ITV tonight 'half ton hospital'

Oh I missed it too, will see if its on teleport replay!! :)

Karion/slinky what channel is the 'fat doctors' programme on??

geri doubt it will be on teleport replay dont show itv programmes

Hmmmmz all kinds of reactions to the show.....maybe its just me but a guy entered 4 yrs ago and weighs more now than then...I can't say I think the centre is working for him...its more allowing him to shut out the world and over indulge himself and I really feel for him and the other patients.

The manager's opinion on weight loss surgery....well lets say it would be in his business's(cos lets not forget the centre is a business making money and not having many success cases)best interest to encourage patients to continue with his regime and steer clear from surgery. Maybe this guy did start the clinic off because a close friend of his died due to their weight but right now all I am seeing is his centre coining it in, patients eating themselves to death and in some cases dying...he said something along the lines of what should he do let them go home n eat themselves to death.....what is the difference....oh yeah the fact they have to pay (well health insurance companies) to do it at his centre....maybe at home they wouldn't have everything handed to them and they'd possibly get more excercise on a daily basis at home having to help themselves more whilst still having outside agencies to help..ie healthcare social workers etc.

Now the lady that had a gastric bypass....how on earth can she gorge on take aways after her surgery? I've had it and I've literally had maybe 5 baby sized portions of sloppies in 2 weeks and each time I've felt ill.....I'm baffled....and was quite annoyed the way the manager portrayed the surgery....it has completely changed my life and is no way the easy way out.

Anyway enough rambling on its just my opinion.

Bondgirl you're so right!

I felt confused too when I realised what was going on.

If this place was REALLY about helping people to address their eating issues, it was doing a really rubbish job!

Who exactly IS paying for these people to stay in this prison, where they get to feed their addiction on a daily basis, with lip service being paid to stopping them?

It was distressing that one of the women died during the programme because she 'forgot' to put on her oxygen mask at bed time. Who exactly is responsible for ensuring the safety of these patients?

Frankly, I am angry that these people are NOT being helped to get well, but are being helped to stay ill.

Someone is doing very well out of it, but it certainly ain't the patients!

I feel very sorry for all the patients, they know they are killing themselves but they continue to eat and the staff continue to let them.

Maybe if they locked the front doors and could only get in and out with a swipe card system or something then the takeaways wouldn't get taken in and the patients wouldn't be able to eat them.

It should be far more controlled than it is. What upset me was the kids and the nephew of the one lady who were vastly obese and one weighed 27 stone or something and he was only about 19 :eek:

My youngest thinks that they should all only be allowed to have CD whilst they are in there. He said they'd soon lose weight! I just think it is a really sad situation for someone to be in and the USA's fast food lifestyle and super size portions isn't helping :(

Back