Independence of the Seas, the largest cruise ship in the world

canireallydothis!!

Gold Member
Is the best!!!!

I have just come back from the start of its innagural celebrations and I have to say the ship has the WOW factor to end all WOW factors.

The entertainment and facilities on board surpassed what I have seen before, especially the ice show, dancing on ice fans take note!

The food (how much weight have I put on:D) was unbelievable, the staff fantastic and the cabins brilliant.

If anyone wants to go then you have my full backing and a request to sneak in a suitcase!!

I wont bore you with anymore details, but please ask if you want anymore info x

Hi Vicky

I want to hear more!!!!!!!!

Did you surf?
Did you rock climb?
How much time did you have to enjoy your trip and how much was work?
Did you have a good birthday?
Did the family spoil you when you got home?

Really glad you had a great time:D

Tracey
x

Hi Vicky

I want to hear more!!!!!!!!

No worries, I could talk about it all night:D
Did you surf?

Unfortunately not, I was in conference on the afternoon of the first day so it was lunch then straight in till 4pm then muster and night out, the day after was 53mph winds and bluddy freezing!

It looked fantastic tho, I saw people doing it briefly and whilst looking like hard work i would have loved a go

Did you rock climb?

Closed due to high winds:mad:

How much time did you have to enjoy your trip and how much was work?

Most of the days have been work, the nights all free to enjoy all facilities and entertainment (and free pizza at 3am:D;):eek:)

Did you have a good birthday?

It was really good, the waiters brought me a cake out and everyone sang to me, we then went to a pub, the dog and badger on main promenade and there was a singer who dedicated the night to me, after that the ice show and then the 80's night in StudioB, followed by Kareoke and copious amounts of strawberry daiqueri and vodka diet Coke, and pizza at 3am, then a ride up and down in the glass lifts:D:D:D
Did the family spoil you when you got home?

Um, not really!!! Although DD was thrilled I was back

Really glad you had a great time:D

Out of this world, Ive cruised before a few times, but loved this more.

Vx

Can I have your job please?

Delighted you had such a good time and belated Happy Birthday to you Vicky!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

318d1166464269-happy-birthday-georgiasmum-flowers.gif

Can I have your job please?

LOL!! You wouldnt want it today, after a week of being out of branch my email in box is dire:eek: (worth it though:p)

Delighted you had such a good time and belated Happy Birthday to you Vicky!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

318d1166464269-happy-birthday-georgiasmum-flowers.gif

Thanks Mini!!!

Sounds like you had a fabulous time, how lovely that they made your birthday so special!!

Shan't comment on the 3am feast though:eek:;)

Tracey
x

I assume your a travel agent hun. I homework for Hays. I was invited to see Royal Caribbean and Celebrity last year, but it meant going down to Southampton and I live in Manchester....I couldn't be hassled. I'm a miserable so and so....I hated it when I worked for Thomsons and went on Educationals. Walking round in a suit in boiling temps...watching everyone else holidaying was not my idea of fun...but I know people love them.

Glad you had a good time and its good to know someone who knows first hand about the ship

I assume your a travel agent hun. I homework for Hays.

Sure am, have been a manager for more years than I care to remember:D

I was invited to see Royal Caribbean and Celebrity last year, but it meant going down to Southampton and I live in Manchester

I do most of the ship visits, going to see the new Hol America one in June,and did Norwegian Gem and Pearl earlier. I tend to leave the fam trips for the girls to take their pick. Ive seen so much and its their turn now. I wouldnt know half as much as I do without having done them

....I couldn't be hassled

I fly down from Leeds, 35 mins and Im there!! Its so worth it, you could do Flybe (flymaybe:p) from Manchester .

I'm a miserable so and so....I hated it when I worked for Thomsons and went on Educationals. Walking round in a suit in boiling temps...watching everyone else holidaying was not my idea of fun...but I know people love them.

I adore em all!!! Thomsons are mean to have all staff in suits, I havent been on one yet where Ive had to even take my uniform!! The ship visit was conference, and we had a ball, 6 hours sleep in 3 days!!!

I relish the experience, and love to see them and how they work, plus I love telling everyone about them when I come back,

Glad you had a good time and its good to know someone who knows first hand about the ship

Its Fab!! Thats all I can say!!:D

I've been to Sharm, Rhodes, Costa de la luz on Educationals. It all depends who I went with from work. I used to work in a call centre and if you got your mates it was FAB. Thomsons were horrid. You got your breakfast then it was hotel visit after hotel visit and you had to wear a uniform if you had one, if not smart business wear...and 'court shoes'...Egypt in June in court shoes and uniform...not good. We hardly got free time so it was no good and to be honest when we did, I was so worried about being fat that I didn't enjoy it...maybe it would not be too bad now. I turned down the long haul coz it means I'm away from my little girl for 8 days. I've been offered Cancun, Dom Rep and Brazil.....I was really tempted with Brazil coz I don't know too much about it, but it was just too long to spend away from my daughter......... hubby works too and it would have been tough!

I've never been on a cruise...sold them loads of times and the customers are the ones that get me excited about the cruise rather then the otherway round LOL. I used to let them sell it to themselves!!!!

How you finding Travel at the moment? Are you enjoying it? I'm finding this last year has been very different to previous years. People are starting to DP a lot more themselves now and everyone expects something for nothing......sorry not everyone (I've booked a few guys from here and they have realistic budgets). Tripadvisor is the bane of my life. LOL I always read reviews now and if they are bad I don't even offer them the holiday....its better in the long run and at least you know they are going to enjoy it.

Anyways...nice to speak to a fellow Travel Agent. xx

The first ever edjey I did was a coach trip to Tossa!!! and dya know what, I love it still.

I know what you mean about the group tho, I once did an Airtours cruise, yep, many moons ago and the group was rubbish, tucked up by 11pm!!!

I did a Virgin/carnival about 7 yrs ago, Bahamas and Florida, wow, that was good, excellent group. also Mauritius, with Beachcomber 2 yrs ago, that was out of this world, we are all still friends from that, and meet up loads, I cried at Manchester airport as I didnt want to leave DD but it was worth it in the end, I worked out all childcare and rang everyday, £180 phone bill!!!! What a place to be, as near as paradise as ever.

I love travel, gets in your blood doesnt it, I had a pretty horrific year end, but people seem to be valuing us so much more this year, we are so busy I dont have time to breathe, my concerns are fuel pricing!!! DP scares me a bit, I know with the ATOL levy and stuff then its supposed to be ok, but after the recent court case, you cant fault a good all round package with help everywhere, nothin like a squizz on viewdata and a holiday ready made!!

Trip advisor is a nightmare, no matter how much you can tell anyone that one persons opinion differs so much from another they wont believe us!! If it was true I wouldnt be going on Ocean Village:D

Chat anytime hun, Im always about x

Oh Vicky!! Good to hear you had a great time! Sounds super.

Oh Vicky!! Good to hear you had a great time! Sounds super.

Oh it was KD, ive missed ya, gonna scout around now and see what everyone has been up to!

I dont have time to breathe, my concerns are fuel pricing!!! DP scares me a bit, I know with the ATOL levy and stuff then its supposed to be ok, but after the recent court case, you cant fault a good all round package with help everywhere, nothin like a squizz on viewdata and a holiday ready made!!

Trip advisor is a nightmare, no matter how much you can tell anyone that one persons opinion differs so much from another they wont believe us!! If it was true I wouldnt be going on Ocean Village:D

Chat anytime hun, Im always about x

I agree 100% about the fuel prices.....its so tough when you get someone who says....well I only paid £150 last year!! Arrrggghhh!! I must say probably 50% of what I sell is DP. I do agree with what you say about packages. They are my number one preference...easy peasy lemon squeezy and knowing the client is looked after is great, but now-a-days people don't always want to pay package prices....so I do a lot of low budget airlines with acc only and transfers. I worry though coz with the transfer alone, its the clients responsibility to phone the transfer company two days prior to their departure date to check pick up time etc and if they don't then they wont get picked up...all the worries are gone with a package. You just have to make sure they are fully aware that its a DP and not a package.

I agree with what you say about Tripadvisor. Even if most give it 5/5 and only one or two 1/5...they home in on the low...I'll say, but most give it positive, but no...they home in on the one negative!! Another arrrrgghhh needed I think! LOL.

Anyways....I think I may take a few calls! Good luck for this year. I'm glad you are having a better time this year then last....I agree last year was a shocker. To be honest, for me, this year hasn't been much better. Hays have over 400 homeworkers now and with aprox 20 clients phoning in at anyone time...you do the maths....you are waiting AGES for a call!

I got back from the Independence of the Seas a week ago yesterday :D
Myself hubby and 2 children went around the Med from Southampton it was absolutley fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of going on a Cruise.
You pay for everything on the Ship at the end of the Cruise via credit card or cash if you wish and its in $ dollars which is great at the moment with the £1 being so strong:D.
I don't like flying so it was great to be able to get 2 weeks of sunshine without having to set foot in an airport.:D
Angie xx

Back