Im Stuck....

tiamaria0405

I am currently doing around about 1100 calories and for the past 10 days i havent lost any weight except 1lb

do you think i should be eating more calories

i currently do 15 mins of excercise too

Please help

Hey sweet, that must be so frustrating! My suggestion would be to change your calories about a bit? There's two ways to do it, either maybe have a higher day then drop back down and see if that gets your weight moving again, or you could try cycling? If you add up all your calories for the week then set different amouts for different days? So one day 1400, one day 900 etc. Is there anything that could be affecting your weight? Cycle? Salt intake? I hope you get some results soon your working so hard! x

I plateaued for 3 months - was doing SW at the time - so decided to change to CC so I could be more in control of the cals I'm eating (obviously, lol). I deffo think I wasn't eating enough - I have increased my cals to 1400 and have lost 2lbs in the last couple of weeks - exactly the 0.5lbs per week predicted by MFP :)

It's a bit trial and error to begin with hun but personally I think 1100 - 1200 is too few.

Hi i have started recently doing cycling on a stationary bike or 15 mins a night

i have toad in the whole lastnight so whether it could be that im bloated

im trying to drink lots of water today to flush it out of me

1100 is quite low. Try taking it to 1200-1300 for a week and see how you go.

Sounds like your not eating enough. I've heard minimum for a woman should be 1200 calories.

This is how my weightloss has gone, when I eat a bit more I seem to lose a bit more..

Week 1 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 2 - 5 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 3 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 4 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 5 - 2 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 6 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 7 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 8 - 2 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 9 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals

Hi thanks for the advice

im gonna increase calories to 1300 i lost 1lb last week so i may still loose a 1lb this week got 2 days to go

i can do this

Yesterday said:
Sounds like your not eating enough. I've heard minimum for a woman should be 1200 calories.

This is how my weightloss has gone, when I eat a bit more I seem to lose a bit more..

Week 1 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 2 - 5 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 3 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 4 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 5 - 2 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 6 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 7 - 1 Lost - 1600 Cals
Week 8 - 2 Lost - 2000 Cals
Week 9 - 3 Lost - 2000 Cals

Hey just wondering how much excersise u add to this?
Do u eat 2000 and just leave ur exsercise calories?

i think the reason i may not have lost any weight this week so far is because the painters have now arrived :(

I think at your current weight you should definitely be eating more cals in order to lose more.
You'll often see some of us harping on about starvation mode and things like that...that's because it's true! You shouldn't go under 1200. Not just because the body holds on to the fat reserves it's got, but for your mental health too! Allow yourself a little bit more and you're more likely to stick to it longer term, so you lose as much weight as you want to...not crash diet and then put it back on again!!

You're right... you CAN do it. You just need to work out what's the optimum calorie level for you.

Hi

MFP says i should eat 1350 so im gonna try aim for that :)

I was on 1,200 a day but kept finding that no matter how hard I tried, I was still going over my calorie amount. So I have upped it to 1,460 calories a day... which mentally I am getting on with much better.

Start with higher... then when your weight starts stalling a little... go lower. :) Thats what I plan to do anyways. lol

i started at 1400 ish calories i went lower as MFP told me too...i am currently doing about 1100 but as ive been on that now for about 2weeks and only really lost about 1lb last week and a possibly nothing this week, i have decided to try and up my calorie intake to see if this gets me moving again...

i guess i will just have to trial and error for a while

last week when i lost 1lb i had started doing exercising on the bike, so whether this is why i am not loosing as much as maybe i could be toning up

also the painters arrived yesterday and this is when i stepped on the scales to see how i was doing for the week and found out i have lost nothing

my official weigh in is tomorrow so i suppose staying the same is better than putting weight on

Sorry if i went on and on and on.....................LOL :)

It's likely to be the fact you're on your period and retaining water, and not eating quite enough. A weeks toning up won't affect anything.

I have read both sides to the "starvation mode debate" and from my own personal experiences

I personally don't believe that it exists in terms of 'eat too little and your body will hold on to the fat' as I have been on a VLCD before upping back very slowly to 1200 calories to calorie count and I lost weight pretty much every week and never plateaued.

I do belive however that eating too few calories for your own body will screw with your metabolism.

I now cannot eat as many calories as friends of mine who are the same height and weight as I messed up my metabolism and it is now slowly getting better after 7 months. I still have to eat 1200 calories a day, a bit more at weekends to maintain. I worked it out the other day that if I add my week up and divide them by 7 then I am eating 1350 a day, not a lot for maintaining. I do eat more the days I do "proper exercise". I am short and light now though.

This is only my personal experience and will not be the same for everyone. I'm not saying that starvation mode doesn't exist as I have no idea. There are many "scientific experiments" claiming both sides.

Also the problem with eating less than 1200 calories on a diet that isn't a VLCD is that it is very unlikely you can get all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy in under 1200 with conventional food.

I know I lost my weight to look good but now I am here and see all the health benefits I would say keep your body healthy

I think im gonna try and up my calories to 1200 - 1400 and im also going to try and eat breakfast as i never seem to do this....

i suppose everyone has parts of there diet when some week they dont loose anything

I think im gonna try and up my calories to 1200 - 1400 and im also going to try and eat breakfast as i never seem to do this....

i suppose everyone has parts of there diet when some week they dont loose anything

You haven't had a week like that though hun (apart from birthday week ;)). Official weigh-in isn't until tomorrow and you've got your period - anything can happen in the next 18 hours, lol!

I bet you a fiver you'll be on here tomorrow morning reporting a loss ... might be an ickle loss ... but it'll be a loss ;)

Let's hope so, I have decided to drink more water n eat more veg n fruit

I've thought about my weight loss and tbh staying the same or loosing just a lb or even two is better than putting weight on :)

Thanks guys you have been a great help xxxx

On lighterlife I never lost on TOTM weeks but when calorie counting and eating more i lost pretty much every week. Now maintaining I don't gain that week either.

Perhaps some of us need a bit more food when on he he

Back