Jade Goody`s funeral

sonkie

Gold Member
I am gutted that its not being showed on bbc ......well I had a nap cos of carb withdrawal, then remembered its today.......well found it on sky news.
There are thousands on the streets and throwing flowers on the hearse.....R.I.P Jade x :wave_cry:

I cant believe its being televised at all. I think its totally wrong.

They didnt allow tv cameras in to put the actual ceremony on tv.....but they had 1 camera pointed at speakers so the crowd outside church could be involved.
They only televised the procession from Jades home to the church.

I still think the suggestion that we should be subject to live screening of some persons funeral - (said person contributed zilch to society) is a tad eerrmmm... silly. Diana Spencer was at least semi-royalty - and even then I wasn't so interested. As for Jade Goody ... I wasn't even interested in the event s leading up to her passing.

Well done BBC :0clapper:, thank God I don't have Sky.

I was actually quite shocked when I put Sky on this morning. They had the helicopter up following the hearse and cortege and were giving a step by step account of what was happening. Honestly if someone hadnt known what was going on by the TV coverage theyd have assumed it was a member of the Royal family, head of state or VIP.

Why her funeral is deemed important enough to be televised is beyond me but for Sky to dedicate SIX HOURS to it is beyond belief. Dont get me wrong, what happened was very sad, but people throughout the country are going through the same thing, young children sadly lose parents every day. She did nothing, absolutely nothing to warrant this media hysteria. She was at best a very minor D list celeb

Strikes me almost like a case of the Emperors New Clothes, everyones scared to admit its turning into a circus.

As a licence payer Id have been absolutely appallled if the BBC had thought of covering it.

I wasn't interested in Diana's funeral and I'm glad I didn't see this one either. I think a funeral is a very private affair and a time when those who KNEW the person should be left alone to pay their respects in peace. Funerals are not entertainment or news

My twopenneth here is this... whether this was televised or not some control had to be taken of it because if it was just like a normal funeral the place would have descended into chaos.. like it or not she was a popular gal and people wanted to pay their respects.

I thought it was tastefully done for what it was.

I don't really have any strong views or whether it should have been on sky news or not.

Reactions: Taz
I think it was inevitable it would be on Sky News, and all the other news bulletins, I just felt the blanket coverage was shocking.

But then I think a lot of whats been going on and is still going on is in incredibly poor taste. I cant believe her family have allowed the News of the World to publish the letters her son put in her coffin. I wonder what he'll make of that when hes older :(

Actually just dont get me started on this whole subject :rolleyes:

They did WHAT??? That should have been private, those letters were meant for her alone.

I have my own thoughts about Jackiey though so I guess I shouldn't be surprised!

They did WHAT??? That should have been private, those letters were meant for her alone.

They read out bits of it earlier not sure if it was on the news or where but they had a bit from the eldests letter. I think thats dreadful. I know Emma wrote a letter to my dad which went with him, immediate family read it but we wouldnt have dreamed of even telling close friends what it said, nor what our own said.

Clearly nothing is private at all where theyre concerned.

Funerals are not entertainment or news

I feel exactly the same about the football, but they still keep showing it on TV:cry: I'll keep working on them though :D

I watched the funeral. Good on ya Jade! Your final journey of reality TV.

I don't see why it has to be a private affair...well not all of it. They had their private funeral and burial. The one on the TV was for the others who loved Jade.

So why should grief or celebration of someone who has died be private anyway? Is crying shameful? Something that others musn't see? Embarassing or something:confused:

I like to think that if I lose someone close, I could share a little of that grief with people on the media I use (ie forums), without fear that others will think that I should be grieving privately.

It was lovely to hear the story from the Headmaster and brill to hear from the Cancer guy about how she had managed things that they had all failed at.

The funeral wasn't morbid at all. It was a celebration of her life. Why is that less worthy of sharing with those interested than the football or Victoria Beckams time in LA (or whatever)?

Jade was a reality 'star'. For her, this funeral would be like David Beckham's last football match.

In our society, death is something people shy away from. They distance themselves, often to the point of moving away from a grieving person, crosing the road, scared to speak. Frightened of going into their private space, or saying the wrong thing. It's not the same in other cultures thank goodness!

Oh dont get me wrong Im not against it getting coverage, the way most celebs get coverage but I just dont understand WHY it got SIX HOURS of continuous coverage, the entire thing. Thats the kind of coverage usually reserved for as I said someone Royal or a real VIP

I geniunely dont understand where this media frenzy we've been subjected to has come from. She didnt do anything a million people before her havent done. She died tragically young, but sadly that happens every day in life. Yes public awarenes has been raised of cervical cancer but thats not down to her campaigning etc, its because she got it so young. Had it been on Living TV Id have understood as theyve followed every aspect of her for years, but this mass hysteria and the magazine tribute editions and all the other stuff? Its like a snowball effect, I just cant work out how on earth it started. I bet no big celeb whos actually done good in their life gets the kind of coverage she got. I believe theres even talk of a statue being erected in her honour :eek: honour of what?? I bet half the people there today crying for someone they didnt know had a very different opinion of her 18 months or so ago.

Sometimes I really think the world (or this country at least) has gone totally mad

Oh dont get me wrong Im not against it getting coverage, the way most celebs get coverage but I just dont understand WHY it got SIX HOURS of continuous coverage, the entire thing. Thats the kind of coverage usually reserved for as I said someone Royal or a real VIP

Or episodes of Friends that go back to back...or other programmes that we can have a whole day of on some channel if we choose.

She didnt do anything a million people before her havent done.
Nah...not many reality celebs have died so far. I didn't see this as a funeral because Jade was something extra special. It was her final reality broadcast.

I bet no big celeb whos actually done good in their life gets the kind of coverage she got.
I like to think that if they wanted it, they'd get it, especially if it was their 'work'.

I bet half the people there today crying for someone they didnt know had a very different opinion of her 18 months or so ago.
Yep, spect so. With the extra media coverage, more people have seen the real Jade and they've changed their opinion.

Sometimes I really think the world (or this country at least) has gone totally mad
I decided that during the last football world cup. Wow! Lots of coverage there. Drove me wild too Sandy, so I do understand. Couldn't even turn over as it seemed to be on every channel:eek:

I feel exactly the same about the football, but they still keep showing it on TV:cry: I'll keep working on them though :D

I watched the funeral. Good on ya Jade! Your final journey of reality TV.

I don't see why it has to be a private affair...well not all of it. They had their private funeral and burial. The one on the TV was for the others who loved Jade.

So why should grief or celebration of someone who has died be private anyway? Is crying shameful? Something that others musn't see? Embarassing or something:confused:

I like to think that if I lose someone close, I could share a little of that grief with people on the media I use (ie forums), without fear that others will think that I should be grieving privately.

It was lovely to hear the story from the Headmaster and brill to hear from the Cancer guy about how she had managed things that they had all failed at.

The funeral wasn't morbid at all. It was a celebration of her life. Why is that less worthy of sharing with those interested than the football or Victoria Beckams time in LA (or whatever)?

Jade was a reality 'star'. For her, this funeral would be like David Beckham's last football match.

In our society, death is something people shy away from. They distance themselves, often to the point of moving away from a grieving person, crosing the road, scared to speak. Frightened of going into their private space, or saying the wrong thing. It's not the same in other cultures thank goodness!

Very sensitively and eloquently put.

Everyone grieves in different ways and many, like it or not, felt a loss when Jade died. They wanted their chance to say their goodbyes. There was obviously an audience for the funeral or it wouldn't have been televised.

Personally it was not something I wanted to watch but I appreciate that people would want to, so I think it was good to televise it. For those who feel it is not for them there is always the off button.

A very sad situation all around :(

KD you are just a blimmin legend and speak SOOOO much sense :D:D

Fanks :eek:

Think we'll need to agree to totally disagree on this one KD

LOL. Yep, reckon so. Think we've discussed Jade before and gone around the table a few times over it :D

Personally it was not something I wanted to watch but I appreciate that people would want to, so I think it was good to televise it. For those who feel it is not for them there is always the off button.

Exactly :)

Well said that woman! KD You're a star!! x

I feel totally appalled by the mass hysteria surrounding Jade Goody's funeral and the weeks leading up to her death.

I'm disappointed that some would think it warranted blanket coverage on the BBC.

Since we're juxtaposing here let me say; when hundreds of our soldiers are dying on the streets of Afghanistan and Iraq - killed young - many younger than Mrs Tweed, many on paltry wages, but nevertheless before their time in what some would argue to be an unjust war- dying not because they ignored letters to get screened but dying because they trying to secure the lives of millions of people in the respective countries. When two young soldiers die very young, before their time, whilst collecting a pizza outside their barracks, when a policeman dies because he's shot dead on a domestic incident callout. When I hear soldiers can't walk through the streets of Peterborough et al. in uniform because they get abused - all I hear is "I'm annoyed the BBC didn't show Jade Goody's funeral live". Oh. My. God. There was I thinking that the so called thousands of mourners turning up on the streets to pay their last respects were just voyeurs who wanted to be able to lay claim to the fact they were somehow party to an event happening in the news - may be I was wrong.

Jesus Christ the world has really gone mad!

Back