Ideas to cook for OHs footy day with the lads round please!!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Hello!!

As per the title, OH is have 'the boys' round to watch Man City v Chelsea round our new flat (massive Chelsea fans if anyone was wondering :D)

I said i would cook some nibbles but i want to make it SW friendly so that i can have some too!!

They are having one pizza which is non-SW friendly but im stuck for ideas!

Im going to do potato skins, but apart from that Quiche is about all i can think of and i dont even have a recipe!! lol

Anyone got any quick easy snack ideas which are really scrummy? And a recipe for quiche if poss!!

Thanks in advance guys & gals!! xxxx

What about aload of KFC Style chicken goujons?

I would do loads of wedges too with different spices like chilli & garlic
you could made a garlic dip with quark to I reckon
urm........... some low syn sausages???

what about scotch eggs or sw chips with a spicy dip or something?? xx

what about spicy sweet potato wedges?

I use a tex mex spice mix from Asda, and coated the sweet potato wedges with a sprinkling of this, then bung them in the oven for 20-25 mins with a spray of fry-lite.

They're lush

hehe im not a quark fan either ;)

you could do a spicy salsa type thing with chopped tomatos, onion, herbs and spices (or you could just buy one and save the faff, if you were dipping into it im sure the syns would be minimal) xx

chips and wedges were my thoughts too, also SW crisps, the KFC chicken was lush. I make a potato rosti base pizza which is free and HEA for cheese. recipe is somewhere on my weekly meal ideas thread i think.

what about spicy sweet potato wedges?

I use a tex mex spice mix from Asda, and coated the sweet potato wedges with a sprinkling of this, then bung them in the oven for 20-25 mins with a spray of fry-lite.

They're lush

Thanks all for your replies!! I LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!!

Im guna have to try this!! I can do half sweet potato and half normal ones!! lol xx

the tex mex mix is Asda's own make and with all the herbs and spices.

I'd recommend leaving the skins in the sweet potatoes when you make the wedges, gives them a lovely flavour.

I made a dip a while ago which came out pretty tasty! Brown some diced onions and add some garlic powder (most supermarkets do that!) and then mix with some low fat natural yogurt and some chopped chives. Really tasty with potato wedges :)

You could also do some grilled chicken skewers? I think schwarz do some ready made flavouring sachet you can add to give them a kick which are 0 syns!

Emily

Pigs in blankets, my other half loves them. I use low fat sausages, which he normally moans about but with the bacon wrapped around he never complains once :)

Cajun wedges are also a favourite, put wedges in a bag with several sprays of frylight and a spoon full of cajun seasoning.

This is very helpful. My Bf has his mates round and I never know wot to make. I usually end up having to make them something and I end up with a pasta n sauce with ham, because I can't be bothered with cooking after doing it all for them lol. Great thanks :0 xxx

Back