I was just wondering if evry1 will b sticking 2 100% ova xmas??

I am definately taking xmas off!

I hope to be at target weight by then anyway(keeping everything crossed!)

I am only in my 4th week and planned to take Halloween off with the kids, I had planned to have an Indian and lots of chocolate! But when the day arrived I had a baked potato with cheese and no chocolate!! I just didnt fancy it, just the idea of it. I was so happy with weight loss in first couple of weeks I was too scared to spoil it - I just thought if I step on the scales and have put a couple of pounds on i'd be really annoyed with myself.

So who knows maybe I will be better behaved over xmas than i plan to be.

Tricia

I am definitely taking some time off for Christmas, it's what's keeping me going now. By then i'd have done a solid 8 weeks of SS and i've got such a long way to go.. I'm prepared to have Christmas eve and Christmas day off, but i'm going to step up the exercise and then straight back on it... although i've always been a 'lager pint' drinker, i'm not going to be having any alcohol.

My mam and dad are coming here for a buffet style on Christmas eve and going there with ALLL the family for the day and I'll be having anything I want.... minus the alcohol :) And you know what......... I am SOO looking forward to it! :) and I promised myself i'm not going to beat myself up about it because its what i want!

I'm sure we're all going to have a lovely christmas though, whatever we decide to do food wise :)

I will be having Christmas week off, i plan to enjoy myself as i am cooking for 10 and My parents are elderly and don't enjoy good health so i really want to make Christmas really special for them and they would fret if i didn't sit down to eat with them. (they don't get CD??) Also my DH is 40 on the 28th so we have a big party booked and we are going away for new year so i will be enjoying my christmas and new year and back on it in January. I will try and keep my diet quite carb low though to avoid the nasty bloating.

XXX LJ XXX

Hi everyone :party0011:
Going through the Christmas period on SS. I have worked too hard. My clothes are looser, my face slimmer, skin is a lot clearer and I am too excited about reaching goal. I will have a party to celebrate my new figure when I'm done.
By the way. Spoke with my CDC and she said that it is harder to get back into Ketosis the second and third time round. I do not want the diet to become a chore so gonna stick with it.
Whatever everyone decides to do, have a fab Christmas. :)

hi fair play to all those doing ss during christmas, i came off plan for holiday in september, and couldnt get back on, i am planning to ss up until christmas eve, then going to visit all family and have buffet such as, pickled cabbage, chicken, pickled onions olives maybe some cheese. not go to mad and try to stay off the carbs.
christmas day im going out for dinner just me my partner and our little boy, its 5 courses. but i am having duck, will have a little potato, share my starter and pud, eat the cheese and crackers leave the mince pie. have a glass or 2 of wine in the evening. then, small low carb buffet on boxing day maybe some nice coffee with cream and marshmallows, getting a posh coffee maker for christmas. then do the 1000plan until new year, so that i can have some booze on new years eve, then back to ss or ss+.
sorry for long post xxx
whatever you do, all have a good one xxx

Hi guys!
Myself and my cdc have agreed what I am going to do is..

Starting Christmas day I'll have my shake for breakfast (No need to have a big breakfast just as it's Christmas)
Then have my Christmas dinner, if I can say no to dessert great if not that's life, then have a shake in the evening!
Same goes for boxing day,
She said as long as I don't go mad with what I eat there isn't much harm done and as long as I know in my mind it is ONLY for the two days I can get right back on track the day after.
This what I'm hoping to do.
This is my 2nd week so I'm, fingers crossed going to lose a stone before then!
Good luck to you all and hope everyone has a great Christmas! x x

I actually intend on staying on SS during Xmas. My family traditionally has a big meal on Xmas eve and Xmas day and I just want to ensure that I stay in keto and fall off the bus, especially in the first 45 days of starting. Plus, I really like what Mike had to say about it may be one day without food, but maybe you'll gain years on your life!

im having a buffet with my mum christmas eve and since ill be making it i can have carb lite options on the menu ( mum has alzhiners and when we take her out she refuses to eat if im not as she doesnt understand and keeps trying to give me hers )
christmas day again carb lite meal with the family

I am so glad this thread has been started as I was begining to think what I would do.. then low and behold the rota arrived at work and I am working Christmas Day so sorted !! :p well you would think so but I will be spending the day dodging the chocs and all the other bits that arrive! :eek: must keep busy :eek:

I am glad I have a great cdc, we talked about it Saturday and she said if you decide to have something make sensible choices and just try and avoid the junk.. and to remember how awful that stuffed bloated feeling is.. good luck to everyone over Christmas above all just enjoy it .. :)

Im going to have a shake at my usual time, about 12, so im not too hungry, then have a reasonable sized xmas dinner minus carbs, and probably some xmas pud and mince pie! then ill have my bar later... and thats really it! I will probably have a light meal boxing day, but very much in a ss+ style, and no more... at least thats the initial plan! I may be closer to my goal by then and move up the stages a little, but thats what I had planned!
good luck to all those ss'ing over the xmas period! determination it the key! and the thought of wearing something great for new year!!!

I spoke to my CDC about this and she says I am okay to go up to 1000 calories over the 3 days of christmas as long as I avoid the carbs and alcohol. I did this once last week as a christmas party and managed to go straight back onto ss the next day with no problems. I am so amazed at how quick this diet is. I have been on it 4 weeks today and have already lost 2 stone 3 lbs and gone from 40" waist to 36". Loving it.

Back