I was just wondering if evry1 will b sticking 2 100% ova xmas??

upsy-daisy

I was just wondering if every1 will b stickin with ther shakes, soups ect ova xmas? I will b, but im assuming sum ppl r not as my cdc askd me if i wud b sticking 2 it ova xmas. As much as id love a big xmas dinna, I would just b sooooo dissapointed with myself if I came this far then blew it just b4 my target!!

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier tonight, when all the adverts came on TV for Xmas food etc!! Im only on my 2nd week of the Cambridge SS so I really dont want to stop over xmas, but I was to enjoy my xmas too so I dont know what to do! Im fine with just drinking water but its the xmassy food im thinking of!!!!
I keep thinking maybe one week of xmas food then starting again at new year but it will probably undo everything ive acheived!!!
Arrrghhhh.
Be great to hear everyone elses thoughts!!
Catherine xxx

I am so on the fence about it. When I commited to this, I planned to go for 16 wks and then start the plus meals. The sixteen weeks is my birthday, Nov 20. I was going to start the + on that day. I will still be quite a ways from goal though. The goal on the ticker is phase one lol. Really wanting to enjoy eating a nice healthy + meal each day. I am really likeing how the weight is falling off so don't want things to slow down. I then thought I would continue shakes until Christmas and then do a + week. Then there is Thanksgiving another traditional food holiday.:eatdrink023: Opti doesn't have a AMW but moving up the plans are the same. All that to say I don't know what I am going to do. I think I will need to go till at least March before I am near goal. I am interested in finding out what others think and what you all might do. Oh what to do, what to do!
edi

Im starting week 4 on ss but iv decided instead of doing this for 12 weeks and stoping for 1 week, im going to do it till xmas week and take that week off so i can have my xmas dinner. and ill start again on the 29th. i think the thing is to try not to eat to much.....hopefully

I'll hopefully be moving upto 810 Christmas week. I've already decided that I'm going to have a Christmas dinner though. Just as a one off i'm not going to stuff myself all over the festive period. I've been ss since the beginning of August with just 1 week of aam so far X x x

im totally having xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day off!
Im on SS+ anyway so will prob stick to turkey and veg and the treat of having one puny roasty potato. Then back on track after that.

My Birthday is 18th December & I am coming off CD then until New Years Day. As I am a Christmas Baby & have time off this year which I've never had over Christmas, apart from Xmas & Boxing day I want to not be restricted to CD only. Plus last year for Xmas I was poorly too and couldn't eat or anything.

I will not go crazy tho, but I am not going to obsess over everything.

Then New Years day I will be back on it.

Fingers crossed I will be at target by then so hopefully I will have moved up the plans and be maintaining, definitely will have a bit of whatever i like on Xmas day & Boxing day but not go nuts!

I intend to eat xmas dinner, minus the carbs and the same on boxing day, just damage limitation as i don't wanna end up back where i was. I think 2 days is more than enough for a treat.

Hi

I am at the end of week 2 of SS and loving it so far! Have been thinking a lot about Christmas and what I am going to do. I go skiing in Feb and really want to be at my lightest ever (will still have a long way to go) but at least will be giving myself the best chance of enjoying it.

Historically, Xmas eating begins about 20th Dec and carries on to after New Year, am also reasonably inebriated the whole time! Obviously this year cannot be the same. I have decided to SS all the way until Xmas day, so no Christmas Eve blowout. Then on Xmas day I will SS+ (plus a bit more). So will have Xmas lunch, but not go mad, one glass of wine. The same for boxing day and then back on SS from 27th onwards. New Years Eve will be SS, so quite boring this year!

Hopefully, this eating won't be too awful and I can balance out gain in the following week.

I have decided that the only way I will stick to this diet until I hit target is to make it fit with my life. Not eating any kind of Xmas dinner would only make me very miserable and much more likely to cheat in the following days.

Sorry for the long post!
Hx

I think that's a great plan, you know what you want and how to get there. Your determination will make it easy to have a 'sin-free' new years eve.

I'll be the same, we don't usually go out new year anyway, it's too difficult to get babysitters etc. haha

Good luck and i hope you achieve your goal of being your lightest ever by feb x

Already had the chat with my CDC about this. There is simply no way I could do xmas on SS. She said that was ok provided I didnt over do the 'junk' part (chocolates, mince pies etc) - and not too much booze.

Sure I will do some 'damage' to the diet, but by the time Dec 25th comes along I hope I will have a lot more so even if i put on a few lbs - I will still be winning compared to what I did when i first started

My only advice is from experience, an awful lot of people say they are going to stop SS on Xmas Day and Boxing day and get back on it but a high percentage of people don't and then dissappear from the forums or post how they regret it.

I did SS 3 Xmas's ago and it made me realise that you can still have a fantastic day with your friends and family and that although food is nice it will still be there. My take on it was it might be one Xmas day without food but if I live for another 20 years then I get 20 more of them!

Also as I have said before instead of being stuffed and drunk in the evening I was up playing charades and actually had a fantastic day.

Whatever you decide then don't beat yourself up but for me back then I was so enjoying being slimmer by the day that no Xmas pudding was going to knock me off.

Mike

:D
My only advice is from experience, an awful lot of people say they are going to stop SS on Xmas Day and Boxing day and get back on it but a high percentage of people don't and then dissappear from the forums or post how they regret it.

I did SS 3 Xmas's ago and it made me realise that you can still have a fantastic day with your friends and family and that although food is nice it will still be there. My take on it was it might be one Xmas day without food but if I live for another 20 years then I get 20 more of them!

Also as I have said before instead of being stuffed and drunk in the evening I was up playing charades and actually had a fantastic day.

Whatever you decide then don't beat yourself up but for me back then I was so enjoying being slimmer by the day that no Xmas pudding was going to knock me off.

Mike

I reckon you've got a few more than 20 years left Mike

Im hoping to have hit target by then, and as xmas is only one day then i can not see why i could not have a light xmas dinner after all it takes all blooming day to make ! x

I have decided to have xmas day, boxing day and 27th off plan, but straight back on SS on 28th !
Not going to go mad, small portions, a little of what you fancy, i know I can get back on plan from 28th !!

good luck with whatever you all decide :D

i'm SSing all the way through Christmas but considering stepping up to SS+ on Christmas Day so I can eat something with my family. not sure yet though! x

I agree with icemoose, hopefully though I will be on ss+ by christmas, so will have a light meal just protein and veg, if I'm not on ss+, will try and stick to ss don't want to undo all the good work for 1 day, it's not worth it

hmm, i'm still undecided on this one, i'll be very near target by then and am still worried about it ruining things for me.
i've manage to abstain through my wedding anniversary and my dh 40th.
how about just postponing you xmas dinner till your at target, i'm seriously considering this and then i wont be thinking it'll be another year till turkey time again!

i am not sure what i'm going to do here. i will not be doing ss over the christmas period but it's possible that i'll be moving up the plans by then in any case. i'm thinking of having christmas week off. visiting all my family goes right through december and i have told them that i won't be having a christmas dinner with them then, but i am working christmas day so am celebrating christmas day with my OH on 24th (he's danish and that's his crimbo day anyways) and with my friends on the 26th. i don't think i'll be ABLE to go as mad as i have done in previous years, even if i wanted to, as i just can't fit as much in me any more...

abz xx

Back