stone in total. I’ve set myself a goal to lose 6 stone by Christmas which works out at 7lbs a month which sounds and feels more achievable.
For me I have found planning everything and writing it all down really helps. I don’t deprive myself of anything, but I try and work it in some way into my plan for the day. I promised myself when I started that if I have a day where I fall off the wagon a bit, I won’t let it derail me. I will draw a line under it and get back on plan. Psychologically that has helped me loads but hasn’t really happened in a big way. I’ve lost nearly 2 1/2 stone (fingers crossed for today’s weigh in) and I can honestly say I am enjoying my food at the same time as re-educating my brain (and stomach) on food and portion sizes.
I have found great support on here & that helps massively.
Good luck to you

I know what you mean about it after all food is a drug to us. It we release dopamine if we have something that makes us feel good. Even though we know we shouldn’t but the only thing that hands down makes us feel better at the time is that rush from eating and eating constantly.

you will find that a lot of the cravings you have will start to numb down the longer you become more strict with yourself.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have anything nice anymore. You just got to have control over your vices.
Just know that although it feels like there is a lot of weight to lose, It’s much much easier to focus on little goals to set for yourself.
Because it’s the little goals that make it easier to follow and stay true to yourself. And not to be disheartened from the journey ahead of you.

because before you know it, little by little it all adds up :D and to think week by week you will start to look and feel different. And hitting your little targets and goals will feel amazing knowing you are on the right path to a healthier happier you.

You could set up a wee diary of your own I know that helps me and others stay motivated 🤗

Thank you for your kind and encouraging welcome 😊

I think the hardest thing about losing weight is that element of control. I can control myself in every situation apart from situations that involve food. For example, alcoholics can avoid situations where they might drink and can abstain from drinking, but I think an addiction to food is the hardest addiction to overcome because we cannot abstain from eating, because we have to eat, whereas we can avoid other substances and still survive. We have to go to the supermarket - it would be like telling an alcoholic they must go to the pub every week, but they can only drink lemonade - that’s how it feels going to the supermarket once a week! I can avoid restaurants, but I have to go to the supermarket and try to control myself.

I am trying to find that will power! I know it’s possible because there are so many people on here doing that every day. I’m so inspired when I see people overcoming the control food has over them! I’m going to keep coming here for help and inspiration.

Thank you for welcoming me. I wish you all the best on your journey too! 🤗

Thank you so much for your good advice. I agree that it’s all about those little steps each and every day that add up to big changes in time. I think I need to stop being critical of myself when I have moments of weakness. It’s like I just lose control and totally fall of the wagon, feel disgusted with myself and then the whole cycle just repeats itself. I want to break that cycle.

I think you’re right about a diary or blog... I think that’s something I should focus on to keep myself on track and I think it would be good for myself to chart my progress to be able to see my journey and progress.

Thank you for a warm welcome, encouragement and inspiration! I’m wishing you the very best on your journey also 🤗

Back