Step 1 Sole Source Im back to start for the last time

melissa85

Silver Member
Ok so hey everyone again, im back after a year and a half off Cambridge and im looking forward to restarting tomorrow and sharing my journey with everyone.

I have done this 3 times and last time was my most successful losing 3 stone but my cdc quit and I struggled to get in to a routine with another cdc and as all you ss ers know routine is vital ;).

So after regaining most of it back ive decided to start again and tomorrow is day one.

I believe im in the right frame of mind and cant wait for the losses to start
will keep you all posted.

good luck everyone xxxx :):):):):)

About 7 stone or when I'm comfortable so long way to go.

That's day one done so glad it's out the way.

How much u lost so far and hoping to lose?

Ive lost 11lbs in 2 weeks, so hoping for 3 lbs this week to bring me to my 1st stone. I wanted to lose at least 2 stone by Christmas. So we will see what i have left to lose after this week's weigh in. My ideal loss is 6 stone in total. A long way to go to. Let me know how ur second day goes, I was so tired.

Hi Melissa!

I have a similar amount to lose and am on week 2 after losing 6.5lbs the first week.

Congratulations on not giving up! I hope this time it works for you for good.

I have a question, as this is the first time I've done it - did you regain the weight because you just started eating normally again? Or did you try to reintroduce different foods like the plan recommends? Is the only way to maintain through following all the steps of the plan do you think? Sorry for so many questions! xxx

I have maintained for 6 months now and it's harder than the diet was. I don't think people realise that when they start this process. Mentally for me I had to realise that I now need less than half of what I used to eat and it's tough to adjust to that when you go back to eating "normally". Your whole lifestyle has to change, less drinking, eating out etc. and you still have to control everything that goes into your mouth. It gets harder as time goes on, not easier. That said it is so worth it to slip into a 10 in any shop and be able to close the zip.

I have maintained for 6 months now and it's harder than the diet was. I don't think people realise that when they start this process. Mentally for me I had to realise that I now need less than half of what I used to eat and it's tough to adjust to that when you go back to eating "normally". Your whole lifestyle has to change, less drinking, eating out etc. and you still have to control everything that goes into your mouth. It gets harder as time goes on, not easier. That said it is so worth it to slip into a 10 in any shop and be able to close the zip.

Thats really useful to know - and also a bit terrifying! It must be pretty hard to watch what you eat when all foods are potentially on the menu! Well done for keeping the weight off though :)

xxxx

Hi Melissa! I have a similar amount to lose and am on week 2 after losing 6.5lbs the first week. Congratulations on not giving up! I hope this time it works for you for good. I have a question, as this is the first time I've done it - did you regain the weight because you just started eating normally again? Or did you try to reintroduce different foods like the plan recommends? Is the only way to maintain through following all the steps of the plan do you think? Sorry for so many questions! xxx

Hi well done on ur losses so far.

I went back to eating normally each time I've done this diet as never reached my goal so didn't work thru the steps I also found I ate more as I missed the stuff that made me fat in the first place also I always had a treat day before which made it harder this time am go a be 100% and do it properly

That sent before I was done lol

So I've learnt from my mistakes no matter how much u crave something to eat don't give in to it as made it harder and you just feel like crap afterwards wishing u didn't.

Good luck I'm almost done day 2 and feel ok bit of a headache and feeling tired but it's all good.

Don't forget plenty water I found the more I drink the more I lose so I drink 4L xx

Ive lost 11lbs in 2 weeks, so hoping for 3 lbs this week to bring me to my 1st stone. I wanted to lose at least 2 stone by Christmas. So we will see what i have left to lose after this week's weigh in. My ideal loss is 6 stone in total. A long way to go to. Let me know how ur second day goes, I was so tired.

Well done I'm sure you will get 3lbs this week, it is hard knowing how much of a journey there is to go xx

That sent before I was done lol

So I've learnt from my mistakes no matter how much u crave something to eat don't give in to it as made it harder and you just feel like crap afterwards wishing u didn't.

Good luck I'm almost done day 2 and feel ok bit of a headache and feeling tired but it's all good.

Don't forget plenty water I found the more I drink the more I lose so I drink 4L xx

Oh I see - haha thats fair enough! To be honest its all I can do not to order a takeaway when Im ON the diet let alone if I came off it! I'm sure you'll get to goal this time!! You seem really determined :) x

Good luck Melissa , I too am back for the last time- first time lost 8 stone , second time lost 5 and having put it all back on twice I am going to see it through to the end this time. 3 stone down in 8 weeks - about 6 to go !

Hi,

Just wanted to say good luck and also to ask you why you think you put the weight back on, hope you don't mind me asking. This is my biggest fear. I lost most of my weight at the begining of the year and have been maintaining since then. Did you get to target and stabalise you weight before you stopped? xx

Good luck Melissa , I too am back for the last time- first time lost 8 stone , second time lost 5 and having put it all back on twice I am going to see it through to the end this time. 3 stone down in 8 weeks - about 6 to go !

Wow at least you know you can do it. I've only ever lost 3 stone then got fed up and found excuses to eat normally again so I would love to have the "I've done it" feeling xx
Well done on losing 3 stone in 8 weeks I hope I get that lol x

Hi, Just wanted to say good luck and also to ask you why you think you put the weight back on, hope you don't mind me asking. This is my biggest fear. I lost most of my weight at the begining of the year and have been maintaining since then. Did you get to target and stabalise you weight before you stopped? xx

Hi liz well done on losing and maintaining I never got to goal so didn't do steps upwards of ss.
I just lost my gogo juice for the diet lol and went back to how I did before.

I had this CDC that I only seen for a month due to difficult routines she had maintained for two years and what she does is ss+ mon-fri then whatever she wants at the weekend I think that is the only way to do it for people like us who just need to glance at food and there's a pound on strict thru the week indulge at the weekend xx

Thanks for letting me know :) yes that's what I've kind of been doing, strict all week and weekends off. Just scares me that I've seen so many people come back. Not saying it's a bad thing though. I'm getting married next year so have to stay skinny lol. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Ive

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know :) yes that's what I've kind of been doing, strict all week and weekends off. Just scares me that I've seen so many people come back. Not saying it's a bad thing though. I'm getting married next year so have to stay skinny lol. X Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I've just never done the diet the way your suppose to I know once I finally get to goal il work hard to stay there it's getting down there that's the bugger lol.

Am sure you'll keep it off you've got a pretty huge incentive to look forward to but don't be too hard on yourself it's not the end of the world if you gain a couple of pounds cos you can shift that easily you just need to know what works for you and your metabolism xx

Back