Transparent into this statuette.

The truth of all vanity declared,
Bled too many tears. Now dry
Shall the skin erupt.
In permanence, a memory
Painted onto walls shall never fade.

(by Mr_Wombat)

Last edited:
I wrote that when I was just about to leave college. I used to write quite a bit of poetry back in the day :)

One of my college friends, who was studying photography, made an art piece which blew my mind... it was a picture of a scarred female, visibly haunted, in black and white (my description doesn't do it any justice) and I just had to badger her for a copy. I sat down with it, and the words just came out.

After writing it, I realised that it was possibly the best I'd ever written, and made all my other stuff seem rather crap in comparison, so after that day I never wrote poetry again...

I wrote that when I was just about to leave college. I used to write quite a bit of poetry back in the day :)

One of my college friends, who was studying photography, made an art piece which blew my mind... it was a picture of a scarred female, visibly haunted, in black and white (my description doesn't do it any justice) and I just had to badger her for a copy. I sat down with it, and the words just came out.

After writing it, I realised that it was possibly the best I'd ever written, and made all my other stuff seem rather crap in comparison, so after that day I never wrote poetry again...

What a lovely piece - knowing something that good came from you, even once, must inspire the confidence that there is more to come!!! You should give it another go - you are obviously really talented.

I stopped painting/drawing when I was a student as my boyfriend at the time was just a million times better than me. Really regret it now. Old enough now to realise that art/creativity really is just completely subjective.

Carol x

Thanks Carolanski :)

Maybe one day i'll try again, but I'd still be worried that it isn't very good. Think I got possessed by the poetry demon that night :D

Hey - but what if it was even better?!!!

Carol x

The fear of falling short is the thing that holds me back.

In any case, after posting around these parts too much lately, any poem I did write would most likely feature the word 'lol' too much :D

The fear of falling short is the thing that holds me back.

In any case, after posting around these parts too much lately, any poem I did write would most likely feature the word 'lol' too much :D
LOL!!!
You have a talent mate. Use it. I'd love to be able to write something as creative as that. Bet you will surprise yourself if you do.:D

Back