Iceland and slimming world

I would love it! I work late nights so if I'm feeling hungry after a long shift, if I could just pop a meal into the microwave/oven it would save long amounts of prep time!

My consultant runs 6 groups on a wednesday! Mine is 11am so I am going to hit iceland up before group, two near me so I am bound to get some meals. I hope.

We were told in group on Wednesday that our local Iceland will be opening an hour early for SW members

I think they are very pricey, but people will pay for convenience .
personally I will probably use my vouchers on a variety and then it will just be an occasional thing.

One of the things I love about sw is their encouragement to prepare fresh and healthy meals yourself instead of relying on convenience foods. I'm guessing the need to compete with ww outdoes the irony lol

But having said that, if these meals can encourage members to have a convenient healthy choice rather than something less healthy then that is a positive thing.

I think they are very pricey, but people will pay for convenience . personally I will probably use my vouchers on a variety and then it will just be an occasional thing. One of the things I love about sw is their encouragement to prepare fresh and healthy meals yourself instead of relying on convenience foods. I'm guessing the need to compete with ww outdoes the irony lol But having said that, if these meals can encourage members to have a convenient healthy choice rather than something less healthy then that is a positive thing.

To me though it takes longer to cook one of these than is does to make omelette or salad or pasta. Though if you can afford these and it keeps you on track then that's good.

I know myself if I want a take away curry then s sw ready meal wouldn't satisfy that but for ppl who it would then :)
I am looking forward to hearing ppls views

I think lots of people are missing the point.i would say it is about choice,how can adding more choice be a bad thing.its not compulsory its Choice.!! I for 1 am looking forward to the launch,if I don't like them I won't buy them again ,simple.like I said. Choice !!!!

I think lots of people are missing the point.i would say it is about choice,how can adding more choice be a bad thing.its not compulsory its Choice.!! I for 1 am looking forward to the launch,if I don't like them I won't buy them again ,simple.like I said. Choice !!!!

It's a discussion, everyone can bring a different idea or perspective. Sw is also about educating on nutritional and life choices. As are many healthy eating plans.

£3 is nothing to pay for a 'healthy' lunch time meal.You could then have an omelette and salad for dinner or soup and bread followed by some fruit and yoghurt. :)

Sorry CG - for some people on a tight budget £3 is A LOT - especiually if you still have to add rice, potatoes etc - which is the point that Samantha was making I think.
I know I can't afford £3 for lunch on a very meagre pension.

I can't see that anyone has missed 'the point'

Sorry CG - for some people on a tight budget £3 is A LOT - especiually if you still have to add rice, potatoes etc - which is the point that Samantha was making I think. I know I can't afford £3 for lunch on a very meagre pension.

It's not just one £3 , chances are if ppl really would benefit from these they are not going to benefit just once is likely I'd think to be a regular need if the reason for using them is tiredness after long shifts and to then add 3/4/5 of these into a shop and it's getting very costly.

Some ppl can afford it though. I personally am still cautious, I had a good look at the packaging at group and the sausages are not fat free, they have nearly 3x the fat content of a local butchers that sw have stated they have syns in them. Some of the meals have over 600 calories a meal and whilst I know on sw it's not about counting calories but to get a loss you still have to be mindful.

Probably because I don't splash out on luxuries or drink alcohol, smoke or buy my coffee/tea from Costa/Starbucks that £3 for a meal is nothing and is better for you.1kg rice is 45p and a sack of spuds £2. So adding the odd things doesn't cost the earth. Frozen veg is very cheap. I'm on a tighter budget then some pensioners and if I done SW then I would buy them.One for convenience and two for a healthy meal.:) If they are on a tight budget then SW is no good for them as SW is expensive(so I read on here) to do.

Out of curiosity why don't you do sw is there a reason in particular you steer away from it and which plan do you follow? Just out of interest

Probably because I don't splash out on luxuries or drink alcohol, smoke or buy my coffee/tea from Costa/Starbucks that £3 for a meal is nothing and is better for you.1kg rice is 45p and a sack of spuds £2. So adding the odd things doesn't cost the earth. Frozen veg is very cheap.

I'm on a tighter budget then some pensioners and if I done SW then I would buy them.One for convenience and two for a healthy meal.:)

If they are on a tight budget then SW is no good for them as SW is expensive(so I read on here) to do.

CG - why on earth do you like commenting on a SW forum when you don't even do the diet?

SW is a great plan and works for many people and does not have to be expensive - and if you'd ever tried the plan then you would know that.
The most costly part is fresh fruit - but this can be bought cheaply from markets or late in the evening at the supermarkets when they mark stuff down. SW is as expensive as you make it.

Please don't patronise people saying SW is not for them if they can't afford it.
That is surely their choice - and not for any of us to tell them what diet to do.

Yes I agree rice and spuds and pasta are cheap - which is why I eat a lot of them.
Many other ingredients like pulses are also very cheap and you can make a healthy lunch out of any of these.
I make lentil "stew" - a sort of thick soup - and 5 portions cost me about a pound. So 20p a day.
Vegtable stew - made with veggies bought from the market is cheap too.
Either of those with some WM bread makes a great cheap lunch.
And all for about 30p - a tenth of the cost of an SW packaged meal from Iceland.

My pension is less than £4600 pa as I am not of retirement age, so don't get any state benefit, but gave up work 'cos I didn't want that stress any longer. Admittedly it goes a lot further here in Spain than it would in the UK - so if your budget is tighter than that then good luck to you.

I have no problem with anyone buying these meals if they can afford them and for the convenience of having a quick meal after a long day at work.
Many people will try them - many people have already decided they're not for them - and many more will wait until others have given some feedback.
And as willfitskinnyjeans has said many people actually are already having doubts about how "healthy" they actually are.

Out of curiosity why don't you do sw is there a reason in particular you steer away from it and which plan do you follow? Just out of interest

I believe CG does paleo - and from what I've read on here is even more expensive than SW with all the special meats etc that you have to buy

Back