Iceland and slimming world

I've just read this post all the way through and found it very interesting.
With regards to the ready meal- although I wouldn't buy them myself I think they are a good idea. As a busy working mum I know how easy it is to forget about yourself in amongst the daily tasks and having a ready meal in the freezer as a lifeline is ideal. I agree with what people say about it being likened to mug shots, pasta n sauce etc.
When I have done SW in the past I haven't been organised and would often skip lunch because I didn't take anything to work with me and there are no suitable shops near by- again a ready meal would be ideal! I plan on being more organised this time round as I now have a soup maker I will make use of!

With regards to the whole Iceland discussion- families have varying budgets and not everyone can afford to shop elsewhere. They do have frozen vegetables, fruit and meat which for some families is their only option. All supermarkets have foods similar to Iceland and personally its about having the knowledge to buy the right things on your own budget.

I'd be interested to hear people's views on the meals though

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

My personal opinion on why Iceland is pretty much that BECAUSE they have a smaller share of the market, they have less bargaining power with sw so sw can insist on more that asda, waitrose etc might scoff at. The frozen aspect and the low cost per item is also probably a large factor. Most people I know on sw and interested in ready meals are on a budget and if they'd gone with m&s for example, they might have priced themselves out of business.
If it makes life easier for just one member, I say go for it, it won't inconvenience me. SW are at their core, a business and if they want to boost their profits with ready meals, that's their business :p

I'm quite excited to try these meals to be fair. I enjoy cooking from scratch but as I'm the only one in my family doing SW (and wanting to eat SW meals cooked from scratch) it means a lot of arguing over pans/cooker and freezer space as it means I do a lot of batch cooking. Having something to grab from the freezer on the odd occasion will be useful!

Let us know what they are like :)

I've heard they'll be available beginning of February so not long to go.

Yep real soon the sausages are s good idea, round where I am we have a chap who sells at the farmers markets he has a huge range if free of very low syn sausages and has had them tested so our consultant can tell us about them but not everywhere has this so these are a good thing.

Hope those who are trying come back on here and let us all know what they are like

1421832029993.jpg
One of the girls on my fb group shared this. Thought it might be of interest. I'll definitely be giving some of them a go as my wedding is 10 days after that so prob won't be much cooking going on in my house that week. I love the idea of the meatballs and sausages if they don't taste like cardboard

Definitely going to be handy for nights when I get home from university late or am living in the library and get home at stupid times.

Looking forward to being able to keep some of these in the Freezer for very quick ready meals for the times when I really don't feel like cooking, think they might sell out very quickly when they come out!

I read on another consultants website:

SW ready meals : Vouchers will be distributed to Slimming World Group Members to allow them to purchase the meals at a discount price

This is what I seen on Twitter, on a consultants website:

If you show your Slimming World Member Card, you will receive a discount / 2 meals for £5

This isn't correct. Vouchers will be distributed to Slimming World Group Members to allow them to purchase the meals at a discount

There is a offer for Iceland staff to join Slimming World at a discounted price

This is correct. Please see 'Iceland People' for information on this offer

The meals will also be available in ASDA / Tesco stores

This is incorrect. The meals are produced by Iceland for Iceland Stores only

There are Syns in these meals / how many Syns are in the Slimming World Ready Meals

The Slimming World Ready Meals are Syn Free

Will the recipes be available before the items go on sale?

You can find a list of the products here. Some recipes are available through LifelineOnline

Back