Im moving out, yay!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
hey guys.

Most of you will already know my home situation is a bit poo and i have a OH who is desperate to get on the property ladder and so refuses to rent.. so we were stuck at home, and as so my relationship with my mum was deterioating and along with all the other family probs it was all a bit much.

well after another bust up at home Oh finally agreed to rent. THANK GOD!

Signed the papers this morning for a gorgeous little house in a lil cul-de-sac in a nice area, 2 bedrooms, a nice garden, newly decorated, 2 parking spaces.. its everything we needed.

We move in on the 30th! Im soooo excited!! x

ohh go you!!

So excited for you!! There is nothing better than your own space and your own kitchen!! You will be able to cook up all you own favourite meals, without anyone nicking all your food out the fridge!!

Good luck with the move and enjoy your own space xx

So pleased to hear your news Fern. From one of your previous posts, it sounded like you were living in a pressure cooker.

Whatever you do, DON'T start feeling guilty about those still at home. You really deserve your freedom, you've EARNED the chance to be together with OH, enjoying life.

The 'little house' as you put it sounds perfect, with a garden as well! And only just over 3 weeks away - I'm sure that it is the best decision you could have made!

Very Best of Luck for the New Year and a New Start!!!

Congratulations sweetheart, and I wish you both all the best for your life together in your new home, I'm thrilled to bits for you.

I'm so happy for you honey! You'll find life so much easier.

Great news hun - great start to the year. Woot! xxx

That is great! SO exciting. Is it furnished? You'll be able to go to Ikea and everything...that was one of my favourite things when we got ours.

And I bet that your relationships with people at home will improve now. When I was at home I couldn't bare my sister and it would mean me and my parents would bicker over it. Now that I dont live at home my sister is one of my best friends. Can't live with her but can't live without her!!

Terrific news Fern!! Congratulations :D Bet you can't wait to get moved in and make it 'yours'!! What a brilliant start to a new year too!! :clap:

That is so exciting hun! I remember mine and OH's first place (tiny shoebox) but it was ours and we had so much fun!!! :candledinner: xx

Thanks guys!!
I too think that our home relationships will benifit from the space.
. i cant help but feel guilty about leaving my younger siblings, but i have to do this for me i know that.

The place isnt furnished, but does come with two wardrobes.. and a dining room table that was optional.. which we kept.
think iv just about got everything. Im sporting the red polkadot look for my kitchen ;) its lush! LOL

just gotta find the money for some sofas now, i think we be on deck chairs for a month or so but we can cope haha.

:eek:) Julianne_Julz .. yes it will be our first place together, however we'v lived together with my mum for just under a year now :)

- Spoke to the letting agent earlier..

move in date was originally the 16th, but turns out i cant legally sign anything till my birthday, so then it was to be the 30th, but then she foned and said the owners are going away that day and we'd need to be in before..

so im signing the papers on the 26th ( My birthday :) ) and then we move in on the 27th.. our two year anniversary. how perfect.

Just had my first day at my first job ( the teaching assistant one) I love it!!! :eek:)

xx

That's absolutely fabulous honey! I am thrilled for you.

Definitely agree - don't you dare feel guilty. It will absolutely be the best thing for your relationship with your boy, your mum, your siblings and your fridge! First home is mega-exciting. Love every minute of it. You'll even find cleaning fun (that wears off quite fast though!)

x

That's absolutely fabulous honey! I am thrilled for you.

Definitely agree - don't you dare feel guilty. It will absolutely be the best thing for your relationship with your boy, your mum, your siblings and your fridge! First home is mega-exciting. Love every minute of it. You'll even find cleaning fun (that wears off quite fast though!)

x

yeah. even the thought of buying cleaning products is putting me off.

I know this sounds super lame but can anyone write me a list of things i have to clean. im worried il forget and itl all get on top of me.. if i ahve a list of things to clean and how often a week i can keep a list and stay on top? x

Ahhhh!!!

Well, here's what I tend to do (and I'm no Anthea Turner):

Kitchen - sink, draining board and surfaces get wiped down daily. Floor swept a couple of times a week and mopped once a week.
Lounge - dust and hoover weekly (including little nooks and crannies where dust gets that it's easy to miss, like skirting boards)
Stairs get whacked with the dyson once a week or so.
Bedroom - dust and dyson and change the bed once a week.
Bathroom - loo gets cleaned couple of times a week (stinky boys! Yuk) and I have those flushable wipes to do over every couple of days (boys really are stinky! LOL!) and I do the sink, bath and shower, sweep and mop once a week.
Monthly (or when required) I clean the fridge shelves and drawers and have a bit of a cupboard tidy. And every couple of months or so I wash the windows (on the inside!)

We only have a small house so it doesn't take me too long! Does that help?! You'll soon get into a routine :)

awww thats great news luv! its a big exciting step but u will luv the new found freedom lol!

i moved out when i was 17 and it was the best thing i have ever done lol!

at this time renting makes sense too ok u dont own it but it really doesnt matter its your space and thats what matters. 6 years on i am STILL renting lol but looking to buy with the OH later in the year hopefully :)

best of luck to you and your boy :)

X

lol. Im proper loosing sleep over it now. We move in on the 27th. (date finally officially confirmed)

A) im so nervous excited
B) scared il have forgotten to by somthing
C) also scared by price of things- this world is far to expensive concidering how crap it can be at times lol
D) already worrying if i loose my job LOL

Back