job hunting is demoralising :-(

piX128

like many people Im looking for work . Was really hopeful of an application I had in with Ofsted but they have mailed today to say that due to "unforeseen circumstances" they are having to withdraw the post. If they have any change within 3 months, they will be back in touch, even though this has obviously gone out to all applicants so I dont know if I'd be shortlisted anyway! It took hours to complete their form too.

I'm normally pretty pragmatic but it's made me feel stupidly tearful, the longer I go without being successful the more my confidence is disappearing :-(

It is so demoralising especially when you know you have all the skills but don't get selected for interview.

I started a new job in Jan & a few weeks ago had to interview for a part-time position, I've never interviewed before, & I was so surprised how little some people prepared for the interview.

Anyway, good luck & I hope something suitable comes along soon. When I was job hunting I made 'looking for a job' my morning job & I had the afternoons to do just whatever I wanted.

Ive been looking for a part time job since august 2011, it is really annoying. Ive had a good few interviews, and when u dont get the job its upsetting. I wish they would give u feed back. I dont no where im going wrong. My kids start school and nursery this august and i really just want a wee job to keep me busy. X the worst thing is i have a great cv but everything is only now. I hate applying online. I like to go into shop and give a cv.... I had worked since i was 16 and last year was just heart breaking having to work in the local bloody chippy.... Hence my huge weigh gain :-(
i feel im always ready for interviews and i enjoy going. Grrr.

Ive been looking for a part time job since august 2011, it is really annoying. Ive had a good few interviews, and when u dont get the job its upsetting. I wish they would give u feed back. I dont no where im going wrong. My kids start school and nursery this august and i really just want a wee job to keep me busy. X the worst thing is i have a great cv but everything is only now. I hate applying online. I like to go into shop and give a cv.... I had worked since i was 16 and last year was just heart breaking having to work in the local bloody chippy.... Hence my huge weigh gain :-(
i feel im always ready for interviews and i enjoy going. Grrr.

If you're not successful either ring or email the company & ask for feedback. I got feedback from a job interview & it will really help me next time (if there is a next time!!!)

thanks everyone, and good luck in your own job hunting x

I applied for hundreds of jobs, for a year I couldn't get work, hundreds of applications and only got maybe 10 interviews, if that. In the end Job centre put me into a placement thing where I worked part time to gain "experience" even though it wasn't even in the area I was looking for work...the day (actually it was in the same hour) I was offered a place on that, I got a phone call from a place that rejected me 4 months earlier, they were looking for someone else to take on, wanted to know if I wanted it, of course i wanted it. I was on the placement for 8 weeks out of the 6 months then moved to my full time job. Guess I'm trying to say you will get something in the end. Keep going, and even when they reject you, don't think its the end of that job, there is still a chance they couldn't contact you months down the road with a place. I just finished my trial year at job and they have kept me of full time. Good luck with the job hunting :)

Im hoping to find something soon! Theres not much around this area so its like there are so many people after one job! I hate it so much once i get a job ill be a happy bunny. hate not having one :( x

Back