Extra Easy I maintained this week and I felt I put 100% in!

Ms Salty

Could someone who might know more about the slimming world plan read through my weekly food diary and explain if I have done something wrong? I maintained this week and I feel like after putting everything into the week I’m super disappointed and feel like giving up!

Attachments

• 308E6D34-A1D2-4492-8AA2-54C02A7A1AFD.png
    308E6D34-A1D2-4492-8AA2-54C02A7A1AFD.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2EDFAD4B-FE7D-4A14-BF39-E0735E1C9EEE.png
    2EDFAD4B-FE7D-4A14-BF39-E0735E1C9EEE.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DE3AA32B-3FC9-418F-BBC0-3767EE763809.png
    DE3AA32B-3FC9-418F-BBC0-3767EE763809.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 31
  • EFF6CF5C-A53A-44D1-8805-CAD53507530C.png
    EFF6CF5C-A53A-44D1-8805-CAD53507530C.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 409DB45D-2AD8-4471-956A-0D14DC4F131E.png
    409DB45D-2AD8-4471-956A-0D14DC4F131E.png
    442 KB · Views: 22
  • 551AE678-6BBC-4B20-A113-69B90A3DAFBB.png
    551AE678-6BBC-4B20-A113-69B90A3DAFBB.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 21
Hi Ms Salty, the only thing that looks slightly off on there different to what I've been told to do is the lack of speed food. I was advised to try and fill 1/3 of my plate with the free speed food and my losses have often been significantly better when I've stuck to this rule.

I've got a feeling the low fat super noodles are 2 syns per pack as well.

I would also suggest trying a new breakfast, I was told that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day on the route to weight loss. I have some fruit and 0% natural fat yoghurt every morning (free breakfast so no reason you couldn't still have your skinny latte). Apparently it boosts your metabolism (not significantly but some!) and it also should see you not wanting the sweet treats as much throughout the day.

Hi Ms Salty, the only thing that looks slightly off on there different to what I've been told to do is the lack of speed food. I was advised to try and fill 1/3 of my plate with the free speed food and my losses have often been significantly better when I've stuck to this rule.

I've got a feeling the low fat super noodles are 2 syns per pack as well.

I would also suggest trying a new breakfast, I was told that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day on the route to weight loss. I have some fruit and 0% natural fat yoghurt every morning (free breakfast so no reason you couldn't still have your skinny latte). Apparently it boosts your metabolism (not significantly but some!) and it also should see you not wanting the sweet treats as much throughout the day.

I had thought that. I have been having frozen diced onion and peppers (sometimes with broccoli depending on the meal) with my meals that I cook like with my lasagne, all the veg on the side is speed. I’m very picky with certain veg, so when I’m following the slimming world recipes online, the veg they have in it ie. mushrooms and tomatoes or beans, I can’t stand them. I’ve stopped eating peas and sweet corn since I know they’re not a speed food. Any suggestions on getting speed food into me when I’m picky about the veg? Thank you for replying also!

Last edited:
I had thought that. I have been having frozen diced onion and peppers (sometimes with broccoli depending on the meal) with my meals that I cook like with my lasagne, all the veg on the side is speed. I’m very picky with certain veg, so when I’m following the slimming world recipes online, the veg they have in it ie. mushrooms and tomatoes or beans, I can’t stand them. I’ve stopped eating peas and sweet corn since I know they’re not a speed food. Any suggestions on getting speed food into me when I’m picky about the veg? Thank you for replying also! 💕

I can't really comment on the slimming world meals online. I've got to be honest, I made a few of them and found them a lot of effort for very little reward! Spend an hour or so preparing and making something which never turned out as nice as I had hoped in my head, maybe I'm just crap at cooking!

Before I joined SW I was very picky with veg, now I've been mixing it up a bit and eating things I never would before. I still have the peas and sweetcorn as I like the flavour and I add into it chopped carrot and courgette (never liked courgette!) and have them mixed up for the small bits of veg and top them up generally with a mixture of any of brocolli, cauliflower, greens, leeks, cabbage and sprouts. I then coat them in vinegar to help me out!

Pretty much every meal I have now is potato wedges (potato cut into 6 or 8 wedges depending on size, boiled for 5 mines, drained, fry light on top followed by a lot of pepper and baked for 30mins @ 200c) with meat (often slimming world burgers, SW sausages, chicken breast in schwartz powder) and half a plate minimum of the mixed veg. Very filling so I'm no longer snacking after the meal like I used to.

I do make the odd chili con carne or fajitas and I tend to do the mix of speed veg above in a side bowl and serve them up with cauliflower rice.

My evening meal routine will seem very boring to most I think, it just works well for me at the moment and not getting bored of it yet. The best thing about it for me is the ease of making it, the veg takes 20mins or so on the hob and is done whilst the rest is cooking in the oven.

How are you with casseroles? Mixing the veg in the gravy and having it slow cook all day soaks up the flavour of the liquid and makes it nicer to eat?

I can't really comment on the slimming world meals online. I've got to be honest, I made a few of them and found them a lot of effort for very little reward! Spend an hour or so preparing and making something which never turned out as nice as I had hoped in my head, maybe I'm just crap at cooking!

Before I joined SW I was very picky with veg, now I've been mixing it up a bit and eating things I never would before. I still have the peas and sweetcorn as I like the flavour and I add into it chopped carrot and courgette (never liked courgette!) and have them mixed up for the small bits of veg and top them up generally with a mixture of any of brocolli, cauliflower, greens, leeks, cabbage and sprouts. I then coat them in vinegar to help me out!

Pretty much every meal I have now is potato wedges (potato cut into 6 or 8 wedges depending on size, boiled for 5 mines, drained, fry light on top followed by a lot of pepper and baked for 30mins @ 200c) with meat (often slimming world burgers, SW sausages, chicken breast in schwartz powder) and half a plate minimum of the mixed veg. Very filling so I'm no longer snacking after the meal like I used to.

I do make the odd chili con carne or fajitas and I tend to do the mix of speed veg above in a side bowl and serve them up with cauliflower rice.

My evening meal routine will seem very boring to most I think, it just works well for me at the moment and not getting bored of it yet. The best thing about it for me is the ease of making it, the veg takes 20mins or so on the hob and is done whilst the rest is cooking in the oven.

How are you with casseroles? Mixing the veg in the gravy and having it slow cook all day soaks up the flavour of the liquid and makes it nicer to eat?

One thing I couldn’t stand as a kid and still can’t today is casseroles! I’ll try do the wedges, meat and veg this week. Thank you!

My wife is the same with casseroles!

Fajita's etc are nice and easy. Sliced chicken coated in schwartz powder with peppers, onions and sweetcorn fried in fry light and then served up with cauliflower rice (not quite fajitas as I used to have with the wraps, soured cream, cheese etc but a reasonable alternative on the diet!).

Chili con carne and bolognese are pretty simple too. Brown some mince in a frying pan with fry light then drain it. In a slow cooker or a casserole dish a tin of tomatoes (speed food!) and any seasonings you want, I go for onion, garlic, chili powder, bovril and pepper. Let it cook on low for a few hours and serve up with cauliflower rice or pasta or whatever you fancy that's free. I like making these as I can put it on at lunch time or before work and let it go throughout the day with little mess in the evening. Oh and I tend to get babybels for my healthy extra, 3 x babybel light are allowed so I grate one on top of this. I rarely eat them as snacks now though but keep the healthy extra free in case I fancy some.

Back