I just signed up for an organic delivery box service!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
And I'm so excited lol! I ordered a large vegetable box and a fruit box! I'm getting my first box on Tuesday and I'll be getting;

new potatoes
bunched carrots
bunched onions
salad pack
butternut squash
pointed cabbage
vine tomatoes
mushrooms
swiss chard
cucumber
calabrese broccoli
fennel

And for fruit, I'm getting;
cripps pink apple
galia melon
bananas
bosc pears
cherries

The boxes are each for 4 people and there's just my husband and I lol. I'm sure we'll go through the lot! I'll be getting boxes like this every fortnight. It's so exciting getting yummy fresh organic veggies! Will update and post a pic when they arrive!

Oh I got them from Riverford organic veg farm :D

I get a large organic fruit and veg box every two weeks from a local company and find I still have to shop for extra fruit within that time, although it's always exciting to see what unexpected goodies they put in, apart from the basics!

Be warned!!! They don't wash anything so you need to give all of it a good scrub before eating and cooking. I thought Spinach tasted of dirt at first as I didn't realise it needed washing before i cooked it!! Put me of eating it for years :)

I loved getting my weekly veg boxes, I got mine from Abel and Cole, but they worked out too expensive in the end. I'll have to have a look at Riverford.

I loved my veg delivery every week but we ran up a huge bill as we didn't realise they weren't taking any money from us! So we have cancelled it for now and are trying to clear the balance. It was only £7 a week but we have 4 months worth to pay for now :(

We got potatoes and onions every week, plus 4/5 other items that were different each week. We sometimes got a mystery veg which was exciting, except for the time I boiled the hell out of a bunch of herbs because I had no idea what they were, I thought it was spinach! :eek:

evilpenguin said:
I loved my veg delivery every week but we ran up a huge bill as we didn't realise they weren't taking any money from us! So we have cancelled it for now and are trying to clear the balance. It was only £7 a week but we have 4 months worth to pay for now :(

We got potatoes and onions every week, plus 4/5 other items that were different each week. We sometimes got a mystery veg which was exciting, except for the time I boiled the hell out of a bunch of herbs because I had no idea what they were, I thought it was spinach! :eek:

Haha about the herbs! Ours in £19 they are pricey but I prb spend more fanning about in tesco :/

Back