Iceland and slimming world

I guess they have chosen Iceland as it is more a frozen food store.Bit like Farmfoods is.

Other supermarkets tried 'hiding' from horse meat scandal.If you unhappy with what Slimming World is doing don't be a member.I'm sure they won't go bust if a couple of members stop going.
They aren't making you buy their ready meals from Iceland.And at the end of the day the meat quality,content % will be down to Slimming Worlds quality control team.

No I don't imagine they will go bust there's no need to be so sarcastic, it's a discussion and ppl
Have lots of different views and everyone's views are welcome, it gives everyone a chance to have a think and discuss that's what forums are for.

:)

I think what a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that these meals have come about from SW asking what their members what, well according to my consultant anyways.
It's quite funny the drama this seems to be causing, they aren't forcing anyone to eat them!!

Not going to comment as to whether I like Iceland or not, as rarely buy anything there, with the exception of Birds Eye peas which are priced like rocking horse sh*t when not on offer in the other supermarkets!

I've previously done WW and stayed at Gold for nearly two years, and rarely ate one of their ready meals, but that was my choice.

I switched to SW because the typical food we ate as a family, was huge portions of meat, veg, salad, and I could eat all these free, and keep my family happy, and have succesfully been at target for three plus years!

I won't change what I eat just because SW has a new range of frozen foods, but there are times, when I have to grab a ready meal, as lest be fair, more often less synful than a takeaway sandwich, and warming!..or worst a Greggs sausage roll (18 syns), one could only wish that SW could collaborate with another Iceland retailer and make thes less synful!

I think previous posters are going to be right, the meals aren't meant to be possibly ate alone, but need superfree added, just an easy way to maybe have a lasagne? Who knows!

My consultant said the plan is they would serve two if you added superfree of your own or serve one if you just ate the ready meal on it's own.

I don't think it is a question of snobbery. It is up to any business where they choose to position themselves in the market, and Iceland has made a very definite decision about this which is reflected in their advertising - in the tone and content of their advertisements and in the people they use to star in them. Their choice, not ours, to be where they want to be and reflect the image they want to portray.

I admit I am a bit surprised (a) that SW has chosen to position itself there as well - not because of snobbery but looking at it as a marketing decision; and (b) that SW has gone with a company with such a small share of the market - the lowest of any of the food multiples with the exception of Farmfoods. That's an odd marketing decision too.

And yes I know that other companies tried to put a spin on the horsemeat scandal but as far as I am aware it was only Iceland who suggested that the findings of the food standards authority which found out about it were not to be trusted because they were Irish! A wonderful "own goal"!

Oh - and another odd marketing decision - putting the recipe on the packet.

If you think about it, it is strange for a product to contain information which might discourage people from repurchasing!

early January we find out more in group...but the rumour's are true :D x

Today c said the meals will be syn free, with the recipe on the back if you want to make it again x available from January x

Looking forward to it (how sad is that). It'll be handy for taking something to work for lunch a change from microwaved baked potato, salad or soup.

I guess they have chosen Iceland as it is more a frozen food store.Bit like Farmfoods is.

Other supermarkets tried 'hiding' from horse meat scandal.If you unhappy with what Slimming World is doing don't be a member.I'm sure they won't go bust if a couple of members stop going.
They aren't making you buy their ready meals from Iceland.And at the end of the day the meat quality,content % will be down to Slimming Worlds quality control team.

No I don't imagine they will go bust there's no need to be so sarcastic, it's a discussion and ppl
Have lots of different views and everyone's views are welcome, it gives everyone a chance to have a think and discuss that's what forums are for.

:)

Well said willfitskinnyjeans - I enjoy a good discussion among SW members so long as it doesn't get nasty.
I didn't realise you were doing SW now Cavegirl. When did you swap?

That's not my point tho, My disappointment is that sw are back tracking and behaving with very double standards. I pay my money to make sw a profit. My opposition isn't against a product it's that sw have convinced ppl to part with their money for membership based on a set of beliefs and standards.

Now they see the ££££ in Iceland there happy to forego those previous statements to make more money. That's what disgruntles me.

Sw even have an article on their website totally disagreeing with ready meals and shakes yet they've jumped on the wagon to.

Personally i think its ideal for busy people and it as the recipe on how to make from scratch on the back of the meal so when u have time u can x

To be fair, SW aren't back tracking!!
You have always been able to have ready meals on the plans, its just you have to use your syns on them. This way, by SW making the meal, they are free, that's the difference, which is a good thing!!

I can have Alpen lights, Batchelors pasta and sauce, Batchelores rice, Mug shots, Muller light, the list goes on and on and on. All 'rubbish' foods with additives, not cooked from scratch yet free on SW. Wheres the difference?
This has been in the pipeline for SW for years, personally, I wonder why its taken them so long. Its a good business move and will bring in loads of profit, I'm sure which is what a business is all about.

Honestly I really cannot see exactly what this 'discussion' is getting at!!

You have always been able to have ready meals on the plans, its just you have to use your syns on them. This way, by SW making the meal, they are free, that's the difference, which is a good thing!!

I can have Alpen lights, Batchelors pasta and sauce, Batchelores rice, Mug shots, Muller light, the list goes on and on and on. All 'rubbish' foods with additives, not cooked from scratch yet free on SW. Wheres the difference?
This has been in the pipeline for SW for years, personally, I wonder why its taken them so long. Its a good business move and will bring in loads of profit, I'm sure which is what a business is all about.

Nothing it's just a discussion :)

They could absolutely make them a fortune, but they might also taste vile. They might cost a fortune they might not. We don't know yet.

That's not my point tho, My disappointment is that sw are back tracking and behaving with very double standards. I pay my money to make sw a profit. My opposition isn't against a product it's that sw have convinced ppl to part with their money for membership based on a set of beliefs and standards.

Now they see the ££££ in Iceland there happy to forego those previous statements to make more money. That's what disgruntles me.

Sw even have an article on their website totally disagreeing with ready meals and shakes yet they've jumped on the wagon to.

You don't pay Slimming World so they can make a profit, you pay them to provide you with a service and I don't think they ever had the 'set beliefs and standards' you think they had, after all you must remember they are a business, and the fact that they want to make more money shouldn't disgruntle anyone.

It's a far healthier plan now than it was 20yrs ago (incidentally, virtually the whole of the Iceland Chinese takeaway range used to be 'free'!) so I don't think they are 'backtracking' at all, in fact it's improved a lot over the years, and although they still have rubbish like pasta in sauce, mugshots, etc, as 'free', their ethos still is based around making home cooked food using healthy ingredients wherever possible, and people eating a mugshot now and again doesn't take that away.

I don't understand why this would bother anyone, so much of the 'free' food on the plan is already unhealthy, mugshots are vile and full of rubbish, their own Hi-fi bars are so packed full of additives, I won't eat them, and I've not eaten a ready meal in goodness knows how long, so I doubt I'd eat one of those either, but some people will find them helpful and just because you and I don't want them, it does not mean there isn't a place for them in the market. x

Back