Just saying hello, starting the Atkins diet tomorrow!

liannem

Hey people :)

I have decided after a very chocolatey carby Christmas to start the Atkins diet. I actually started the dukan yesterday until now as I just didn't take to it. I felt to limited to what I could eat and was bored easily!

So, about my new Atkins journey... I have around 20 pounds to lose, a baby to look after and a boyfriend to cook big dinners for lol... This may be very challenging but I am 100 percent committed to completing this diet!

I am still reading the dr Atkins new diet revolution which I downloaded for free by the way :) very chuffed I didn't have to spend 6.99 on ebay or kobo.

So a big helloooo to everyone here and would be very grateful of any support, tips, and motivation anyone has to offer me. Also would love to hear your experiences with weight loss during induction phase :)

Look forward to hearing from you all, and anyone else starting tomorrow is welcome to be my diet buddy along this exciting journey to skinnyness :)))))

Li xxxx

Hey :) think I just commented on ur other post

Welcome to Atkins :)

Its Such a great diet to follow even with a busy lifestyle and gives great results!!

You might want to create a diary, this is where we all discuss wat we have eaten and get ideas off each other ( and have a good gossip ;) )

Good luck in your new Atkins journey xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi thanks, I sure will start a diary, will be cool to look back on :)

How long have u been on this diet stef? X

Ohhhh been doing this diet for 7 weeks now, done quite a few diff diets over the past yr and this has been the best one! Xxx

Hi Li,

I have done both Dukan and Atkins and find Atkins much more sustainable long term. Plus you get to eat fat which is a big contributor to "taste" in food, everything tastes yummy! Started Atkins 12 months ago and lost almost 4 and a half stone in 2012 despite taking 3 or 4 months off diet and messing around here and there.

Anyway,... good luck!

Hi Li,

I have done both Dukan and Atkins and find Atkins much more sustainable long term. Plus you get to eat fat which is a big contributor to "taste" in food, everything tastes yummy! Started Atkins 12 months ago and lost almost 4 and a half stone in 2012 despite taking 3 or 4 months off diet and messing around here and there.

Anyway,... good luck!
Wow so that's like 4 and a half stones in 8 months about if u had 3 to 4 months off. Fantastic!! How was the induction stage? Did u lose rapidly? How long do u think it will take me to shift 20 pounds?

Sorry for all the questions just excited now

Li x

I don't know what weight you are now, i was over 19 stone when i started, the bigger you are the faster you are likely to lose initially. 20lbs can be done it 2months i think, maybe 3 months at the most, the first 14lbs could be off in 3 weeks or less as losses are always big in week 1 and sometimes week 2.

You do need to stick to Atkins ridigly to get results though, it's not a very forgiving diet for cheating on.

Agree with all the above! I'd say anythin from 8-12 weeks, I started Atkins at 11.10 and I lost a stone in 6 weeks x

I don't know what weight you are now, i was over 19 stone when i started, the bigger you are the faster you are likely to lose initially. 20lbs can be done it 2months i think, maybe 3 months at the most, the first 14lbs could be off in 3 weeks or less as losses are always big in week 1 and sometimes week 2.

You do need to stick to Atkins ridigly to get results though, it's not a very forgiving diet for cheating on.
Thanks for info. I weigh around 11 stone now. Just eaten bacon and fried eggs for breakfast fried in olive oil, feels very strange and almost unreal that I will lose weight eating these fatty foods! X

Ah, yes i remember myself thinking "how the hell am i going to lose weight eating THIS?!", but it happens, wait til your first weigh in and you'll see ;).

I'd say since you are only 11 stone you'll take a bit longer to drop the weight, the first stone will come off fast in any case so you'll be feeling much better 3 weeks from now, i'm very certain of that!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Ah, yes i remember myself thinking "how the hell am i going to lose weight eating THIS?!", but it happens, wait til your first weigh in and you'll see ;).

I'd say since you are only 11 stone you'll take a bit longer to drop the weight, the first stone will come off fast in any case so you'll be feeling much better 3 weeks from now, i'm very certain of that!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Great advice, thank u ;-)

Will certainly keep posting how I get on x

Back