Just started SW and confused!

froggylegs

Silver Member
Hi, i just joined SW and I am struggling to know where to look to find out whether specific foods are "free"

i also have have no idea where to look up specific branded stuff to see syn values.

i am on the SW website but can't find a full list of free foods.

i particularly want to know if all fat free greek style yoghurt is free and if any flavoured yoghurts are free

all advice gratefully received!

Have you joined a group it doing it online?
If you have a book that gives you a list of all free foods
I think there may be a list on the website if you are an online member but not sure.
The syns you would use the syn online tool. ( under my weight loss tools )
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yogurts are a bit tricky you have to check by brand
I can tell you 0% total is free
Also 0% activia and most muller lights there is a sticky on here for yogurts that will help

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi, I'm not in a SW group, but my friend has given me the books she bought from slimming world. There are 2, (Free Branded Foods 2014 & Low Syn Snacks 2014).
The Free Branded Foods one is listed by brand so if you have a particular brand I could look it up and see if its there. I usually just stick the food name in google and put SYN beside it and it usually brings me to forums where the answers would be..

Sure let me know and I'll see if its in the book.

I did find this on a google search
Maybe the 1/2 syn is because of the flavours, but i didn't see one
Mullerlight Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Coconut with a hint of Vanilla, 120g pot ½ syn
Mullerlight Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt, Honeyed Peach, 120g pot ½ syn

If they put the whole list of free foods on the website, they wouldnt be able to sell the book lol

on the website, you have to use the search tool, for each item you want to check

its quite annoying that you can only get 30 results on the website as it means you have to keep tweaking the search to find things, and alot of the results dont relate to what youre searching for. So its not the best of tools. I usually just end up using the calculator

Hi, i just joined SW and I am struggling to know where to look to find out whether specific foods are "free"

i also have have no idea where to look up specific branded stuff to see syn values.

i am on the SW website but can't find a full list of free foods.

i particularly want to know if all fat free greek style yoghurt is free and if any flavoured yoghurts are free

all advice gratefully received!

If you are a member you just access your food diary and are able to see all free foods / healthy extras / syns

I've just started this week and have spent A LOT of time on Google! I've pretty much found all my answers there!

God knows where, but I did find a list of all the free foods. It pretty much amounts to fresh fruit/veg and salad as your super free items, then eggs, lean meat (so chicken breast etc, cut visible fat of bacon and use extra lean mince), most fish, canned fish that is in brine, water or tomato juice, pasta, potatoes, rice, quinoa, cous cousin and natural fat free yoghurt (inc many Muller light yogurts- google syn free yogurts for more info)!

Back