Ian Wrights - UNfit Kids

Ivy

Silver Member
Its on right now and i must spew my disgust at poor poor lil Jermone mother

The way she talks to him - no wonder he finds solace in food.

ok she was upset - but saying that if he wants to kill himself (with food) she will ' throw him under an f&&king car' riles my blood

and she aint no shining example herself, literally puffing ciggies in his face.

Poor mite - i hope and pray he succeeds.

as do i all of them.

Ivy

Bum! I managed to miss it too and I was really looking forward to that programme :(

I dont know if it will be repeated (bound to be though) but the follow up is next week :)

Ivy

I have to say that I totally agree with Ivy! That poor boy's mother's attitude was a disgrace!

OK so she was overweight - we've all been there - but when the parents were invited to join in a ball game with their kids, she threw a complete tantrum and walked out cos she didn't want to embarrass herself on national telly! Well, I think she did that quite nicely!! Silly woman!!

I was also very cross with Yusuf's mother who was defending her boy's poor attitude.

I had so much sympathy for Ian Wright - who apparently loses his temper bigstyle next week cos of the apathy and lack of respect the kids show him. What's the poor guy to do? He's bending over backwards to make exercise fun and exciting for the kids and they and their parents are just rebelling!

What about the kids he didn't pick who would have loved to have been involved? It's just not fair on them, is it, to waste your place if you've been lucky enough to get chosen!

GRRRRRR!!!!!!

Compulsive viewing lol!

Ivy i saw it as well and i was so suprissed at ther disgusting behaviour and the way she spoke to her son and also treated her son like a little baby and she is so responsible for what her son has been eating at home and should of been happy for the intervention from Ian,and jumped in with her son to set an example.

Also what crap about she has Sciatica so she cant join in i have sciatica and when i have it i can stand uo at all let alone straight and she was moving around pretty good like she said she was more embarassed about the whole nation seeing her arse on tv then helping her son by joining in and setting an example.

When i see a parent like that i realise that i am not doing such a bad job with my 14 yr old son LOL.

....and didn't that other mother say she had a broken ankle and knee cap (something like that), and she was still stood up:rolleyes:

Some of those parents just couldn't seem to understand that this was their responsibility. Not Ian's, not totally the kids (at that age anyway), but theirs.

We seem to be such a society for expecting others to pick up the pieces for our mistakes.

Whenever I watch these overweight kids programmes, it makes my blood boil when I see the unresponsible behaviour of some of the parents and the way they just dump the problem in other peoples laps.

Oh, and that boy at the Royal College of Music. He must be very self disciplined to have worked his way up there....must be very talented.

Wish he could apply the same discipline.

Yup that one with the Knee was Yusefs mother and what a horror she AND her son in (in his defense he is a carbon copy of her though)

The cheek of her to say to Ian - well what did he expect when these kids are like that to suddenly love excerise - Jeez they didnt sign up for a pizza eating contest love...

and Isobel is on the money when she says he is bending over backwards to help...he truly is and fair play.

These kids need help and truly some of the mothers are to blame.

but Jermone struck a cord with me - (and with ian by the look) because he is BRUTALLY honest, i feel a lump in my throat when he described the lil song (Bellys gonna get ya) to the camera.

his siblings are large also as is the mother - and she 'locks' the doors etc etc now, dont get me wrong NOTHING wrong with a larger parent(s) whatsoever - BUT if anything she encourages his behaviour with all the junk she brings in - THEN holds her hands up and exclaims WHY OH WHY

We can onlt hope them lil mites go far...

and Yusef (once again) god his place could have gone to another child who would have flourished - not the back-cheek he doles out (mother again i'd wager)

oh brilliant TV. am left fuming.

Ivy

OK so she was overweight - we've all been there - but when the parents were invited to join in a ball game with their kids, she threw a complete tantrum and walked out cos she didn't want to embarrass herself on national telly! Well, I think she did that quite nicely!! Silly woman!!

Compulsive viewing lol!

I thought exactly the same thing. She embarresed herself far more by not joining in, that poor boy!

Great programme, really feel for Ian Wright, hes trying to help these kids but gets faced with amniosity by their parents!

Back