Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

Come back Jo!!!

I hope you are not hiding behind a pile of scumpled up mcCoys and yorkie wrappers. Get back in here, I miss your musings!

Nat I think she is having problems loggin in Hun. She will be back soon I am sure. are u on Facebook? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well at least she is'nt off the wagon :)

I am but never use it, does my noggin in!

Aye up ladies!!!!

Here I am....fresh and like mean and that.

I'm laughing at your lovely messages....it has been tough getting on line recently (and I hate going on via my ipad) so haven't managed to engage properly

Long hours, 6 day weeks and lots of running makes Missy a busy girl.

Last week I had a bit of a 'day' of it....had a string of 14 hour days and still managed to run and do my classes.

By Tuesday I went mental and failed to overcome ravenous hunger....so after a double decker, a bag of McCoys and fish and chips (not all at once) I realised that I am not striking the balance between stress, hormones (I was due on) and my body's need for replemishment after strenuous exercise.

I gained a pound. But didn't go mental or anything.

So....since then I have taken the wide road. Last two big food-centred professional events out of the way. I got through today's by eating teeny portions of cheese.....not ideal but better than the croissants, danishes and cereal on offer for breakkie and the fish and chips or pasta on offer for lunch (I had decided I was eating with my team as long as it is protein.)

Trying for two 100% days tomorrow and Thursday. Feel like I am expanding, which isn't fair really because I am back to a full exercise regime.

Ran 17 miles between last Wednesday and Sunday night plus one class and did my Monday night killer class last night.

4.5 mile run planned for tomorrow and pump class Thursday.

Am mixing CD with food quite a lot at the mo tho generally sticking to protein. I feel my body needs it.

Very bloated (have eaten too much cheese today)

Anyway...I bought a dress yesterday. It is a 12 and very fitted. And a bit too tight around the belly.

I have 18 days to get 7 pounds of I would say

Come on!!!

That's all for now...will catch up with everyone later.

Loves ya loads....

Facebook is MissyJoLovejoy

xxxxx

Oooh you minx, I knew you would be back with a tale to tell.

Reading that epic update of madness and running...YOU know the science here girly. Your Body is kicking your ass because you are STARVING the bloody thing, there is no way in hell that you can SS and run like forest gump AND do body pump and god knows what else - just not possible sista.

So I guess a decision should be made here, you only have 7lbs to go, so I say up the protein to your hearts content and train baby train, if thats what makes you feel good then lap that endorphinator up :)

I feel your cheesy pain - I too am due on in a matter of days and just had a naughty 3 thorntons caramels. They were not even the diabetic variety. It was a total reaction to exactly the items on your list - stress, PMT and just general rebellion at the fact that last week I went on the wide road at the weekend and consequently only lost 2.5lb. GUTTED again. BUT that said, I have got my head around something this week and that is, I MUST drink over 2.5ltrs of water daily, or something odd happens and I hoard the stuff.

see you in the wires lady.

Nat

Oooh you minx, I knew you would be back with a tale to tell.

So I guess a decision should be made here, you only have 7lbs to go, so I say up the protein to your hearts content and train baby train, if thats what makes you feel good then lap that endorphinator up :)

Nat

Hey Nat,

I have been doing the very same....just working out, eating protein and running.

I have made the decision to put my workout goals first and am nailing em!! I do love my exercise....does much for my flailing little soul.

I ran 4.5 miles Fri and had a mixed kebab minus the carbs (yes, doner...bad lady!!). it boosted me massively for the double body pump and Zumba class I did Saturday...the fat powered me through.

Ate extra chicken yesterday. Ran 5 miles this morning and had a 3 egg omelette with a bit of cheese. It has kept me full all day.

The agreement I have made with my CDC is that I do SS on days when I don't work out and eat White protein and eggs when I do. Feels okay. Weight loss is painfully slow....2 pounds this week but that is just my crazy old body. Exercise doesn't make me lose...

Am in a funny place really.

In hate typing on this stupid iPad so avoid coming onto the site....

Rarely near the PC at home or at work either and making sure I work out an hour a day further restricts my capacity to get on here and have a natter. Apart from that, I think I have decided that I love CD products (yes!!) and that I am in no hurry to get off them. Indeed, I am considering the possibility of doing SS+ Mon to Thu, restricting my carbs and making a few choices at the weekend and when I eat socially as a long term strategy.

It might be that I try exante instead though.

Ayway, am on a train to the midlands and keep losing reception. Going to stay focussed.

Total loss now 25 pounds I think....8 to target. Come on :)))) xxx

See thats fab....I lost 2lbs last week and did NO excercise so what's my excuse??? The wide road perhaps.

Anyway - getting into the gillan michaels zone now then writing some bugger of a report until the wee small hours. Oh how I hate work sometimes.

I did read "motivation is a choice today" and boy is it...thats been pinging around my head for the last few hours...gotta listen to linda, she knows what's up. So I chose to stay motivated. 30 day shred tastic.

Good girl Nat. You are in this for the long game.

See, I have worked out in my little head that doing CD most of the time, integrating it with exercise and occasional eating is much better for me in the long run than just SS then sorting the rest out.

That's how I did it last time. Stuck at SS rigidly and fearfully for months during which time I interacted little with either food or exercise.

Then I stuck running on the end and started eating Mullerlights again. Needless to say the weight went back on. Fast.

Yesterday I decided to eat two slices of quiche, some salmon and a slice of lemon torte at lunch. It was free, you see. That is my worst situation....I am an opportunist.

Would I ever buy cake from Tesco? No!

Would I get a muffin from starbucks with my daily coffee? I am in there every day and don't bat an eyelid!

So ok, I did two vending machine raids in a year. Both hormonally induced.....but we'll let them go.

Events and buffets are my worstest. They invert my normal food values...remove my choices....send me into free fall.

Or they did. Until I started to loosen up.

So yesterday I am approaching the buffet situation. I have managed myself splendidly on the protein front of late (despite the great cheese extravoganza last week). At a buffet at the Hilton on Friday I ate cold cuts and little chicken skewers, knowing I was on a running day. It stopped me feeling deprived and kept me in the game. The wide road saved me again.

Yesterday was a bit odd. I did mean to just eat the quiche topping, not the pastry but it went a bit wrong and I ate two full slices. I then chose to eat some lemon tart. Didn't feel bad.

On the way home in Costa I did have a moment when I learned my conecting train was going to take two hours to pull in......nearly got a chocolate plait but settled for a flat white coffee. MMMMMM.

Ran 3 miles when I got home, powered by the lemon tart and managed to get back into the pink. Ate some chicken. Day done.

Today I am not running so will be 100%.....it doesn't feel like a problem. Honestly. Making choices is becoming easier the more I do it.

I wonder if I am now officially a 100% CD girl any more though? I am committed to using the products for a very long time.....but my version of 100% is now more a case of shades of grey than black and white.

I like that. Learning to flex mental muscle is the most powerful think that has happened to me on my journey.

Have entered into a 10k race on Sunday and will need to fuel up on carbs from WI Thursday onwards. Will try not to go mad. Choices.....:)

Later lovelies xxx

Good girl Nat. You are in this for the long game.

See, I have worked out in my little head that doing CD most of the time, integrating it with exercise and occasional eating is much better for me in the long run than just SS then sorting the rest out.

That's how I did it last time. Stuck at SS rigidly and fearfully for months during which time I interacted little with either food or exercise.

Then I stuck running on the end and started eating Mullerlights again. Needless to say the weight went back on. Fast.

Yesterday I decided to eat two slices of quiche, some salmon and a slice of lemon torte at lunch. It was free, you see. That is my worst situation....I am an opportunist.

Would I ever buy cake from Tesco? No!

Would I get a muffin from starbucks with my daily coffee? I am in there every day and don't bat an eyelid!

So ok, I did two vending machine raids in a year. Both hormonally induced.....but we'll let them go.

Events and buffets are my worstest. They invert my normal food values...remove my choices....send me into free fall.

Or they did. Until I started to loosen up.

So yesterday I am approaching the buffet situation. I have managed myself splendidly on the protein front of late (despite the great cheese extravoganza last week). At a buffet at the Hilton on Friday I ate cold cuts and little chicken skewers, knowing I was on a running day. It stopped me feeling deprived and kept me in the game. The wide road saved me again.

Yesterday was a bit odd. I did mean to just eat the quiche topping, not the pastry but it went a bit wrong and I ate two full slices. I then chose to eat some lemon tart. Didn't feel bad.

On the way home in Costa I did have a moment when I learned my conecting train was going to take two hours to pull in......nearly got a chocolate plait but settled for a flat white coffee. MMMMMM.

Ran 3 miles when I got home, powered by the lemon tart and managed to get back into the pink. Ate some chicken. Day done.

Today I am not running so will be 100%.....it doesn't feel like a problem. Honestly. Making choices is becoming easier the more I do it.

I wonder if I am now officially a 100% CD girl any more though? I am committed to using the products for a very long time.....but my version of 100% is now more a case of shades of grey than black and white.

I like that. Learning to flex mental muscle is the most powerful think that has happened to me on my journey.

Have entered into a 10k race on Sunday and will need to fuel up on carbs from WI Thursday onwards. Will try not to go mad. Choices.....:)

Later lovelies xxx

Jo, you are beyond on it, you are IT. This is the state we all aspire to. I think that you are right SS, like any other fast weight loss mechanism, does lots of bad things to us, it fuels our sense of deprevation and allows us to be fooled into thinking that all's well when the weight comes off, like we will magically stay in this static weight free state, but we dont, as we all know.

You are blending the plan, making it work for you, not the other way around and THAT my friend is pure poetry in motion.

I am trying to do the same and it is all about choices, I just wish I could start to focus on chosing to make excersise a priority now. ;)

Funny thing, I am now the lowest weight I have been post baby number two. The 12s are the hardest weight for me to get out of. I was 12 st 3 when I popped alara out which meant that I gained a respectable 2 stone in pregnancy and that was mostly in the last 3 months (fat stores build up so quick on your boobs bum and thighs when you have hormones like mine) I am now 12st 2 (which means I may have lost 3.5lb this week but weigh in will tell) and I was reading Illa's diary about the memory in muscle tissue and fat (like kinesiology) and I wonder if that is true...my rapid weight gain was down to being flat out exhausted and straight up stressed to death, the year that followed Alara's birth was on many levels the most difficult year I had had in a LOOONG time. So maybe thats why is was sooo tough...haha..some more "food" for thought.

Good luck with the 10k training you mentalist, 10k by god. I would be dead the level of fitness I have right now.

Nat, your reply is truly inspirational and so affirming. We truly are fighting the same battle- mentally as well as metabolically.

I am having a 100 % SS day today after 3 days of strenuous excercise and mad levels of carb munching! I did the race....the carbs GENUINELY helped but boy are they clinging to my apron???

It is unreal actually.

I didn't lose this week (STS) and was gutted. That sent me to the vending machine on Friday afternoon after tearfully trying to shut down my work for a 2 week holiday (immense levels of stress). I had given myself mental permission because I needed to start eating some carb 3 days before my race and figured I may as well enjoy them!

Did a training run of 7k that day and followed it with a tandoori mixed grill, some lentil dhal and half a keema naan. A pack of Belvita breakfast biccies and a banana provided a pudding.

Started the next morning (consciously) with the same....lovely combo but FULL of sugar! Did body pump and came home to a (planned) lunch of granary rolls, chicken, chutney and a bag of french fries.

Munched a big pack of mixed nuts and raisins during the day, had a hot choc and a berry scone in starbucks and ended with a small pizza express pizza and half a garlic ciabatta. Let's say my glycogen stores were up. As was my belly. Bloated! But enjoying myself throughly.

Race day started with some mini shredded wheat and an energy bar. I ran the 10k in 70 minutes and could have run for ever....carb loading did pay off. Seriously!!

I was *supposed* to get back into keto as soon as the race was up but I scranned two energy bars from my free Bupa pack. My hubby told me to 'give myself a bloody break' as I had just run 6 miles. I wanted chicken sarnies and crisps again but settled for a small pack of chicken thighs, a few cocktail sausages and some prawns munched throughout the day to stave of hunger. I was pleased the wider road swept into view because I was starting to think I was going to implode in some kind of carb oblivion. Once you are in there it is so hard to get out!!! You keep telling yourself 'Yeah well, I'll get back on track in the morning' and 'Yeah well, I *am*N on holiday' and 'Yeah well, I have just run loads'. Justifying that additional carb frenzy would have been soooooo easy.

So here I am 3 days on....having eaten thousands of extra calories and also participated in 3 hours' worth of mega exercise.

Having a 100% day today (may do SS+). Am starving. Utterly. Am reminding myself of the following:

1. the wedding I am going to at the weekend....there is no place for this carb apron in that dress!!!

2. My Spangle work....interested vs committed, the wider road.

It is so hard at times.....but if I don't suck it in now the weight will fly back on, no matter how active I am. Granary rolls, I defy you.

Lord knows how much I have gained....I daren't look at the scales

Yikes xxx

A quick up-date...

Crunch time.

I didn't manage to do SS yesterday. Not because I had a run-in with a bag of Steak McCoys and a Raisin Yorkie (for a change)....but because I made a decision.

I am on my holidays at the moment and started to question why I am putting myself through the hardship of SS between workout days. I know, for instance that I am doing a bodypump session tonight and will eat extra and that on Wednesday I will be running 10k at running club (pray for me) and doing an hour long 'blast class'. Two classes planned for Thursday too.

Trying to do one day of SS yesterday just seemed stupid so I ate some chicken and some king prawns plus 3CD and a bit of veg. It was the very lovely Katie Nicholson who suggested I go up to 810. So I did.

Makes sense. SS no longer fits with my lifestyle as is. I didn't intend to be exercising quite so much as I am, so I will be more flexible with my plan. I feel happy with that. SS will need to be something I can dip in and out of....and I won't be trying it again until at least August.

So this week.....on my hols. I plan to have an occasional latte, eat 3cd every day and some protein. Am allowing myself an almighty steak tomorrow night if I manage my blast class and 10 run...with mushrooms and tomatoes (get me!!)

At the weekend I am going to enjoy myself and give myself 7 days off worrying. I can get back on track on 2nd August when my hols are gone.

Does that mean I am going to go mad? No, not really. I want a full stone off now (changed my target a bit) so I don't want a huge gain to deal with. But I will be gentle on myself.

I am doing some work with Marissa Peer (Ultimate Self-Confidence) and La Spangle (am going back over sections- very useful. Also plan to engage with the middle bit I skipped because it explores eating).

Trying to get over my hang-ups and realise I am doing really well and I will get to target. Perhaps nursing a feeling of deprivation during my last full holiday until Christmas is not a good policy. I shall be back xxx

Dont you go anywhere, you are doing the right thing here.

You know what I find. That this fits with your lifestyle when you have a structured day - I was working last year all over the country and had many goes at doing SS, it never worked, why, because, and this is truly why, it was not the right time to do SS. You need to be totaly single minded about it dont you?

810 is a good plan, which you were always kind of doing (as we all have done over countless weekends) a few days SS and a few days with some extra protein.

I have finally metabolised the krispy Kreme, I am back in the pink and I really am going to focus on the implementation of my exercise regime - mostly because you put me to shame lass.

Hey Josie Jo, where are you? How is it going???

I hope you are enjoying your time off. How was the steak? MMMMMM :)

Hey ladies,

I am here!! And, errrr, off plan.....well, CD anyway. Aw man....I put 6 pounds on in 2 weeks of eating what I liked. It was a good result to be honest, could have been so much worse had I not kept up my exercise.

810 hasn't worked for me, sadly. Doing lots of classes and running has been great, but my body simply isn't getting what it needs from CD at the moment. I tried it last week and kept going haywire and eating little bags of almonds from Statbucks. I have been getting the same black coffee from the place for about 5 years and bought food on about 4 occasions in that time. Last week I bought salted roast almonds 4 times. There has got to be a message in there from my body to my psyche.

Anyway, I appear to have lost about 3 of those 6 pounds by doing a brilliant workout plan and sticking to low carb, plus the nuts for a week. Mint!

I went back to work last week and a colleague who started Dukan at the same time as I started CD was so much slimmer than the last time I saw her....she had lost 26 pounds in the same time as I have effectively lost 17 and she is doing next to no exercise. Hell-o-o!!

What am I doing???!! Dukan, that's what. I started it properly yesterday and am going to stick at it during the month of August and see what joys it brings. When I tried it for a couple of weeks in the spring (and maintained) I didn't know how much variety there is in terms of what you can eat. It just felt like endless meat, veg and fat free natural yoghurt with no flavour or variation. Looking at a few of the Dukan sites that have sprung up in the USA I can now see how wrong I was.

This seems like something I can follow and rebuild my muscle density at the same time. Not eating/being in Keto seems unatural to me and my body now- this is not a cop out, but a reality. It worked for a good 17 pounds and then folded for me as soon as I started to run again.

I will keep popping back to catch up if that is ok on here?? You ladies have been an unbelievable source of humour, support and diet-based love since May

Lots of love

xxxxxx

Too True Buddy!

I will be getting the insider knowledge from Dukan-ville as that's what I fancy doing post CD.

Keep coming and letting us know how it is going, or else :)

I love you toooooooo.....and will be back from that special town of protein and oatbran to share tales......:) xxx

Back