Is it BBQ weather yet???

sarah83

Try and try again
Yay the forecast is for nice weather this weekend, so fingers crossed it may be time for the first BBQ of 2010
(just got to keep it quiet in case the rain clouds find out, sshhhh.... :badmood:)

So the plan is to have an EE day with:
Home made xtra lean beef burgers and a wholemeal bun (Hex B)
Tesco Light choices sausages (1 syn each)
Chicken drumsticks marinated in either tikka or SF BBQ sauce
Rice salad
Coleslaw made with Hellmans xtra light
New potatoes...
Plus a big jug of refreshing vodka with lime and soda and lots of fruit and ice - yummy

:flirt2:

I had one last Sunday!!!

BRING ON THE BBQ!!! I can't wait! i might have one Sunday! Joes sausages, home made burgers, diarylea light cheese slices, home made coleslaw, lots of salad and a big dollop of heinz tomatoe ketchup!

we BBQ on a sat all year round

and 7 days a week from may to sept

Bring it on! Planning to have a bbq on Sunday (keep everything crossed for the lush weather to hold out!). Red day for a bbq all the way, lots of meat and salad plus vodka and slim!! xx

Be kind to your neighbours and make sure that your barbeque equipment is clean before you start.

I dread the warmer weekends because I have to close all the windows in my flat because of the dreadful smell from barbeques around here. If I don't, the whole place smells of rancid fat and smoke.

I hate barbeques!!!!!!

Mmmmm bbq! I made lush burgers last night, blended an onion, some garlic and a red chilli (seeds removed) together then mixed it in with minced beef. Nyom!

I hope it is bbq weather!

have you ever tried sainsburys meat free burgers? even my husband thought they were nice who previously said all vege food tastes of cardboard! they wouldnt use any syns :) and their meatfree hotdogs are great too and theres no chickens head ect in them !!

Well indeed it was BBQ whether - spent all afternoon in the garden.
Had homemade burgers (xtra lean beef mince, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes and some egg to bind) with a crusty wholemeal roll.
Also had Tesco light choices cumberland (1syn each) and some chicken drumsticks marinated in yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, chopped chilli and mint.
All served with some salad, Batchelors mexican rice and some warm new potatoes.
Trouble is ended up drinking more that a couple of vodkas!!

Had the Barbie out on friday night....
Had another one yesterday lunch time....
Might fire it up again later!

May as well get the benefit of the weather!

xxxx

Be kind to your neighbours and make sure that your barbeque equipment is clean before you start.

I dread the warmer weekends because I have to close all the windows in my flat because of the dreadful smell from barbeques around here. If I don't, the whole place smells of rancid fat and smoke.

I hate barbeques!!!!!!

Haha, you bbq grinch you! :p

We're having a barbecue on Wednesday for my Sister's birthday.... BBQ halloumi :drool: Might even treat myself to some chicken if I'm feeling naughty!

I can vouch for the Sainsbury's meat free burgers! The Tesco one's are very 'meaty' and yummy too :flirt2:

That's me!! ;)

But honestly, so would you be if you had to close all your windows and doors on a lovely summer evening, just to keep out the smell of burning!! :sigh:

Haha, me and Oh usually sit and moan that we want a bbq. . i can see why you'd be irritated by it LOL. personally its the bugs that get attracted that annoy me!

- hmm. are these sainsburys and tescos non-meat products free? please enlighten me!

We had one yday, yum! I stuck to quorn burgers and salad, cuz I don't eat burgers and sausages anyway.
Personally I love the smell of the bbq, and it was smelling someone elses that tempted us to get out our own!

Had BBQ last night. I made the lemon mousse terrine from the 2010 calender for pud, & OMG it was scrummy! Even OH, whose usual comments are "I can taste the artificial sweetner" (yak yak yak etc), said it was really good. Very light, but I have to say I couldnt eat more than 1 slice. It was supposed to feed 4, but I would have said 6 as the slices were huge. Only 2 syns the whole thing...!

I've been to 3 BBQ's since Easter Sunday :D. It's definitely BBQ weather! xxx

Back