I still can't believe it LOL

Yasmine

One last chance
Hi everyone, I commented on this SW section before for some advice. And I would love to have some help.

I'm a former SW dieter, I lost a nice stone before but then left and gained everything back. 4 years later I have done a TFR (VLCD) diet and have gone form 15st 10lbs to 10st 10lbs.

I came across my old SW booklet and reading again after so long, I couldn't beleive that it says you can eat as many spuds as you want, stack large plates with rice and pasta and bloody hell it just confused me! :eek: How on earth did I lose weight when eating this much!? even now I still don't know how it's possible.

I've had an issue with maintaining my losses more than actually losing weight, as dieters usually do. I know that when I have finished my diet programme, go through the refeeding process, when it comes to maintaining, I feel a little lost. What do I do now? I have to now enter the world of eating again.

So I figured, why don't I try SW again? I mean if I can eat lots of rice and even have second helpings, and it's a FREE FOOD! (gotta love reading that when it comes to carbs LOL! :8855:) then this could be the way for me.

Of course my body will defintely react differently, I may have a gain but I'm sure following the plan it should come straight off.

I would love you guys to clear up the atmosphere for me, how can I lose weight from eating so much and how this would affect a VLCD dieter trying to maintain their weight?

Is SW ok for maintaining weight?

I plan to follow SW at home if that's ok, I might go back to the classes, but I don't think they take in people with a BMI under 25.

Thanks and I wish you all the very best in your weight loss journey's. It only gets better, I promise ;)

How on earth did I lose weight when eating this much!? even now I still don't know how it's possible.

SW works on calories in vs calories out, as do all diets that reduce weight. Yes, you can have as much of certain carby foods as you like, but most people don't overeat them unless they have fat or protein with them. Carbs alone are rarely a trigger. So, people tend to enjoy the idea of freedom of these free foods, but never actually want too many of them because of the lack of fats to go with them, so take in less calories.

So I figured, why don't I try SW again? I mean if I can eat lots of rice and even have second helpings, and it's a FREE FOOD! (gotta love reading that when it comes to carbs LOL! :8855:) then this could be the way for me.

It could well be. Though personally, I didn't want to do a 'diet' in the traditional sense, we are all different and this might just be the way forward for you Yasmine :)

how can I lose weight from eating so much and how this would affect a VLCD dieter trying to maintain their weight?

Once your glycogen is fully restored (which might not happen completely during refeed), you could gain some water weight, even feel a bit bloated which could panic you. As long as you remember that it's just water, and that you still shouldn't go crazy because of the cals in vs cals out, then you should be fine. You might be better starting on red days though until your body gets used to more calories.

SW has changed since you did it last. they introduced a new plan just after Christmas last year called Extra Easy. On the plan you have one HeA & 1 HeB but can have as much free food as you want from the original and the green plans in one meal.

There is an entry further up ^^^^ explaining it in better detail. I'll see if I can find a link.

Thanks KD for that. Yes I am now fully aware that I may gain some weight, which will most likely be water so I'm not so scared or panicky anymore (thank god!) Yeh I know the word 'Diet' makes us feel like 'urgh'. But looking at SW methods, it doesn't even look like a diet LOL. In the beginning I may keep thinking that I am still dieting until I am fully ready to take the huge step in maintenance.

The reason I wanted to try SW again is because you don't have to count calories, and I think this is where my obsession began. Some things just work for others and some things don't :)

If I could lose a stone on SW before, I'm sure I can do it again, so eevn if I gain water, I'm sure it'll disapear as you've reassured me before :D It's like I said in a different thread, I'm going to experiment now, see what my body can take in and how it affects it etc.

Oh yes defitnely red days, I need to keep my protein up more than anything else I should think when I eat again.

Thanks again :)

A new plan eh? thanks sue, will have a butchers at that then. I think I saw it before not sure. But thanks for the link :D

And just to add that you can indeed go along to a class if your BMI is less than 25 although not if you want to only maintain. The rule is that you should have at least 7 lbs to lose and that your BMi should still be within healthy limits at your target weight. Perhaps youshould consider joining for those last few pounds so that you can get the new books and an in-depth explanation from the SW consultant.

Good luck

Wow Jasmine great photos.

Coming from a VLCD I also am baffled about the carbs. I am losing weight but very slowly and I think the carbs whether free or not are the reason for this. But I have been told time and time again that losing slowly is the best way to keep it off.

So good luck with it all.

And just to add that you can indeed go along to a class if your BMI is less than 25 although not if you want to only maintain. The rule is that you should have at least 7 lbs to lose and that your BMi should still be within healthy limits at your target weight. Perhaps youshould consider joining for those last few pounds so that you can get the new books and an in-depth explanation from the SW consultant.

Good luck

I see, thanks for that. I do have 10lbs left before target. I dunno I might go back back for those last few pounds.

Wow Jasmine great photos.

Coming from a VLCD I also am baffled about the carbs. I am losing weight but very slowly and I think the carbs whether free or not are the reason for this. But I have been told time and time again that losing slowly is the best way to keep it off.

So good luck with it all.

Thanks very much Sulley, well done on your losses so far.

Yeah losing weight slowly is the best way, but I'm just too stubborn for my own good LOL.

That's why I'm thinking of giving SW a whirl again. Hey, since you were on TFR, how was ure weight affected when you went from TFR to SW? was it extreme? I would love to know, would help me emensly.

Back