I'm so so so so stupid :(

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
I've been doing so well, I've lost 2 stone in 4 weeks and I'm now 2 days off my 5th weigh in and yesterday evening I only bloomin ate about 5 wafer thin Slices of ham, a small crunchie bar and 3 chocolate eclairs :cry:I feel like I've completely blown it and I am so upset with myself.

Last night I spent a couple of hours crying, my husband asked me what was wrong and I told him it was totm but didn't say I'd eaten anything. I now feel so guilty, especially since I've just got home now from something pretty stressful and I had another 2 choc eclairs, a few haribo sweets and 2 small crunchies :sigh::sigh::sigh: so thats 2 days of messing up :mad:

My stomach now feels bloated and heavy, I have tears streaming down my face and I just don't know what to do.

Last night when I was talking to my husband I told him that I was so so desperate to eat that I was going to do the ss+ so I could at least look forward to one small meal a day. I felt so much better when I had this in my head and he agreed it was probably the best thing to do.

Another thing, I have a mirena coil and previous to starting on cd, I hadn't had a period for a few months, I then had a period in the first week on cd and now 4 weeks later have another one, and since it started on Monday all I have felt is depressed, hungry inc stomach growling which I didn't get before and totally desperate to eat, I don't think I have cried this much since I was pregnant! Is it usual to have this on cd when its totm?

Also, with what I have eaten will I have taken myself out of ketosis? And if I am out of ketosis and now do ss+ will I go back into ketosis? Oh I am so stupid :cry:

xtwinklex

Your not stupid honey you just made a silly mistake don't dwell on it just draw a line under it and move on. I get down days and get really upset that i can't have food but i am on week 7 now and have stayed 100% SS i have had my ups and downs and when i think i am going to eat or if i get upset i come on here and vent.

Maybe you should call your CDC and explain how your feeling and see what they say.

your doing so well and don't let this take away with how hard you have worked and how much you have lost

Awww hunnie,
Please don't be so down about your 'blip'. We all have blips and get cross with ourselves, but personally I always give in to food demons, then wash it out with extra water.

The likely thing is that you will have come out of ketosis. Having said that, if you drink more water today to try and 'flush' out the eclairs, sweets and crunchies - I really don't see why you wont be back in ketosis tomorrow.

A tip I like to give to people is to make sure you ALWAYS have chicken in or white fish. That way, when the food demons are upon you, you can have a skinless chicken breast or white fish GUILT FREE! You'll remain in ketosis and feel full and as though you have eaten something.

Have a look on the inspiration slideshow to get you motivated again, and perhaps write some goals on what you wish to achieve on CD and stick it on the fridge (or sweetie jar!)

The main thing though is not to get so upset. Just think of it as "I've had 2 stressful days and chose to eat - but from now on I'm going to have positive days and stick to the shakes"

Do you buy the CD bars from your CDC? They are great to chew on (esp when been in the freezer!) and you really feel as though you have had something to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Big Hugs, Chin up and GLUG GLUG GLUG that water x x x

Hi xtwinklex,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I am just back on cd after a mad binge which led me to gain 6lbs in less than 3 weeks!

Good news is that your blip has only lasted 2 days- hopefully you couldn't have done too much damage. It can be rectified.

You may have knocked yourself out of ketosis (depending on how much carbohydrate you have had) but as long as you haven't binged on bread, rice, cereal, chocolate etc you should get back into it quite quickly.

I am now doing ss+ and feeling much better for it. I have stayed in ketosis but the guidelines from cd say that not everyone stays in ketosis when on ss+ or the other plans- it depends on your body!

Remember though, you do not have to be in ketosis to lose weight- fact!

Also I have been spotting for almost a month and after posting about this it came back that your periods can be affected on a vlcd and pmt can be alot worse than usual.

I hope this info helps- good luck with whatever you do next xx

Hey XT, please don't be so hard on yourself hun....it really isn't that bad.

I have been there and all you have to do is put in to perspective how far you have come already...you have lost 2 stone in 4 weeks!! That is incredible!

Some of us fall off the wagon at some stage but the more you ponder on it the more likely you will say to yourself that ou will quit.....please, please, please don't do it.

Just brush yourself down, get drinking lots of water and get back on track...believe me, you CAN do it.

Don't ever be ashamed...you haven't committed a crime! This is not an easy diet and we are all human, so put a smile back on your face and get cracking. Even if your weight loss suffers slightly from this blip, you will be back with great losses again very soon.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on

xx

It's just a blip, get back on track, you have lost almost 2 stone in 4 weeks which is AMAZING and yes you may have gained a few lbs but you have a chance to put it right, get your head in the zone.

As Emma says have the things you 'could' have in the cupboard, I have cottage cheese and a tin of tuna in spring water - just in case it gets too much.

Re: Periods, I have implanon and have 3 light periods a year, currently I am on day 13 of the most heavy period ever due to CD.

However I just have to get on with it as I want to continue with plan and I know it will stop soon (I Hope) !!!

I get the munchies whilst TOTM, I popped in here last week as I couldn't bear it, more water and some positive posts from the ladies helped it pass.

Today is a new day, wipe the slate clean and get back on track, you know you CAN do this !

Just to agree with Emma and charley, I too keep cooked chicken in the fridge and tins of tuna for emergencies! Just knowing it is there helps!

x

Awww thanks guys, you have all made me feel so much better, apart from this horrible bloated stomach but to be honest that could be to do with the 3/4 of a litre of water I have just drank in about 10 minutes! The rest of the litre will be following and then I have another 2 litres chilling in the fridge, am going to try and drink it all so that will be 4 litres today plus 3 coffee's so far, prob be another after school has done. I'm now in my workout clothes and I am going to cycle for 4 miles, maybe 5 if I can push myself and do 50 sit ups, I will take myself out of this horrible pmt which I am now convinced is what has caused me to blip as I never had a problem in the other weeks!

Once again, thank you so much for your advice and kind words :) if I feel like blipping again I will come on here first...

xtwinklex

Hey Twinkle...
Just wanted to send you big hugs!!!
You are only human hon and we all have blips..... I can sympathise so much with you with pmt and hormones and totm..
I havent had one now for over 3 months but .. I get these terrible mood swings, horrendous ones..... and havent had them like that since I was really young.... Its definatley all to do with the diet....

So chin up sweetie you are doing amazingly well to have lost 2 stone!! and just drink that water..... Go for ss+ its fantastic..... Since being on it I promise I havent looked back I started it on week 13 and Im loving it..
Keep smiling xxxx

I

Another thing, I have a mirena coil and previous to starting on cd, I hadn't had a period for a few months, I then had a period in the first week on cd and now 4 weeks later have another one, and since it started on Monday all I have felt is depressed, hungry inc stomach growling which I didn't get before and totally desperate to eat, I don't think I have cried this much since I was pregnant! Is it usual to have this on cd when its totm?

xtwinklex

I was the same as you but I bled for a few days wk 6. I also felt hungry then so did SS+ because if I hadn't I would have had something I shouldn't have. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about TOTM and it seems that it can change while on CD. It doesn't happen to everyone and in my case, only time will tell as to if I have one next month.

Dont worry sweetie - my hormones go up the wall on SS. I am manic then crying, with a 2 week period. I expect it now on SS and just try to ignore it till it settles. By the way, eating does not make you stupid. If we didnt eat we would die, dont forget you are resisting your body's extremely strong urges to resume normality, and with 2 stone gone you are succeeding. Brush down, grit teeth, keep going. And be nice to yourself

Back