I think im going to calorie count...

Roziee

Gold Member
Hi :wavey:

Im new to your world- although not new to this forum as I used to do slimming world.

Lots to lose but giving CC a go for a week to see how I feel.

Hubby is amazing at working how a calorie plan which I'll upload when I get the chance but just wanted to say hi and ask how have others found losing weight doing CC?

Rozie x

Hi Rozie,

I actually do SW, I love it but I'd only lost about 1st over the course of 3 years, I would gain practically every other week & my Consultant had no idea why so was no help. I know on SW a lot of food is Free but for me carbs aren't my best friend so I decided to start tracking my calories. My Fitness Pal says I should have 1350 a day. I know when I stuck to SW without noting the calories I must have been eating well over 2000 a day! In the 7 weeks I've been incorporating Slimming World with calorie counting I've lost 7lbs & not gained once!! I really feel for the first time I am in control, I just wish I'd realised sooner that I was taking in too many calories. I'd definitely suggest using My Fitnes Pal, its really accurate. I use it everyday. Now target seems possible! Hope you get on ok :)

LisaC said:
Hi Rozie,

I actually do SW, I love it but I'd only lost about 1st over the course of 3 years, I would gain practically every other week & my Consultant had no idea why so was no help. I know on SW a lot of food is Free but for me carbs aren't my best friend so I decided to start tracking my calories. My Fitness Pal says I should have 1350 a day. I know when I stuck to SW without noting the calories I must have been eating well over 2000 a day! In the 7 weeks I've been incorporating Slimming World with calorie counting I've lost 7lbs & not gained once!! I really feel for the first time I am in control, I just wish I'd realised sooner that I was taking in too many calories. I'd definitely suggest using My Fitnes Pal, its really accurate. I use it everyday. Now target seems possible! Hope you get on ok :)

Hi Lisa :)

Thank you. I hope I do too. Nice to hear you're finally getting results. Well done on your loss so far :)

PinkDaisy said:
Ive tried EVERY diet and mfp and cal counting is the only thing that works, after gaining a lot of weight due to depression and bingeing im back to calorie counting and so far lost 7.4lbs in 6 days :)

Well done, that's great. Would be great if I lost that in a week too :)

Well it's my second day of CC.. Aiming for 1625 calories with 30 minutes of exercise x3 days a week and 60 minutes of exercise x4 days a week.

That should give me a weight loss of 2 lbs a week. Aiming for 10 lbs before 10/10/2012.

Hello Roziee,

Lost nearly 7lb, weight is coming off very slowly - eating properly, CC and trying to swap junk snacks for healthy ones. How's it going for you? :)

That's great.. Half a stone a month is fantastic!

second day in and it's going well.. Will give CC a month to see how it affects my weight loss. Hoping it has a positive effect!

Think I'm going to join you too x

I have been Calorie Counting since June. Before that, I was healthy eating for 3 months and I lost 9lbs- in the little over 2 months I have been calorie counting, I have lost an additional 20lbs.

Where SW in particular really messes up is with portion size and with 'free food'. No food is free and it all adds up. I love calorie counting and I have done WW and Tesco Diets prior to this. This way I eat what I like but it encourages me to exercise and think about how much I am eating. It's also flexible because you can incorporate other elements- I try to eat either Low GI or Low Carb but within my calories. :) Good luck to everyone else on this journey!

Hey Roziee, welcome, I'd definitely recommend calorie counting. It feels like you have so much more freedom that a normal diet, as you can incorporate whatever foods you like as long as you keep within your daily amount. Even if you go over the odd day or two it doesn't particularly matter as it almost evens out over the week. Good luck with it!

Hi Roziee,
I'm new to the forum & just started calorie counting using MFP last week after taking along hard look at SW. I've had a few friends who'd been really successful with it but in the end I decided CC suited my needs better. I need to control my portion sizes, stop myself eating for boredom while also making sure I'm eating enough as I'm still nursing my son.

time2go said:
Think I'm going to join you too x

Hey :) they say that the biggest thing in weight loss is the intention to do so, so a big congratulation on that.

How much weight would you like to lose?

faery_lights said:
I have been Calorie Counting since June. Before that, I was healthy eating for 3 months and I lost 9lbs- in the little over 2 months I have been calorie counting, I have lost an additional 20lbs.

Where SW in particular really messes up is with portion size and with 'free food'. No food is free and it all adds up. I love calorie counting and I have done WW and Tesco Diets prior to this. This way I eat what I like but it encourages me to exercise and think about how much I am eating. It's also flexible because you can incorporate other elements- I try to eat either Low GI or Low Carb but within my calories. :) Good luck to everyone else on this journey!

That's a fantastic achievement, well done you- can u see the difference? :)

Im still eatin SW meals actually- I love the way SW does educate you about food, but I have to agree with you regarding the free foods..

tweekedgirl said:
Hey Roziee, welcome, I'd definitely recommend calorie counting. It feels like you have so much more freedom that a normal diet, as you can incorporate whatever foods you like as long as you keep within your daily amount. Even if you go over the odd day or two it doesn't particularly matter as it almost evens out over the week. Good luck with it!

Thanks you darling,

I'm very excited to see what my first WI doing CC will be like.. Will let you know for sure!

katbroon said:
Hi Roziee,
I'm new to the forum & just started calorie counting using MFP last week after taking along hard look at SW. I've had a few friends who'd been really successful with it but in the end I decided CC suited my needs better. I need to control my portion sizes, stop myself eating for boredom while also making sure I'm eating enough as I'm still nursing my son.

Hello :wavey:

Sw was great- I lost 3 stones whilst doing it. But at the end of the it I started to include too many tweaks in my food! Lol my body needs control and I'm hoping CC will help x

LisaC said:
Hi Rozie,

Ooh I'm glad I've found another! I've been yoyoing on sw since getting my stone award and realised this must be why- I eat cos its free and not cos I'm hungry!
This last week have been using sw principals but calorie counting and rather than counting syns, incorporating treats into my daily total.
Appears to be working so far and it stops me overeating cos I see the green number going down!
Sorry for hijack just pleased to find someone likeminded! X

Hiya, do you mind if I jump on and say hi? I'm doing sw, but struggling financially as I'm on maternity leave. I'm losing about 2lb a week which I still feel is slow a, I hate a lot to lose but I'm still logging everything on mfp and I'm under calories most days. After next week I'm going to have to go back to calorie counting as I just can't afford the fruit and meats and my body loves pasta n potato's so much it doesn't let it go once its got hold! So I'm goin to cal count after next Friday but still going to try use some of the sw concepts. Home luck everyone x

ScarlettStar86 said:
Ooh I'm glad I've found another! I've been yoyoing on sw since getting my stone award and realised this must be why- I eat cos its free and not cos I'm hungry!
This last week have been using sw principals but calorie counting and rather than counting syns, incorporating treats into my daily total.
Appears to be working so far and it stops me overeating cos I see the green number going down!
Sorry for hijack just pleased to find someone likeminded! X

Not hijacking at all. I come from the SW wagon to so I understand what u mean x

oasis6918 said:
Hiya, do you mind if I jump on and say hi? I'm doing sw, but struggling financially as I'm on maternity leave. I'm losing about 2lb a week which I still feel is slow a, I hate a lot to lose but I'm still logging everything on mfp and I'm under calories most days. After next week I'm going to have to go back to calorie counting as I just can't afford the fruit and meats and my body loves pasta n potato's so much it doesn't let it go once its got hold! So I'm goin to cal count after next Friday but still going to try use some of the sw concepts. Home luck everyone x

:wavey:

2 lbs a week is 6 stones a year!!! That is not slow my love hehe

What is everyone's daily calorie consumption? Mine is 1625 which at my weight should give me a steady 2 lbs a week.

Around 1500 give or take, supposed to give me 1.5lb loss a week but like I say averaging 2lb so far. I would love another 3st off by Christmas, 2st off so far (including my baby) so not a true 2st. I have 5st 10lb's left to lose to target, would love another st after that x

I would like to lose another 2.5 stone. Mfp recommends me 1500 calories for a lb a week, and considering the messing around I have done a lb a week is ok by me! X

I never think a lb is much in my head at all, BUT a lb is great physically and your body has to work really hard to get rid of that 1lb in the space of a week so I'm happy too with my slow losses x

Back